PDA

View Full Version : Mega Plaza is back open!

MattxLustt
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
The guy who owns the actual building the park was in decided to re-open it. Smart move on his part, I'd say. After the whole not getting the rent, why not make that money back in no time at all?

Shorty's_Kid
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Hell yeah. Me and some friends will probably make a trip down there sometime in the coming months.

MattxLustt
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
=P. You best tell me when, homegirl!

TimeForPlanB
01-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I might have to check it out this summer if i get a car.

MattxLustt
01-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Trust me, it's worth it. The world cup of street skating was modeled after our park, almost measurement for measurement. placement was a little different, though, since they can't make elevated platforms to create the awesome flow we've got.

HighVoltageSk8r
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
what about the backtaxes?

MattxLustt
01-06-2010, 08:29 PM
It was actually a year's worth of unpaid rent. I made another thread about that. It definitely was not the backtaxes, that was to make them look better.

trm4583
01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
The guy who owns the actual building the park was in decided to re-open it. Smart move on his part, I'd say. After the whole not getting the rent, why not make that money back in no time at all?

Are you aware that private skateparks make about no profit at all? If they did the guy would have surely paid his rent for the year. Most are lucky just to break even.

MattxLustt
01-12-2010, 04:38 PM
they made profit. 12 dollars for a 3 hour session? you can't tell me they didn't. they made enough money to be getting ready to put a concrete bowl in..buy new boards and clothes..etc. etc. They were constantly renovating. Perhaps they didn't think their finances through quite enough.

trm4583
01-19-2010, 11:04 PM
they made profit. 12 dollars for a 3 hour session? you can't tell me they didn't. they made enough money to be getting ready to put a concrete bowl in..buy new boards and clothes..etc. etc. They were constantly renovating. Perhaps they didn't think their finances through quite enough.

Obviously you do not quite understand the definition of profit. Profit is the amount of money left over after all expenses have been paid. Most businesses have monthly profit and loss statements because bills are paid monthly. Let me say that I have skated this park and it was awesome so I am not disputing that. Just because you think $12 for 3 hours of skating is a steep price does not mean that made them profit. I can for a fact tell you they did not make profit because they did not pay their rent which resulted in closing the doors. Whether they wasted their money away on such expenses as a concrete bowl, boards, clothes, and constant renovation does not matter. These are all considered expenses in the business world. Those expenses plus the cost of rent added up to more money going out of the business than the money coming into the business which is why the business closed. When a business has more money going out than coming in that is defined as a loss which is the opposite of profit.

Jaames
01-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Man here i was thinking it was the backtaxes. Guess i was wrong all along.

Happy for you that its open again.

MattxLustt
01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Obviously you do not quite understand the definition of profit. Profit is the amount of money left over after all expenses have been paid. Most businesses have monthly profit and loss statements because bills are paid monthly. Let me say that I have skated this park and it was awesome so I am not disputing that. Just because you think $12 for 3 hours of skating is a steep price does not mean that made them profit. I can for a fact tell you they did not make profit because they did not pay their rent which resulted in closing the doors. Whether they wasted their money away on such expenses as a concrete bowl, boards, clothes, and constant renovation does not matter. These are all considered expenses in the business world. Those expenses plus the cost of rent added up to more money going out of the business than the money coming into the business which is why the business closed. When a business has more money going out than coming in that is defined as a loss which is the opposite of profit.

You are 100% positive they made no profit. How do you know this? I think they did away with it. Not paying your rent is avoidable. You can make deals. They probably wasted it away on paychecks and the parties they had upstairs after hours.

Omeg
01-25-2010, 10:17 AM

hell yeah.

Shane
01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
when this is all over, MattxLustt and the Mega Plaza are gonna get an apartment together

MattxLustt
01-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I fail to see the humour in that.

panicsk8team
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
i herd it closed again but it was called double decker

Jaames
07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
i herd it closed again but it was called double decker

The taxes again?

panicsk8team
07-08-2010, 11:38 PM
probally

MattxLustt
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I love the mega skate plaza, and will recommend it, just as if I found a really good restaraunt. That's why someone recommends it..because it's good, and they enjoy it.
Shane doesn't seem to see that.

I'm not sure on the status of it now. Backtaxes was a story they put out to make them look more honest.

They ALWAYS had huge parties upstairs after hours, and I guarantee that's where most of their money went. They CHOSE not to pay the rent..the employees who sat around and basically just took your money to get in got paid in excess of $15 an hour, or so I've heard, because they were all good friends.

HighVoltageSk8r
07-12-2010, 02:16 AM
what about the backtaxes?

AlienWorkshop468
08-20-2010, 08:33 PM
wheres this park at?

SkateRiot
09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
How much is it to skate at this place? I'm heading to NC in a couple weeks

SkateRiot
10-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Are all the ramps and **** still in that building? Cuz I was thinkin of just breakin in if so... anyone down?

MattxLustt
09-05-2011, 06:55 PM
It's in Fayetteville, NC, downtown. Everything's still inside.

/thread Necromancy lvl. 87

Juan-ton
09-06-2011, 11:16 PM
im goin

NB3ent
09-08-2011, 10:25 PM
plazas sweet

Ricketts
09-18-2011, 09:43 PM
It's a sweet park, little bit of everything there.