PDA

View Full Version : skate system sELLER!

POUNSTER
06-02-2008, 09:15 PM
lately ive been sad. seeing all these good games coming out for 360 and ps3. im stuck here with my ps2 and xbox. i feel its time to upgrade for the summer. by far i daydream more about playing ea skate than i do skating.

i was think of getting a ps3 because no one has one =/

but 360 seems like ill get the best out of the deal.

i just want to play ea skate !!!

on ps3 or 360. not which one to play it on. which one to buy it for?

as well as what other good games come with the console besides the GOD-like gameply of ea skate !!!!

Ibanez
06-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Get skate on the PS3, people on cafe said it looks better, PS3 has free online while you pay $50 a year on the 360 (sounds like your strapped for cash right now) plus the 80 GB PS3 can play PS2 games. But if you want the best bundle deal then on or after June 12th get the MGS 80GB bundle. For $499 you get a 80 GB Playstation 3, a $49 Dualshock 3, and a $60 game along with skate.

There you have it, you can't disagree with that logic. But you shouldn't really count on people you know to get a system, I know 2 other people with a PS3 and noone with a 360 while tons of people on SC have a 360 and a few people with a PS3 on SC (still haven't played any of you people in a game!). But if you want to play people online on the PS3 online gaming is free while the 360 its $50 a year. If you plan on just playing 1 game all the time and one day perhaps play online might as well be free so you don't have to play online everyday just to get $50 out of the deal that year.

erase_the_doubt
06-03-2008, 12:37 AM
also with the free ps3 online capabilities you can download the ea skate demo for free until you get the real thing, i have a ps3 and definitely recommend it

nervous
06-03-2008, 06:15 AM
yea If you want to play online and all that shiz get a ps3, inbuilt wireless, free online,
swap your HDD with any internal pc HDD so you can upgrade to like 750gb.

swordman540
06-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Xbox 360 ftw.

you can also download demo games.
You can also play online with skate for free (all xbox live have 1 gold trial, and forever silver membership)
You can also have 120 GB (well, my xbox does, and yes its an elite).

But I never really saw a PS3, so, listen to Ibanez. I think he owns both..?

Ibanez
06-03-2008, 02:13 PM
I forgot to say that the 360 can jack up the games in it if you move it or if it takes a strong shock to the console with a disc in it. Thats all I heard from people but with my PS3 I was drunk and playing Medal of Honor and for some reason it was on the ground and not by my tv but I kicked it pretty hard trying to step over it. Only thing that happened was the AV jack came unplugged.

Xbox 360 ftw.

You can also play online with skate for free (all xbox live have 1 gold trial, and forever silver membership)

Yeah I own both a 60 GB converted into a 500 GB PS3 and a 20 GB xbox (can't upgrade the HDD).

erase_the_doubt
06-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Xbox 360 ftw.

ps3

can also download free demo games
also has free online anytime to any game that supports it, even demos
you can upgrade the to whatever the hell space you want

so ;-]
got ya covered bro.

also ibanez whats your ps3 username thing

POUNSTER
06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
ps3

can also download free demo games
also has free online anytime to any game that supports it, even demos
you can upgrade the to whatever the hell space you want

so ;-]
got ya covered bro.

also ibanez whats your ps3 username thing

i shall erase the doubt i had in buying a ps3. downloading the demo was actually my plan for the 360 and ps3. but seeing its 50 bucks a year for live. and ps3 is free.

my plan

is

BUY-ps3. i dont know about the mgs4 bundle though.

download ea skate demo. wait 2 years untill i have enough money to buy ea skate one. but by then ea skate 2 will be out and than ill buy ea skate 2 =)

but does the 400 dollar ps3 play ps2 games?

erase_the_doubt
06-03-2008, 10:08 PM
yes any of the ps3's play ps2, and ps1 games
and you save them on internal "memory card" slots

Ibanez
06-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Nope only the 80 GB PS3 plays PS2 games (trust me on this, I know all about the PS3). The way it plays them is with an emulator chip which the 40 GB DOESN'T have. You can even google it to see that the 40 gb doesn't play any PS1 or PS2 games.

Really get the MGS 4 bundle, sure you pay $100 more but you get $100 back in the pack alone with the Dualshock 3 and MGS 4 and you can play PS2 games on it as well. With the 40 GB all you get is a SIXAXIS and a bluray dvd that you can get at wal-mart for like $20-25. This way while you save up for skate or skate 2 you can play and get blown away by the graphics of MGS.

yes any of the ps3's play ps2, and ps1 games
and you save them on internal "memory card" slots

My psn name is in my status but I have it in greek but its Grishrak. But sadly no the only PS3 models that play past PS1 and PS2 games are the 20 and the 60 and due to the chip they have to have 100% BC of the past games Sony stopped making them (so they could lower the price). The 80 only has BC with PS2 games but thats whats so good about it.

nervous
06-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Xbox 360 ftw.

what? you can play online games without gold membership???

Twinsk8er_lev
06-04-2008, 01:33 AM
get xbox 360. It's got the best games that PS3 doesn't have, like Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. The best console for first-person shooters. And much cheaper prices, if you're looking for good deals.

Ibanez
06-04-2008, 03:15 AM
get xbox 360. It's got the best games that PS3 doesn't have, like Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. The best console for first-person shooters. And much cheaper prices, if you're looking for good deals.

The only games keeping it a float are halo, bioshock (which will be on the ps3 in oct) and gears without those games it will be as big as a fail as the first xbox. The reason it got gears of war in the first place is because it was the first current gen system out and they made epic sign a contract making the first 2 games only on the 360. If it wasn't for the contract it would be a multi-platform game. Besides theres hardly a game on the 360 you can't already get for the PC.

PS3 has the best new series and a killer line up for 08 and for 09 let me list them for you.

