PDA

View Full Version : Parkour

Azzam
05-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Anybody at SC play parkour/freerunning?
It's a good sport, and fun too
I parkour when i get bored skating or snapped my board and got no money to buy a new one
For those who don't have any idea what parkour is, watch at youtube, it's awesome

cptn craig
05-04-2009, 12:23 AM
there are a few folk that are actually good, i hate the folk that just run and act like knobs and claim its parkour, when the only fun they have is actually using the word "parkour"

but there is a guy at the skatepark, he can do huuuge twisty backflips, and land perfect, in and out of bowls etc, its good to watch

HighVoltageSk8r
05-04-2009, 12:37 AM
theres this dude at my skatepark who rain up the hip of a qp into the half bowl type thing we have, and he did like a 360 front flip then rain down the other side of the hip o_O

cptn craig
05-04-2009, 01:03 AM
thats exactly what my guy done! haha, like full on same trick

johnny16tx
05-04-2009, 01:16 AM
theres this dude at my skatepark who rain up the hip of a qp into the half bowl type thing we have, and he did like a 360 front flip then rain down the other side of the hip o_O

rain?

Sean
05-04-2009, 05:50 AM
ran??

VanAmen
05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
hows parkour pronounced? Park-Ow-Er?

cptn craig
05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
par-koor

i think its that apposed to park-oor

Iliketoskate
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
flips and stuff of that sort is actually called tricking its usually mixed with parkour.

fallenNJzero
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
the concept in honesty is a little stupid, but when you see a guy jump roof to roof then do like a front flip off, its pretty sick

cptn craig
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
that isnt parkour, thats some nugget jumping off a roof.

parkour is point A to point B. in the most creative way possible.

flips werent really a big part of it, just the mainstream ruin everything as always haha.

i watched and taped a documentry, the thing that started it all and its really the only thing i watch parkour related

Azzam
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
that isnt parkour, thats some nugget jumping off a roof.

parkour is point A to point B. in the most creative way possible.

flips werent really a big part of it, just the mainstream ruin everything as always haha.

i watched and taped a documentry, the thing that started it all and its really the only thing i watch parkour related

yup, he's right
it's all about reaching point a to b in the fastest time possible, and at the same time use your creativity to get through obstacles in the fastest and easiest way possible
the flips and stunts? just some ingredients in parkour to have more fun and eye-catching
Merging doublepost

you made a documentary?
can i watch it?

cptn craig
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
sorry, i meant, i watched the documentry, and then taped it off the telivision haha :P

it was a french man and 2 other of his friends, that were part of a "jump great britain" documentry.

it might have been quite big underground, but that was the first time us normal folk watched it and its taken off ever since

Azzam
05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
oh... that sucks..
french guys? not weird.. the founder itself was french, David Belle.
at wikipedia, his face looks like rodney mullen

cptn craig
05-04-2009, 08:14 PM
yeah, it wasnt david belle, I'm a huge fan of him though.

speaking of which...district 13?

i think thats the movie! i forgot i was wanting to buy it/watch it!!!!!

Azzam
05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
in my country the title of the movie wasn't district 13
but Banlieue 13, the original name
the films rocks!

cptn craig
05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
i need to get it! ha, its all in subtitles but...you dont need the story tbh ;) :P

phlap
05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Parkour was invented to give EA DICE something to make a game about besides "Battlefield"...

SkateMore
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I guess the "og" parkour guys think that flips are lame or whatever but in my opinion it is really fun to watch guys do a bunch of flips over roof gaps and stuff.

