PDA

View Full Version : Skate History- Pat Duffy "The Questionable Video"

jcdc
10-29-2010, 10:13 PM
This is the first in what is going to (hopefully) be a weekly installment, where I highlight a video part from the past, in order to expose it to a younger generation of skaters that may or may not be aware of their own history. As Bob Marley may or may not have said, “In this bright future you can't forget your past.” So I’ll start off this column with a personal favorite of mine: Pat Duffy’s part in “The Questionable Video”.

There’s the old cliché that something or someone is “ahead of it’s time”, and I really can’t think of a better way than that to describe Pat Duffy. In an era when the rest of the skateboarding world was pressure flipping and sliding curbs, Pat was skating handrails and ledges...and not small ones, either. Really, all you’d have to do is switch pants and wheel sizes, and this video part could have been released within the last five years, without anyone complaining that it’s a sub-par performance. So, if you ever happen to run into Mr. Duffy, be sure to tell him “Thanks.” If he asks what for, just say, “Questionable.”

aBeFQLnr6Lw

Trebor
10-29-2010, 10:26 PM
this is SUCH a good idea. the new CT is kicking ass.

Noj
10-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Great start to your series, a part which changed everything. Too bad the Epic'ly Later'd video isn't available on youtube any more. It has pros like Ed Templeton, Jamie Thomas, Aarto Saari, and others discussing Duffy and the Questionable part. I especially love when Templeton talks about seeing the premiere, and describes the reaction from the audience in such a deathly serious tone.

jcdc
10-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Great start to your series, a part which changed everything. Too bad the Epic'ly Later'd video isn't available on youtube any more. It has pros like Ed Templeton, Jamie Thomas, Aarto Saari, and others discussing Duffy and the Questionable part. I especially love when Templeton talks about seeing the premiere, and describes the reaction from the audience in such a deathly serious tone.

ON video:

4PPPSJFMNZQ

Noj
10-29-2010, 11:02 PM
That's the one! Thanks jcdc.

Coleman
10-29-2010, 11:58 PM
JCDC<3

New CT rock!

Knight203
10-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Awesome article. Ive seen Duffys part before but I had no idea how influential it was at the time.

Onyxaxe
11-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Good idea. Thanks XD