Big named games of 08
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Online
SOCOM: Confrontation
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Resistance 2
Valkyria Chronicles
The Agency
NBA 09 (NBA Live 09 will be multi but NBA 09 will only be on PS3, PS2, and PSP)
ArmA 2
Empire: Alpha Complex
Metro 2033: The Last Refuge
Playstation Home
Siren Blood Curse

Big named games of 2009
Killzone 2
God of War 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Eight Days
Eyedentify
Getaway
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
Infamous
Twisted Metal
War Devil
White Knight Chronicles

Yep I say the PS3 has the 360 by the balls for 2 years! Were getting a ton of shooters, RPGs, as you can see tons of new titles and return of some old friends. But he already said hes joining the dark side, cause black looks best with crome!

erase_the_doubt
06-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Nope only the 80 GB PS3 plays PS2 games (trust me on this, I know all about the PS3). The way it plays them is with an emulator chip which the 40 GB DOESN'T have. You can even google it to see that the 40 gb doesn't play any PS1 or PS2 games.

Really get the MGS 4 bundle, sure you pay $100 more but you get $100 back in the pack alone with the Dualshock 3 and MGS 4 and you can play PS2 games on it as well. With the 40 GB all you get is a SIXAXIS and a bluray dvd that you can get at wal-mart for like $20-25. This way while you save up for skate or skate 2 you can play and get blown away by the graphics of MGS.

My psn name is in my status but I have it in greek but its Grishrak. But sadly no the only PS3 models that play past PS1 and PS2 games are the 20 and the 60 and due to the chip they have to have 100% BC of the past games Sony stopped making them (so they could lower the price). The 80 only has BC with PS2 games but thats whats so good about it.

well i dunno about the 40 but i have the 80 and it plays PS1 and PS2 games?
which was yours before you converted it to more memory?

and wow you know so much...lol

dodge
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
O No not all them awesome games which everyone loves the ps3 for, as there best games arn't even out yet or are on the xbox's as well.

out of the list I see like 2 games I would even be intrested in... Im sorry Its not just the games I think the xbox 360 is supuriour to the ps3. adn yes I have played both and I own an xbox 360 and a wii.

Ibanez
06-04-2008, 01:26 PM
well i dunno about the 40 but i have the 80 and it plays PS1 and PS2 games?
which was yours before you converted it to more memory?

and wow you know so much...lol

Mine was the 60 GB now a 500 GB.

O No not all them awesome games which everyone loves the ps3 for, as there best games arn't even out yet or are on the xbox's as well.

out of the list I see like 2 games I would even be intrested in... Im sorry Its not just the games I think the xbox 360 is supuriour to the ps3. adn yes I have played both and I own an xbox 360 and a wii.

I have a PS3 and a 360, 360 blows. The PS3 games your talking about are MGS 4 and God of War 3, know how I know that those are the biggest names on the list. You have to watch footage, screenshots, read interviews to get why all the other games are going to be big hits.

The 360 isn't better then the PS3 Rockstar even said so cause GTA 4 filled up the HD dvd and if theres a new GTA and 360 is still on hd dvd chances are Rockstar will give PS3 exclusive content cause they would have to trim the fat off of the 360 to fit on the disc (if they don't just put GTA on the PS3). Besides thats not all the exclusive games in 08 theres at least 30 games only for the PS3 while the 360 has around 15.

dodge
06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah and thats why rockstar are realsing exclusing content to microsfot xbox 360 on its market place... which palystation will never recive ( and Its ment to be as big as what shivering isle was to oblivion)

plus you only back up ps3 as you want to try and perswade everyone on how you think its so great and so magicail with its blue ray and it sweet games which it doesnt have so you can really perswade yourself that this wasnt a big fat waste of money...

Ibanez
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah and thats why rockstar are realsing exclusing content to microsfot xbox 360 on its market place... which palystation will never recive ( and Its ment to be as big as what shivering isle was to oblivion)

plus you only back up ps3 as you want to try and perswade everyone on how you think its so great and so magicail with its blue ray and it sweet games which it doesnt have so you can really perswade yourself that this wasnt a big fat waste of money...

No the games I posted aren't out yet so your right sweet games which it doesn't have.......yet all in due time. But I only post large posts about why the PS3 is better cause you shouldn't buy a console just for the games (where I messed up getting a 360). You have tons of things to look into console life span (where the PS3 is better), media formatting (PS3 again, you can play WMA, AVI, MPEG, MP4 formats on the PS3).

Bluray is the best form of discs (which is why it killed the hd-dvd in the format war!), used to be dvd roms (which the PS2 and Xbox used), heres a size side by side between bluray and hd-dvd

ROM single layer
Bluray: 23.3 / 25GB
HD-DVD: 15GB

ROM dual layer:
Bluray: 46.6 / 50GB
HD-DVD:30GB

Theoretical Limit
Bluray: 200GB
HD-DVD: 60GB

Source:http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/blu-ray-vs-hd-dvd-state-of-the-s-union-s-division/
As you can see without question more compaines see the difference between them and the most and biggest companies support Bluray.

For the wasted money part, I know its NOT a waste of money.
Its the only real high def console out (games are in full hd while the 360 the console upscales them so their games aren't really in hd and Im almost sure theres no 360 game in full 1080p). Sony will keep making PS3 games when the next console comes out, they still make PS2 games and have them coming out all the way to 2010 while as soon as the 360 was in plan they stopped making xbox games and when the next xbox comes out they'll stop making 360 games (which the next one will be a big rip off of the PS3 which bluray, montion like controls in the controllers). Why buy a 360 when their already making concepts for the next xbox which they want to release by like 2010-2012.