Azzam
05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
i wonder if gymnasts practice using parkours??...

cptn craig
05-06-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah, in ye olde athens, greece. the gymnasts would use parkour to train for zues's first annual Olympics

almostsk8r1058
05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
flips and stuff like that are not parkour. That's free running. Parkour is getting from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible. Free running is just running around jumping and flipping off stuff. Me and some friends have been wanting to get into free running/parkour but since we just started we suck bad. The awesome thing about it is that no matter how much you suck, it's still incredibly fun.

cptn craig
05-10-2009, 10:20 PM
there is no difference, like seriously there isnt a difference

almostsk8r1058
05-10-2009, 10:24 PM
there is no difference, like seriously there isnt a difference

between parkour and free running? Yes there is. I just said it. Just because people going around doing flips and calling it parkour doesn't mean it is. In free running there usually isn't a destination;you just run around and flip and have fun. In parkour you have to get from point A to point B as quickly, efficiently, and creatively as possible.

cptn craig
05-10-2009, 10:27 PM
but its just categorising, its pretty much the same thing.

if there were parkour olympics and some done a flip they wouldnt be disqualified

Azzam
05-11-2009, 02:31 AM
between parkour and free running? Yes there is. I just said it. Just because people going around doing flips and calling it parkour doesn't mean it is. In free running there usually isn't a destination;you just run around and flip and have fun. In parkour you have to get from point A to point B as quickly, efficiently, and creatively as possible.

free running= neck-breaking sport
parkour= the real deal

phlap
05-12-2009, 12:35 PM

You could say the same thing about skateboarding. Parkour could be a hillbomb for instance & Freerunning could be Freestyle.

Azzam
05-15-2009, 05:27 AM
You could say the same thing about skateboarding. Parkour could be a hillbomb for instance & Freerunning could be Freestyle.

ah...:icon_bigg
nice analog

Dannzzeeyy
05-15-2009, 06:05 AM
me and my friend are debating over the pronunciation of it
when you do it do you put on a hardcore french accent for the our
Parkouear

cptn craig
05-15-2009, 08:31 AM
well i suppose a french accent is needed since its a french word ha :P

but its "-ooooor" at the end, not our/ow-er?

Azzam
05-18-2009, 01:25 AM
i call it 'parker' haha..

kk360
05-19-2009, 12:58 PM
It's easy to say for me lol.

Lukeaxx
07-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Flips and Tricks are not a part of Parkour...

Parkour is the idea of using innovation and creativity to find the fastest way to conquer your environment, or get from point A to B. It focuses alot of physical training, and most Parkour practitioners are so unbelievably fit. David Belle is the founder of Parkour, at least he gave it the name.

Freerunning however is Parkour, but with a bigger focus on creativity and they sacrifice the efficient movement aspect in order to use creativity alot more. This is where Flips and Tricks come in, because they are the height of creative movement.... This is about aesthetically pleasing movements rather than fast efficient movements.

Tricking is doing the tricks flatland, without using obstacles. Therefore just completely diminishing the Parkour aspect. Tricking is basically a mixture between Martial Arts, Gymnastics and Breakdancing, and by combining the three create a VERY aesthetically pleasing art.

----

Sorry its just a pet peeve of mine the difference between the three disciplines :) I have been training in Parkour and Freerunning (Mainly Parkour) for years now, more so that skateboarding. I go to events and have even received instruction from Sebastian Foucan (Highly regarded as one of the creators of freerunning).

And i'm going again in august ! ^_^ (squeels like a little girl)

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC9i-m1A_C4 -- Parkouur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmk1BwnHw0Q -- Freerunning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBGfjrTTfo -- Tricking

Azzam
07-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry its just a pet peeve of mine the difference between the three disciplines :) I have been training in Parkour and Freerunning (Mainly Parkour) for years now, more so that skateboarding. I go to events and have even received instruction from Sebastian Foucan (Highly regarded as one of the creators of freerunning).

And i'm going again in august ! ^_^ (squeels like a little girl)

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC9i-m1A_C4 -- Parkouur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmk1BwnHw0Q -- Freerunning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBGfjrTTfo -- Tricking

wow your body must be very strong...

RockenPunk
05-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Couldn't someone get from point a to point b while doing flips?