Future of Humanity - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future of Humanity

Supreme Member

the next 2000 years we will be doing the same as we did the past 2000 years. i think at some point though in the next 2000 years we will end up with a post apolyptic world. if we manage to build up a big civilization again after that it will just continue rince repeat until we are gone.

if by what we did the past 2000 years you mean progressing at an amazing exponential rate, I agree. Look how fast technology is being invented. We keep coming up with new things faster and faster and faster. Don't remember exactly what it is, but I've heard a theory that eventually we're gonna hit the part of the exponential curve that pretty much goes straight up. That's when **** will start to get crazy.
    Boobies.

FuturePrimitive

Humanity will see the continual rise of tyranny and there will be less and less individual freedom. The disparity between the wealthy and the poor will only grow, and less and less people will control all of the money. We'll be lucky enough to not live long enough to see how awful it will become. Have a nice day.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

I smell cynicism. It's true though, that's the direction society is heading. However, nothing is forever, and that sort of society will inevitably crumble too. It has to.
    Boobies.

Kill your brain

Quote Originally Posted by Noj View Post
    Humanity will see the continual rise of tyranny and there will be less and less individual freedom. The disparity between the wealthy and the poor will only grow, and less and less people will control all of the money. We'll be lucky enough to not live long enough to see how awful it will become. Have a nice day.
    I agree. Sometime in the future it will reach critical mass with how things are going. Unless the same trend of "less thinking/more 'fun'" keeps going, in which case things will be pretty Orwellian.
    wubwub