Its the most powerful system out thats why Heavenly Sword jumped from 360 to PS3 cause they would have to downgrade the amount of people in each battle . Plus on the side of buying a high end console the fail rate of the PS3 is .1% while the 360 is still at 33%. http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/failure-rate-xbox-360-high-as-33-sony-ps3-less-than-1/

Bluray again is a beast, which is why PS3 has UT 3 a full year before the 360 gets it due to the fact the game is too big (like the RPG Lost Odyssey is on 4 discs, it would only use 1 bluray disc). Remember you dissing bluray when the next xbox console gets bluray put in it instead of using hd-dvds, cause if you don't, I will.GTA 5 could only be on PS3 (http://digg.com/xbox/Rockstar_GTA_V_Could_Be_Too_Large_for_Xbox_360)

On PS3 you've got a guarantee that every machine is going to have a hard-drive and, with Blu-ray, you've got plenty of storage, whereas on Xbox 360 there's no guarantee of a hard-drive and you're working with the DVD format. Does that create limitations?" To which he replied, Yep.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163233

If PS3 is such a waste why is some exclusives from the 360 jumping multi platform like Bioshock and Bioshock 2, Prey 2, Overload, Two Worlds, Saint's Row 2, etc all of them will be on PS3 and 360. But I can tell that Ninja Gaiden 2 will get some sort of upgrade and that update will only be on PS3 such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma is an update from Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox, improved levels, created a storyline so you can play as Racheal (I think thats it, forgot her name), new camera options, added parts to levels. If they wanted to stick to xbox they could have made it for the 360, but I think Team Ninja will make games for both consoles.

Your right PS3 will never get the content promised on the 360, which is why theres going to be differnt DLC for the PS3!
http://www.gamecollision.com/news/grand-theft-auto-4-ps3-downloadable-content-confirmed

You see with all that info on PS3 having the best disc format, more playable movie format (Bluray, dvds, WMA, MPEG, AVI, MP4, maybe more), Wi-fi for wireless online play, free online, remote play with the PSP (you can play some PS3 titles on the PSP), new series (noone wants to play the same title over and over so theres always new titles coming out), more companies perfer the PS3 over the 360, hence all the new studios such as Naughty Dog, Factor 5, Age Tec, etc. So with all those things and interview/web news you can find on google will prove that the PS3 is better then the 360.

Vrait
06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Get the 360, Mass Effect is awesome.

Ibanez
06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Im sure he already made the right choice for 100% BC with his old PS2 games and really the only console to offer you free 100% BC the Playstation 3. So input by anyone is pointless, even from myself.

dodge
06-04-2008, 04:01 PM
1. what no virbration in the controller how many generations ago was when that happened
2. rofl
3. yeah going to steal the six axes o no so we can fly a dragon in lair realsiticly to bad lair sucked and hardley any games use it coz it sucks
4. yes 360 has probelms but how comes every time Im play fifa roudn my friends on ps3 it freeze in the middle
5. Its called not being poor go by the next console when that one is finished with...

and did I say rofl

Ibanez
06-04-2008, 05:13 PM
1. what no virbration in the controller how many generations ago was when that happened
2. rofl
3. yeah going to steal the six axes o no so we can fly a dragon in lair realsiticly to bad lair sucked and hardley any games use it coz it sucks
4. yes 360 has probelms but how comes every time Im play fifa roudn my friends on ps3 it freeze in the middle
5. Its called not being poor go by the next console when that one is finished with...

and did I say rofl

Coming from someone that HAS NO idea what their talking about

1. Dualshock 3 has been out for 2 months now and the reason it was out at launch is due to the fact that the company that has been making dualshock since the PS1 their contract with Sony ran out before the launch of the PS3, so instead of pushing back the release of a console due to a simple feature they went ahead with it. Besides SIXAXIS is great for games like Heavenly Sword, Folklore, GT 5, Madden, NCAA March Madness, and it will always be a great feature. Sony was working hard on making a new contract that the company liked to supply Dualshock 3. Plus in the early stages the rumble affected the SIXAXIS but they got it fixed. Your reason debunked.

3. Xbox is thinking about ripping off the SIXAXIS but as for Lair they released a patch so you can opt to use the analog sticks. Your reason debunked.

4. Fifa hasn't froze on my friends, I would test it out but the game sucks. Your friend must not have changed settings on his PS3. Besides who in their right mind plays that game. PS3 is almost flawless the only error that could occur is of the owners stupidity (as members of Playstation forums will say).

5. Not everyone is going to buy a system when the next one comes out, I only got the PS3 when the 60 GB was $599 cause I knew it could play PS1 and PS2 games as well and since my little cuz only had a gameboy I gave my old PS2 to her and a few games (Mafia, San Anderas, God of War, God of War 2, Killzone, Black, True Crime New York and LA, and Hitman 1-3. All of which I bought again for myself).

Remember a lot of people on the forum don't have a job (most members are around 14-17) and Im sure parents aren't going to buy a new system at around $400 just so they can play new games. Your reasoning is sorta dull at things, do some research first.

POUNSTER
06-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Its called not being poor go by the next console when that one is finished with...

seeing as how i poop out 400 dollars everyday.

i dont live off my parents =)
Merging doublepost

Im sure he already made the right choice for 100% BC with his old PS2 games and really the only console to offer you free 100% BC the Playstation 3. So input by anyone is pointless, even from myself.

DAYUMMMM 80gb. why would i need that much space.

all i want to do is play ea skate =(.

the first games ill buy are call of duty 4. and mgs4.

mgs online mostly.

so now. that question has gone from ps3 or xbox? to 40gb or 80!!!???

Ibanez
06-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Its called not being poor go by the next console when that one is finished with...

seeing as how i poop out 400 dollars everyday.

i dont live off my parents =)
Merging doublepost

DAYUMMMM 80gb. why would i need that much space.

all i want to do is play ea skate =(.

the first games ill buy are call of duty 4. and mgs4.

mgs online mostly.

so now. that question has gone from ps3 or xbox? to 40gb or 80!!!???

Ok well if you want to play past PS2 games you need the 80 but if you don't want to then get the 40. But still if you get the 80 MGS 4 bundle, free $59 game and free $49 Dualshock 3.

dodge
06-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah again Your writting so much to defend the biggest piece of crap on the market... You know it I know it and the whole cafe knows it.

yeah 360 has better games better controllers better online play better market place achivment points

and you think I do not games I will take you to another world.... Im just not int he mood to arguy with another gamer about how again he thinks the ps triple is the best think to hit the earth since pokemon.

erase_the_doubt
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Sorry dude but the ps3 has beaten the 360 in so many different areas it is not even funny. Most of the reasons have already been mentioned in this thread yet you still continue with what your saying. Yes you may like the 360 better, but this isn't opinion. Its cold hard facts that the ps3 outclasses the 360 ANY day. So just stop, please. =] The guy has already made his choice of what he wants anyways.

dodge
06-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah a 360 is what he wants... and you only defending it as you have one... have you every played a 360 so dont noc it till you tried at anyways its jsut to make yourself feel better about your waste of money.

