PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a skatepark near monroe or charlotte..

riot
05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
hey there guys..
i'm new to this forum.. about a year ago i moved to monroe, nc
and was wondering if there are any skate parks near here that have a vert ramp [12 1/2 or 13 1/2 ft].. i've been looking around a lot online with no luck...i dont mind driving a couple of hours if it has a good vert.

also.. what are the closest skateparks to here [even if they dont have a vert.. just so i can skate a few times per week]

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

MattxLustt
05-08-2009, 06:45 PM
definitely come to "The Mega Skate Plaza", or known to locals as "Duh!"
We have a 12 foot QP, and plenty of well flowing transition.
And we have a mini pipe.

zeroordie13452
05-10-2009, 03:50 PM
there is a skatepark with a few quarter pipes but its mostly for street, and its in fort mill. theres also the waxhaw skatepark that has a 6 ft halfpipe, bowl, and a few quarter pipes

riot
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
thanks guys - i'm going to check those out

i wasnt able to find the address or website for the waxhaw skatepark.. can you help me out with that mate?

thanks again

trm4583
05-14-2009, 10:18 AM
What's up riot. I also live in Monroe. There used to be a couple private vert ramps in the area but they got torn down a while back. Greyson skatepark in Charlotte has a nice big bowl that you would probably like. I think it's 9-10 feet tall. I also know of a private bowl that's skateable about once a month with the owner's permission. PM me if you want to know more. Don't waste your time with the Mega Skate Plaza in Fayetteville if all you are looking for is vert. That quarter pipe is more like a wall ride than your traditional vert tranny. The waxhaw skatepark is great for cruising and going really fast but nothing there is even close to vert. Everything is 4 feet and under due to city restrictions when it was built. Check it out though. If you take HWY 75 from downtown Monroe all the way to Waxhaw and make the first left in dowtown Waxhaw after the only stoplight the park will be one block on your right.

BigDogSkater
05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
theres wxw sk8 (waxhaw skatepark) maybe 20 min away from indian trail (where i live) and just 10 min from there there is one off of route 521 in indian land. just follow the railroad out of waxhaw. TimeForPlanB and i have hit up 521 a few times and been to wxw as well. i think indianland is better. more flat ground and a tennis court (im a freestyler) wxw is all concrete and has some vert. bad thing about il park is that it has nothing but a wedys in walking distance and even that is like 15-20 min walking/riding. there are a lot of great riders that go to il but very few that hit up wxw. come check it out bro.