PDA

View Full Version : Nike Air Zoom Cush ~ Review

arod
10-26-2010, 09:12 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/arodsteezy/nike-air-zoom-cush-grey_1.jpg
Features:

Sleek and savage for ultimate street mastery, the Nike Air Zoom 6.0 Cush Men's Shoe pushes the limits of style and function with maximum comfort. Just right for freestylers and tricksters alike.

-Leather, suede and nubuck upper
-One-piece vamp construction for durability and fewer pressure points
-Full-length Phylon midsole with Nike Zoom unit in heel for low-profile, super-responsive cushioning
-Rubber top weld for increased grip
-Outsole design to increase flexibility and board feel

Colorways
This shoe comes in a variety of colorways. Mostly ranging from fairly typical to pretty out there. Nothing too chill. The ones I had were purple/grey, they definitely pop. Some examples: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1280&bih=937&q=nike+zoom+cush&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Price
Around $45-$60 depending on where you go.

Where To Buy?
Any local shop will carry these, nikes are becoming quite popular. You can also check at any online skateshop but please consider buying locally first.

First Thoughts/Impressions
I really like the color and overall look of the shoe. Very stylish and classy, expect compliments! They have a slender, sleek design and don't puff out anywhere. VERY lightweight.

Comfort
When I first tried them on they felt a little narrow around the middle. After a little but of wear that went away but I would not recommend these for someone with wide feet. They lack padding everywhere except around the ankle, which is minimal. They feel more molded to your feet than the average shoe and it's really a strong point in my opinion.

Boardfeel
They're more sturdy than what you would expect, but it doesn't seem to affect the boardfeel. Imagine a boardfeel that is halfway between dvs and vans.

Impact
These shoes provide a decent amount of impact resistance, though I wouldn't take them off anything above a 9 or 10. Putting in an extra insole would remedy this.

Durability
I didn't really know what to expect with the durability of the shoe but they turned out just fine. There is no stitching by the ollie area which, in my opinion, is a huge advantage. The first signs of wear were on the toe side of the sole, which sticks out considerably farther than most shoes. The toe seems to be made of a single piece of fabric with some extra protection near the sole, which bothered me. As i'm sure you all know, shoe goo is your friend.

Overall
I would recommend these shoes to any average skater. Again, some of the strongest points are:

-lightweight design
-stylish design/colorways
-good grip
-sturdy
-somewhat durable, especially for this type of shoe

BakerForLife
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Nice job. Only thing I would suggest for your next review is add some actual pics of your shoes (if you have can), and maybe go a little more into detail in each section. More in depth never hurts :)

stier
10-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Grip looks like Dunk grip. Can't get any board control with it.
I like that the toe is a different style than dunks though.

lucilles2
01-16-2011, 03:34 PM
i remember when nike was a no for skateboarders.

arod
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Who cares? They make amazing shoes.

Whatdoyouwant?
01-16-2011, 08:15 PM
i remember when nike was a no for skateboarders.

Oh, shut up.

I'm sure thinking about trying a pair now.

Daron
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh, shut up.

I'm sure thinking about trying a pair now.

Do it. I've been skating my Low top Nike Blazers and I love them way more than my new etnies.

Chew on This
01-25-2011, 09:52 PM
these look nice i have a pair of leather ones and hate them... Bought it for $60 and now im regrettying it, i should've gotten these instead.