O yeah I nearlly forgot "beaten in so many ways" hahaha Rofl copter

Ibanez
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah a 360 is what he wants... and you only defending it as you have one... have you every played a 360 so dont noc it till you tried at anyways its jsut to make yourself feel better about your waste of money.

O yeah I nearlly forgot "beaten in so many ways" hahaha Rofl copter

If the PS3 is garbage why is it beating the 360 7 to 1 in Japan? (even the PS2 is outselling the 360 4 to 1 in Japan!!!!)

If its so bad why is it beating the 360 in Euro 2 to 1?

Only place that xbox sells more then the ps3 is in north america, but by population charts if the trend keeps going PS3 will once again top them.

Also if the PS3 is so bad and everyone knows it what about the links I posted? Do GAME companies that make games for both system favor the PS3 cause its SOOOOO much more garbage then the 360.

I don't need to defend the system, only have to defind the truth of your BS that your flooding up this thread about. I post hard facts, links of evidence all you post is retarted statements. Unless you find proof that backs up statements your points are null and void.

Berishman
06-05-2008, 01:21 PM
There are 142 demos currently available for free on xbox live marketplace.
Along with full length tv shows, and over 196 movies.

Skate's online play isn't even really worth it. EA Nation has some glitchy servers.

That is the ONLY situation where you have to pay for xbox live, when you want to play against other people.. but seriously. 50 dollars gets you a 1 year subscription to the #1 online gaming service, a free headset, arcade games, and if you shell out 30$ more you get a vision camera and marketplace points.

Xbox scrapped their plans to release a wii-like addon due to the massive amounts of opposition by the way. ;)

If you're a social person, you want the 360.

dodge
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah well guess what wii out sold your big paper weighed and I own both so I am happy and still just saying but ps3 is like so rofl.

Ibanez
06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah well guess what wii out sold your big paper weighed and I own both so I am happy and still just saying but ps3 is like so rofl.

So 360 has never been able to out sell the wii IN JAPAN but the PS3 has a little under 56,000 units to the wiis 34,000 units and not did Sony do it once, they did it twice (and come June another few weeks of selling the most current gen systems). Dude no matter what you say when you bring NO proof against me its like Im picking a fight with a crippled person.....pretty much one sided. I have proof to back up my statements while your going 100% annoying 360 fanboy, even no proof to back up your words you can't just STFU!

PSP: 66,000
PS2: 8,800
PS3: 53,000
Wii: 36,000
Xbox360: 5,700

http://www.ripten.com/2007/11/21/ps3-outsells-wii-in-japan-for-a-second-week/

I'll get a wii once they start making good games for it and get over the mario and zelda bull**** they pull out for each system, I got tired of those games way back on the 64.

Face it man, hes getting a PS3 not a 360 hes already said it himself asking questions about the 40 and 80 gb. Hes not going to want to dish out $50 to play online for one game which I have told him hes going to burn out on it.

dodge
06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
guess what "get this noob outta here" ^^^^^ Rofling

and wow gives a s**t about japan aways.

phlap
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
The PS3's a bit more powerful, & breaks down less.

But the 360's cheaper, and I think, because skate is hosted on EA's servers and not microsoft's, you can play online without xbox live gold.

Both are solid systems, with their advantages and disadvatages.

And because no fanboy thread is complete without it... Wii Sucks!!!

dodge
06-05-2008, 04:17 PM
O wait and decided to brows the internet a bit and wait whats this "wii leads" it sure does and yes this is a view months ago but seriously your amazing ps3 was getting out sold by your hand held....

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13710.cfm

erase_the_doubt
06-05-2008, 05:28 PM
O wait and decided to brows the internet a bit and wait whats this "wii leads" it sure does and yes this is a view months ago but seriously your amazing ps3 was getting out sold by your hand held....

The only reason wii has every led any statistics besides sucking ones, is b/c its so cheap and all the Sonic and Mario freaks out there. Its really like a gameboy that you play on your tv...LAME

the 360 is just a big heap of horse **** i mean once the new xbox system comes out all the 360 games are inferior b/c they won't play on the new one just like what happened to the regular xbox when the 360 came out.
its a big money scheme plain and simple
-paying for online when it is simply easily possible to be free
-having to ditch all the old games when the new one comes out
...sounds like microsoft to me....

Ibanez
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
O wait and decided to brows the internet a bit and wait whats this "wii leads" it sure does and yes this is a view months ago but seriously your amazing ps3 was getting out sold by your hand held....[b]

For the four weeks ended April 27th, [b]PSP unit sales came to 380,867 units, beating DS sales of 169,911 units. Nintendo moved 187,121 units of the Wii.

Your link April 17th, 2008, my link below May 4th 2008.

Your beloved wii is getting out sold by a SONY handheld, in JAPAN even!
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13837.cfm
Round to Sony^

LOL how could you not see the link to the story! But thanks for posting afterdawn, its been a real help for me in this next set of arguments against your fanboyism against Sony. I don't know to posi rep you (for the heavy favorited Sony over every console afterdawn links at the bottom of each page) or neg you (for dumb remarks and terrible spelling in the past posts)!

If you wonder why Japan is a big deal well if Sony surpases Nintendo enough in Japan where the wii is selling the most units, its going to be hard to bump up enough sells where the wii isn't selling as good. Round to Nintendo.

