PDA

View Full Version : Lakai Manchester Selects

gilby
04-17-2011, 04:54 PM
http://scene7.zumiez.com/is/image/zumiez/170804-0073?wid=450&hei=450

Colorways;
These shoes come in so many variates. Blue, red, burgundy, green, gold, all of them. For some reason, I got a Limited Addition or something though? My pair is grey with a swoosh outlined with burgundy.. Never seen this color variety.

Price;
These are some pretty cheap shoes! When I got mine, they weren't on sale, so they were 55.00. But they are the best gripped shoes I personally have ever owned!

Where to buy these;
Zumiez all the way my friends. Where I get 98% of my shoes. I dont know if they will always be around, but always keep your eye out! These are great shoes :D Or you can buy them online. Probably more variates on the sites, anyways :rolleyes:

First Thoughts/Impressions
Whoah. Love the colors! How much are these suckers?

Comfort;
Out of all honesty, these are more comfortable than Vans. Right when you slip in, they dont have that new/hard shoe feeling. It only takes like half a day to make it all the way worn out! I love 'em!

Boardfeel;
The grip on these are amazing. Little holes, which consist of tiny threads of some sort. I think this is for better grip. When I stepped upon the beautiful board, I could feel it under me pretty well. After a few days, it became perfect!

Impact;
The impact is OK. The Vans impact is better, thats all im gonna say. So dont try and jump 10 feet from a cliff! It might hurt (break) your feet if you dont land on the board! :p

Durability;
The durability on these are pretty decent. They are Canvas material, and I still haven't gotten a hole in them. The toe cap is pretty cheaply made though? It isnt threaded, or glued as the Vans are. So they tend to rip apart easier. But thats it!

Overall;
I like these shoes! Very stylish. The laces are usually a bit to big for the shoe though.. lol :rolleyes:

Coleman
04-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Nice job on a review but I am just going to point out some things.

Boardfeel is how does it feel when you step on the board. haha Not the grip. Some shoes feel as if you are wearing socks and skating the board. Some shoes have too much cushion and you can't even feel the natural feeling when you skate. Then other shoes feel perfect, not too thick and not too thin, just right.

props for trying ;)

gilby
04-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Nice job on a review but I am just going to point out some things.

Boardfeel is how does it feel when you step on the board. haha Not the grip. Some shoes feel as if you are wearing socks and skating the board. Some shoes have too much cushion and you can't even feel the natural feeling when you skate. Then other shoes feel perfect, not too thick and not too thin, just right.

props for trying ;)

Out of all honesty, I accidentally skipped that! lol. I was in a rush to do something for my mom, so I accidentally left that part out. haha

Stu
04-17-2011, 05:26 PM
zumiez not all the way haha. support your local shop. but good review

Trebor
04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Where to buy these;
Zumiez all the way my friends. Where I get 98% of my shoes. I dont know if they will always be around, but always keep your eye out! These are great shoes

zumiez is absolutely awful, they're way too expensive and run by corporate dbags.

Boardfeel;
The grip on these are amazing. Little holes, which consist of tiny threads of some sort. I think this is for better grip. When I stepped upon the beautiful board, I could feel it under me pretty well. After a few days, it became perfect!

board feel isnt the same as grip.

Impact;
The impact is OK. The Vans impact is better, thats all im gonna say. So dont try and jump 10 feet from a cliff! It might hurt (break) your feet if you dont land on the board!
they're vulcs, so they definitely arent for people with sensitive feet.

Durability;
The durability on these are pretty decent. They are Canvas material, and I still haven't gotten a hole in them. The toe cap is pretty cheaply made though? It isnt threaded, or glued as the Vans are. So they tend to rip apart easier. But thats it!

first off they're made of quality suede, not canvas, and second they have a one piece toecap which is actually much more durable than a stitched or glued toe cap, i can tell you probably dont do too many fliptricks so i'll chalk this up to inexperience.

good job writing a review for them though.

gilby
04-17-2011, 11:14 PM
zumiez is absolutely awful, they're way too expensive and run by corporate dbags.

board feel isnt the same as grip.

they're vulcs, so they definitely arent for people with sensitive feet.

first off they're made of quality suede, not canvas, and second they have a one piece toecap which is actually much more durable than a stitched or glued toe cap, i can tell you probably dont do too many fliptricks so i'll chalk this up to inexperience.

good job writing a review for them though.

Strange. Cause mine are Canvas. Im positive. I think they make different styles :D

Trebor
04-18-2011, 12:05 AM
yeah i guess they do make a canvas model, and while i love manchesters i would never use canvas for actual skating.

if you rip the canvas ones up too fast you should try the regular suede ones, they're much better.

gilby
04-18-2011, 12:11 AM
yeah i guess they do make a canvas model, and while i love manchesters i would never use canvas for actual skating.

if you rip the canvas ones up too fast you should try the regular suede ones, they're much better.

Will do! :D

SkateTabz
04-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Those look sweet. I think I'll get a pair, since my Geoff Rowley XLTs seem to be falling apart.

AlmostaSkater
04-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah I think that they do make a canvas model, but either way, I love these shoes. I've had 3 pairs so far in a row, right now I'm using Mike Mo's which are pretty similar. Manchesters are one of my favorite shoes.

DanielKerr96
05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
They look epic! are those just normal laces?:confused:

jet2set
06-03-2011, 05:23 AM
Cool... hope i can get one of those instead buying a new trux

discolemonade4
06-03-2011, 02:44 PM
you get 98% of your shoes off Zumiez?
So your 13.......fail.

NoSwitch
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
first off they're made of quality suede, not canvas.

Suede <> Quality in terms of leather quality.

Suede is the cheapest kind of cut of "genuine leather" and is only superior to "bonded" leather. Bonded leather is like particle board. It is tiny leather scraps glued together. Suede is the leather part of the hide where the top of the skin was too scarred and torn up to be used. Though I have plenty of suede shoes I actually prefer a heavy nylon for skating and athletic stuff. Most fabrics people call canvas these days are actually nylon. Canvas was made from cotton. Suede isn't as strong as cordura. Suede also shows a lot more dirt and is practically impossible to keep clean.

Pro tip, you can use a wire brush to scrub suede clean most of the time.

dailykickpush
06-13-2011, 01:08 AM
these are the most comfortable shoes known to man kind

d00m_iz_f1r3
06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I've had 5 pairs of these they aren't that durable but they sure are comfortable.

TheDaringPastry
06-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't like this shoe at all. Haven't actually owned a pair, but i've tried my friends' on.
The boardfeel isn't too bad, however their durability is almost as horrible as vans'.
Also i just don't like the way they look.