PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Chicago on Dec. 12th

old gregg
11-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey guys, I am heading to Chicago on the 12th with my girlfriend and some others. While I was out there I wanted to check out the local spots you guys have to skate. I prefer ledges and banks. I used to hit rails but had a bad bail and ruptured 2 discs in my back so now I have this fear of rails I need to ween myself out of.

If any of you guys would kindly do so, please post some info on spots. If you could, include whether I would get arrested/ticket, what there is to skate at the spot you list, & location in Chicago.

Thank you for your time.

Peat
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Good ledge at the fish market on the NW corner of Halsted & Fulton Market. Actually, that whole area there in the warehouse district west of the Loop has tons of great spots. Not sure if you would get ticketed in that area...I would guess it is unlikely since it is not in the Loop. Weather may be crappy (i.e., snow & ice) by December 12th.

eleventytwo
11-28-2008, 12:33 AM
there's this famous spot that I don't even remember the name of..all I remember is that there's a crapload of security guards only because it's a really fun spot to skate ;) the main attraction there is like a red sculpture thingy. the security guards instantly swear at you so....even if your sitting there lol. last time i STEPPED onto sears tower property there were two guys that were like gtfo. and my friend did the funniest thing ever XD. he said "my dad owns this place" we were crackin up and the two guys were like "this tower?"
and my friends like YEAH! so the guys were like okay call him up and my friends like okay i don't have signal here so we started running after =D. omg that was hilarious. but yeah chicago is full of scary, mean, and even nice people. just avoid the people that are TO into the city like bums. There's also two skateparks if I remember correctly. i've only been to one of them so don't expect much info from me on that. the one i went to sucked balls it was in the middle of nowhere and there were bowls everywhere. well it wasn't bad but i heard the other one was much better. well anyways good luck and have fun. maybe i'll take the train just to show you around :)

Peat
12-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Weather may be crappy (i.e., snow & ice) by December 12th.

Update on this: As predicted, it is crappy out there. Hope it clears up for you.

Brokenbones
12-04-2008, 09:09 AM
yea haha weather is gonna be bad when you get here,you could always try KRUSH,it's indoor so you should be good.

Peat
12-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Dec. 12th has arrived...it is 15 degrees farenheit and there is still some uncleared snow/ice on sidewalks, alleys, etc. Hope you're skating indoors somewhere or found something else to do.