I say that once FF XIII is out in Japan PS3 beats the wii and the 360 why do I say that well when Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core was released in Japan, what happened, this (as I posted before)

From a September 21, 2007 article http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/005499.html
Crisis Core's sale to-date in Japan? 486,659.
95,487 Sony PSP
79,974 Nintendo DS
26,181 Nintendo Wii

Oh my whats that at the top? I would say the PSP above the DS by 15,513 units and above the wii by 69,306. Round to Sony.

A nail in the coffin for the wii!

Sony has some big hitters coming up, while the Wii is about to have a drought. Nine out of the top 20 games listed on the Famitsu most wanted list are PS3 games, compared to only four for the Nintendo Wii.

http://www.samuraisoapbox.com/2007/07/18/ps3-sells-a-million-in-japan-rpg-white-knight-story-to-sell-more/

In case you haven't heard of Famitsu (which I know you haven't) its the biggest game magazine in Japan if they say a game is good you can expect to sell better a wii does in NA. They printed out that list and million units are sold. Now think of that once more information is put on their website and in the magazine cause theres not a lot know about the upcoming RPGs, both FF 13 and Versus 13 only have a short trailer up online with screenshots but theres going to be at least apredicted 3 million unit jump by the end of 08 from my mouth. A million units sold while theres an RPG drought, now their coming and Nintendo won't really have anything to counter it. If they saved Brawl or Mario Kart Wii then maybe.

Yeah so what Nintendo is finally beating Sony at home consoles for the first time since well ever! PS1 (102.49 million units http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation) beat their N64 (only sold 32.9 million units look on the side under the console and follow it down http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64)

PS2 (127 million units as of 07, so the 4 to 1 sales aren't counted for on their crushing of the 360 in Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2) wiped the floor with their gamecube (21.74 million units as of 08 so its recent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamecube) and the xbox (24 million units as of 06, now thats an epic fail worth a Rofl!!!!). Nintendo finally beat Sony for once, I'll give you that but with the predicted fail of the 360 (the system you praise as being a hand down from GOD losing to the PS3 everywhere minus NA), thats just something I suggest you sit down for.

----------Reasons why the 360 will fail against Sony yet again--------

I know why you say I try to defend PS3 "cause its garbage" as you said its because I post nothing but large word bricks of the truth with trusted info with links to credited sources, and it just makes you sick thinking how could the 360 screw up a almost full year field day without having to worry about what Sony is going to do better then them, yet again. So what do you do, you jump the sinking 360 band wagon and jump on the wii wagon cause you know the 360 has nothing but 4 games this year thats going to sell (Ninja Gaiden 2, Gears of War 2, Halo, and Fable 2). Like it or not, Im still going to post the truth on how the 360 is going to fall to Sony again. Above Nintendo finally found something that works, to bad they'll fall back in the same pattern after they stop production of the wii so enjoy it while you can.

Proof from a Microsoft worker himself that when FF XIII comes out the 360 has no chance in catching up to the PS3 in Japan. And thats not counting Versus XIII!
http://kotaku.com/5010405/even-final-fantasy-probably-cant-save-xbox-in-japan

^In short he wants to dip the 360s hand in the money they make on windows to buy out Square Enix and get the rights of Final Fantasy so they can win Japan since their RPGs are terrible in the eyes of their most hated fan club members.

May 7th 2008
PS3 over takes 360 in Euro!

"The PS3 is far more mass market than 360, which has gone for traditional adult males - and that does not go down well in continental Europe."

[qoute]if Sony manages to leverage the extensive music and movie catalogs available from their home video and music divisions they could certainly position the PS3 as an all-in-one home entertainment juggernaut.[/quote]

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13876.cfm

Sony's production costs are dropping, could this mean another slice in price to make it the same or cheaper then the 360? Could be fewer and lower prices mean they could lower it and still make a profit.
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13951.cfm

Xbox not going bluray
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13854.cfm

Could hurt them cause if they don't then GTA comes back home on the PS3 as an exclusive! Would shoot PS3 above 360 so far that the 360 would never recover.
http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=6694

Well thats enought to post about right now, I need to go and pay off the rest of the biggest awaited exclusive of 08 that of course being the differnce maker Metal Gear Solid 4 Collector's Edition. Other wise I would love to turn all your proof upside down somemore.

dodge
06-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Rofl copter I really did touch a neve when I said "your defending it beacuse you want to confince others and yourself it wasnt a waste of money" hahaha well it was .

Ibanez
06-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Rofl copter I really did touch a neve when I said "your defending it beacuse you want to confince others and yourself it wasnt a waste of money" hahaha well it was .

Only thing getting under my skin is that your 16 but you post like your 10! Open a book for once in life and learn to spell something right for a change. As I said before its not a waste of money when I have ALL of those links to back up not only what I think but what game compaines, devs, perdictions, etc all about how the Playstation 3 is going to pass systems left and right. Plus after I post you change subjects and then post like the quote, reasoning with computer slang and clueless fanboyism. Hell Bill Gates would buy a PS3 if the only thing he had to go on was your posts and my posts. Work on your reasoning before you try to convince people of buying stuff, cause after looking back on all the spelling errors; you couldn't sell crack to a crackhead.

So in your best intrest, it would be best if you just you know not post here anymore, your making your own self look bad with posts that would make Bush laugh! Get over it, my reasons make your reason fail worse then Two Worlds (in fact I wouldn't even have to post more then 3 words to make them fail that hard) and thats why hes buying a PS3 and not a 360:

downloading the demo was actually my plan for the 360 and ps3. but seeing its 50 bucks a year for live. and ps3 is free.

my plan is
BUY-ps3.
i dont know about the mgs4 bundle though.
download ea skate demo. wait 2 years untill i have enough money to buy ea skate one. but by then ea skate 2 will be out and than ill buy ea skate 2 =)
but does the 400 dollar ps3 play ps2 games?

POUNSTER
06-06-2008, 09:54 PM
why so much rofl. im not really loling..

im still wondering what to GET!???

obviously the people with a ps3 are gonna tell me to get a ps3. same with the 360.

but for me i believe buying my xbox was a waste of money. and buying a wii would also be a waste.

as for the dual shock? whats the difference? between the six-axis.

i see mgs4. is coming with 80 gb bundle. and i dont really see any 360 deals going.

as i asked my friend before he told me...

MY 360 DONT BUY IT.

- it over heats

- had to send it to microsoft to fix it

- i play it with a fan right next to it so it doesnt over heat.

.???

so ps3 the way to GO??!??

but he did say the online lags. and id like to get some pro-headshots in COD4. or 5.

also

the ea skate? is it online with ps3 also? like being able to skate with everyone on one city?

DJ Hankey
06-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Well i have a 360 and i would have to say that it is the best thing that i have purcashed, probably because the online is the best and the grapics are pretty decent too.

0ocircao0
06-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I would go for the 360,i dont have one i just have the regular x-box but ive heard good things about the 360's.

Ibanez
06-06-2008, 10:50 PM
why so much rofl. im not really loling..

im still wondering what to GET!???

obviously the people with a ps3 are gonna tell me to get a ps3. same with the 360.

but for me i believe buying my xbox was a waste of money. and buying a wii would also be a waste.

as for the dual shock? whats the difference? between the six-axis.

i see mgs4. is coming with 80 gb bundle. and i dont really see any 360 deals going.

as i asked my friend before he told me...

MY 360 DONT BUY IT.

- it over heats

- had to send it to microsoft to fix it

- i play it with a fan right next to it so it doesnt over heat.

.???

so ps3 the way to GO??!??

but he did say the online lags. and id like to get some pro-headshots in COD4. or 5.

also

the ea skate? is it online with ps3 also? like being able to skate with everyone on one city?

Dualshock 3 is like the Dualshock 3 just that it rumbles and has the SIXAXIS contorls in it. Its hard to explain the SIXAXIS cause it does different things in each game. Heavenly Sword you can control objects you throw (arrows, swords, bodies), Lair you use it to fly the dragon, Folklore to capture lids from the Folk. Its a great addon but you can turn it off in games if you rather use the analog sticks.

As for online lags, I haven't seen any and I play Madden, Army of Two, Medal of Honor, Resistance, GTA 4, Pro Street, GRID, and I haven't seen a lag. To be honest most of the people that say theres serious lags haven't played the PS3 online, they just report what they hear.

And yes skate has online for both systems.

Pros of buying a PS3

-Won't over heat very fast. My friend leaves it on while he goes to sleep while he downloads a game and he says its still good.

- You won't have to worry about the console becoming out dated. It uses the best tech devices out right now (blutooth and bluray).

-You can upgrade the HDD in under 5 mins. All you have to do is remove the bottom cover, pull out the tray, open it, remove the HDD, put in the higher space HDD, close it, insert it, and then put the cover back on the bottom. Then format.

-Less then 1% fail rate.

-Best looking game line up for 08 and 09, at least 30 exclusive games will be out in 08 and about 10 in 09 so far.

-Saves you money, no need to buy 3rd party things such as battery charges, base stands, etc. Everything you really need comes with it. usb cable to charge the battery, wi-fi, etc. The only 3rd party devices thats useful is the intercooler which keeps the console 33% cooler longer, other then that the PS3 can already do (why buy a device to charge 2 controllers at once when if you have 4 usb cables you can charge 4 at once and play at the same time?!)

-Web broswer. You can go to web sites over the ps3 from the browser in it (and its free).

Now Im sure I didn't forget anything but things get over looked (Im not including creating internal memory cards for PS1 and PS2).

But yeah the MGS 4 bundle is worth it even 360 fans will admit it. Normal price of a 80 GB console you get about $100 of things FREE!

POUNSTER
06-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Dualshock 3 is like the Dualshock 3 just that it rumbles and has the SIXAXIS contorls in it. Its hard to explain the SIXAXIS cause it does different things in each game. Heavenly Sword you can control objects you throw (arrows, swords, bodies), Lair you use it to fly the dragon, Folklore to capture lids from the Folk. Its a great addon but you can turn it off in games if you rather use the analog sticks.

As for online lags, I haven't seen any and I play Madden, Army of Two, Medal of Honor, Resistance, GTA 4, Pro Street, GRID, and I haven't seen a lag. To be honest most of the people that say theres serious lags haven't played the PS3 online, they just report what they hear.

And yes skate has online for both systems.

Pros of buying a PS3

-Won't over heat very fast. My friend leaves it on while he goes to sleep while he downloads a game and he says its still good.

- You won't have to worry about the console becoming out dated. It uses the best tech devices out right now (blutooth and bluray).

-You can upgrade the HDD in under 5 mins. All you have to do is remove the bottom cover, pull out the tray, open it, remove the HDD, put in the higher space HDD, close it, insert it, and then put the cover back on the bottom. Then format.

-Less then 1% fail rate.

-Best looking game line up for 08 and 09, at least 30 exclusive games will be out in 08 and about 10 in 09 so far.

-Saves you money, no need to buy 3rd party things such as battery charges, base stands, etc. Everything you really need comes with it. usb cable to charge the battery, wi-fi, etc. The only 3rd party devices thats useful is the intercooler which keeps the console 33% cooler longer, other then that the PS3 can already do (why buy a device to charge 2 controllers at once when if you have 4 usb cables you can charge 4 at once and play at the same time?!)

-Web broswer. You can go to web sites over the ps3 from the browser in it (and its free).

Now Im sure I didn't forget anything but things get over looked (Im not including creating internal memory cards for PS1 and PS2).

But yeah the MGS 4 bundle is worth it even 360 fans will admit it. Normal price of a 80 GB console you get about $100 of things FREE!

:icon_clap my friend you make a convincing sales person.

the 80gb mgs4 bundle... is 500 right?

as for the online.

how would the setup for online be?

as good as pc online.

and how would i be able to set the game up online for games. as well as downloading?

im planning on getting it play mgs4 and download the ea skate demo .which should last me a long time.

not so interested in blue -ray.

my sister also is telling me to get A NEW tv. seeing as how mines i old. and says the game will not look good on my old tv. is that true?

Ibanez
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
:icon_clap my friend you make a convincing sales person.

the 80gb mgs4 bundle... is 500 right?

as for the online.

how would the setup for online be?

as good as pc online.

and how would i be able to set the game up online for games. as well as downloading?

im planning on getting it play mgs4 and download the ea skate demo .which should last me a long time.

not so interested in blue -ray.

my sister also is telling me to get A NEW tv. seeing as how mines i old. and says the game will not look good on my old tv. is that true?

Well I never tried a wired connection but I guess you just plug in your internet cable in back the PS3. I have a linksys router so I can get online with my PS3 and on my computer (both with wi-fi). If someone near you have a wireless router you can get on theirs by scanning for wireless connections on the PS3. But yeah the bundle is $499 (without tax).

For games and stuff online most of the games connect when you select online in the game menu (like Haze, Vegas 2, and Airborne to name a few). But to download games its real easy. After you connect online just go to the Playstation Network and go to game demos on the left side of the screen. Then hit X and it'll download, you can also click perform in background if you want to do stuff while it downloads. You can download and play online at once but it'll download slower but online play won't be affected.

As for your TV it won't look good only because the games themselves are in HD. So if the back of the box says the game is in 1080p that means that the game is in 1080p output but the PS3 will have it fit on your tv. Thats the only reason why people say the game look better on 360 cause their games aren't really in FULL hd but the 360 upscales them but the difference is really a small amount of pixels. I don't have a HD tv but the graphics look great, even when I mess with the tv colors it makes it look better (its an old Sanyo SD tv). But HD or not the graphics will look great unless its a 10 inch black and white tv.

POUNSTER
06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Well I never tried a wired connection but I guess you just plug in your internet cable in back the PS3. I have a linksys router so I can get online with my PS3 and on my computer (both with wi-fi). If someone near you have a wireless router you can get on theirs by scanning for wireless connections on the PS3. But yeah the bundle is $499 (without tax).

For games and stuff online most of the games connect when you select online in the game menu (like Haze, Vegas 2, and Airborne to name a few). But to download games its real easy. After you connect online just go to the Playstation Network and go to game demos on the left side of the screen. Then hit X and it'll download, you can also click perform in background if you want to do stuff while it downloads. You can download and play online at once but it'll download slower but online play won't be affected.

As for your TV it won't look good only because the games themselves are in HD. So if the back of the box says the game is in 1080p that means that the game is in 1080p output but the PS3 will have it fit on your tv. Thats the only reason why people say the game look better on 360 cause their games aren't really in FULL hd but the 360 upscales them but the difference is really a small amount of pixels. I don't have a HD tv but the graphics look great, even when I mess with the tv colors it makes it look better (its an old Sanyo SD tv). But HD or not the graphics will look great unless its a 10 inch black and white tv.

cool cool. i have an old panasonic.

i hear the 80gb bundle with mgs4 is rare?

i have a linksys router so i will be able to downloads demos than? how long would it take?

and

with the 80gb bundles being rare. i hear news they will soon be discontinued?

erase_the_doubt
06-10-2008, 10:19 PM

i have a linksys router so i will be able to downloads demos than? how long would it take?

and

don't know about the rest but, the downloads would take about 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the demo. also just to point out to you that the Skate DEMO doesn't have online play, just the real game.

POUNSTER
06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
don't know about the rest but, the downloads would take about 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the demo. also just to point out to you that the Skate DEMO doesn't have online play, just the real game.

yes yes i know.

do you have the full game or the demo?

i played the demo alot. as well as my friend has the game for the 360. but shelling out 60 bucks for ea skate. when ea skate 2 is in development is fishi.

plus the demo i feel will last me a while. try to learn every trick.

hehehehe

erase_the_doubt
06-10-2008, 10:35 PM
yes yes i know.

i played the demo alot. as well as my friend has the game for the 360. but shelling out 60 bucks for ea skate. when ea skate 2 is in development is fishi.

plus the demo i feel will last me a while. try to learn every trick.

hehehehe

just making sure, haha

demo FTW, lol
i play it all the time, i can so kill that demo area.
like bam 360 inward heel melon to nose grind nollie laser flip out o.O

ChinMusic
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM

Depends where you buy it... My local Gamestop is only selling 2... Lol... But my Best Buy will be selling 30-40 of them, so I'll be there early to pick it up :D.

erase_the_doubt
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Depends where you buy it... My local Gamestop is only selling 2... Lol... But my Best Buy will be selling 30-40 of them, so I'll be there early to pick it up :D.

yeah both gamestops here only have 2 also

lilro
06-10-2008, 11:30 PM
yo ibanez is there any difference between the 40gb ps3 and 80gb besides capacity and backwards compatibility??

POUNSTER
06-11-2008, 03:05 PM
yo ibanez is there any difference between the 40gb ps3 and 80gb besides capacity and backwards compatibility??

ibanez didnt answer my other questions =(

i think thats the only difference between the 2.

Ibanez
06-12-2008, 12:10 PM

and

Yeah the linksys should be fine. Just when you get your PS3 hooked up scan for wireless connections (make sure you can get online on your computer with the router first, thats where a lot of people ***** that the router doesn't work). After that should be easy to figure out the other things. Im not sure about the bundles other then the MGS4 bundle.

yes yes i know.

i played the demo alot. as well as my friend has the game for the 360. but shelling out 60 bucks for ea skate. when ea skate 2 is in development

Skate 2 comes out TBA 09 so theres time to go a head and get skate. (I hate skate, hated the demo so I know I'll hate the game)

Nope thats the only things that differ from the 2. You can take a 40 and install any STA formatted 2.5 inch laptop hard drive in the system. So you can buy a 40 GB and get a 300 gb hdd for about $280 or so and install it for more space for games. (Which Im glad I have 500 GB hdd in my PS3. Ive used 90 gb so far)

POUNSTER
06-12-2008, 06:19 PM
ok some im ****ed. they dont sell the ps3. i went to toysrus and gamestop. sold out on all of them. they only had 2 mgs4 bundles. BUT they were reserved.

so now the system you have convinced me to buy i cannot buy it..

sony wants us to buy the system but theres no system for me to buy =(

i love ea skate. 50 percent of the reason i want a ps3.

tucknees in the game feel soooo goood

Ibanez
06-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Well then buy the 40 gb and MGS4 it'll be about the same. The bundle sold out everywhere but they should send more in by the weekend just call or go there and save yourself one.

POUNSTER
06-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Well then buy the 40 gb and MGS4 it'll be about the same. The bundle sold out everywhere but they should send more in by the weekend just call or go there and save yourself one.

WHY??!??

they brought out 2 for the one day. and they will be bringing in more? are you sure about that?

i think it was a one day deal. and they will only sell the 40gbs now.

40gb.... eh....

which one do you have

AJ
06-13-2008, 01:04 AM
never been a fan of playstation.

i think we should leave it to the computer people ;)

Xbox 360 FTW!

ChinMusic
06-13-2008, 01:28 AM
ok some im ****ed. they dont sell the ps3. i went to toysrus and gamestop. sold out on all of them. they only had 2 mgs4 bundles. BUT they were reserved.

so now the system you have convinced me to buy i cannot buy it..

sony wants us to buy the system but theres no system for me to buy =(

i love ea skate. 50 percent of the reason i want a ps3.

tucknees in the game feel soooo goood

Are you really from America?

POUNSTER
06-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Are you really from America?

i guess you really are the person in your sig.

ChinMusic
06-13-2008, 11:14 PM
i guess you really are the person in your sig.

You bet your ass I am.

Ibanez
06-13-2008, 11:27 PM
never been a fan of playstation.

i think we should leave it to the computer people ;)

I agree hence why SC in SCEA means Sony COMPUTER (all in all it means Sony Computer Entertainment America)

POUNSTER
06-13-2008, 11:43 PM
You bet your ass I am.

most likely the person on your avatar?

ChinMusic
06-14-2008, 01:27 AM
OH yes!

erase_the_doubt
06-16-2008, 01:37 AM
hey ibanez earlier you said that the 80gig didnt play ps1 games didnt you?
cuz i have the 80gig and mine play the ps1 and ps2 games, i tested it just to see and it plays both

Ibanez
06-16-2008, 04:05 AM
hey ibanez earlier you said that the 80gig didnt play ps1 games didnt you?
cuz i have the 80gig and mine play the ps1 and ps2 games, i tested it just to see and it plays both

Well I only read that on the internet it can't play PS1 games but since it has an emoulator in it, it could. Have the one with the PS1 and PS2 chips in it.

POUNSTER
06-19-2008, 01:37 AM
do you know when they will discontinue the 80 gb and the 40gb?

Ibanez
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
do you know when they will discontinue the 80 gb and the 40gb?

I really don't think their going to discontinue the 80 or the 40 to be honest. Why would they do that for anyway just bring back 2 consoles they discountined last year?

POUNSTER
06-19-2008, 05:19 PM
^^ i read somewhere they are going to discontinue it . for a 100gb or 140 gb

Ibanez
06-19-2008, 06:05 PM
^^ i read somewhere they are going to discontinue it . for a 100gb or 140 gb

Why do that when you can upgrade the HDD in like a min! I have a 500GB in mine but sooner or later I may just go with a whole TB just for the hell of it.

bustedbearings
06-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Ibanez is a PS#fanboy... **** ps3, I played skate on my friend's PS# and it was so laggy and we weren't online, we were in career, xbox 360 is the ****, and you don't have to have several gigabytes of updates to play games, *cough* ps3 *cough*

mainefreestyle
06-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I LOVE my 360..... Its got everything I want and more.... I also Just got a WII.... My xbox live Gamertag is ZU62 and its awsome.... I also PWN at mario cart.
O and EA skate is UBER AWSOME on the 360 :)

ChinMusic
06-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Ibanez is a PS#fanboy

No, he owns both a PS3 and a 360. He knows for a fact that the PS3 is far better in almost every aspect because of first-hand experience. Just because you played a PS3 once doesn't justify that you know that a 360 is far better.

Ibanez
06-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Ibanez is a PS#fanboy... **** ps3, I played skate on my friend's PS# and it was so laggy and we weren't online, we were in career, xbox 360 is the ****, and you don't have to have several gigabytes of updates to play games, *cough* ps3 *cough*

Oh yeah Im 100% Sony fanboy, thats why I own a wii and a 360! Im so ashamed of myself that Im SUCH a total fanboy!

But really though, its known as fact that people say skate looks and plays better on the PS3 then the 360 (don't believe me google it!). Your words of needing gigabytes to update a game is so far from the truth the only thing thats even past that is saying the PS3 isn't even out yet. 12 MB is the biggest Ive seen (and I had 53 games on the PS3 so I know....now 42).

Even if you did need gigabytes to update I updated my HDD a few weeks after I bought it so Im sure that 500 GBs is enough to last me untill PS4 comes out. But fanboy or not everything I said can be found with google, now I got some MGO to play.

ZOMBIE
06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
well i havent read the rest of the thread and i really dont care to but this is how i see it:

get a ps3 if your going to play games 5+ hours a day and have a lot of extra cash laying around

or get a 360 if you play games once in awhile

and ibanez, why do you take this so seriously

Ibanez
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
and ibanez, why do you take this so seriously

Its a long story, I'll just sum it up with I take video games seriously.

ZOMBIE
06-27-2008, 12:04 AM
haha i can tell by your myspace

Ibanez
06-27-2008, 12:06 AM
haha i can tell by your myspace

I just threw that up cause I couldn't think of anything else to fill the about me with. Surveys sucked, couldn't find a good layout, and didn't feel like making one.

ZOMBIE
06-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I just threw that up cause I couldn't think of anything else to fill the about me with. Surveys sucked, couldn't find a good layout, and didn't feel like making one.

im probably going to regret saying this but i seriously got hard over the background

Ibanez
06-27-2008, 12:34 AM
im probably going to regret saying this but i seriously got hard over the background

Now I understand why its rated T now.