Need help with a trick? I'm here!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with a trick? I'm here!

Cool Need help with a trick? I'm here!

I don't know if someone already made a thread for this but idk I'm just wanting to help right now sooo yea hahaha just fire away with problems you have with tricks and I will answer them the best I can. By the way I don't know EVERY trick so yea some tricks I can't help but most I can. Grinds are hard for me to do so don't expect the best advice for grinds from me. XD

How do you Plasma flip?

sorry man never heard of plasma flip. Ask something else hahaha I will try to find out how to do one soon for ya.

How do i bullflip?

I can tell you how to Plasma Spin
    Merging doublepost
    to bullflip
    1:Have your front foot in a nollie pressure flip (in the concave) and your back foot for how you would nollie heel.
    2: Pop the concave almost like a nollie impossible while having your back foot bring the board like a backwards heelflip. (Pull your back foot with you)
    3: When spinning your body your back foot should level the board while in air.
    4:Have your body spin with your shoulders a lined with the board so you dont under rotate or over rotate.
    5: When landing try not to lean too much forward or the board will slip under your feet and go shooting behind you and if you lean too far back you will just fall on your ass.
    Merging doublepost
    when doing the backwards heelflip thing it helps to almost to do like a backfoot heelflip or kickflip so the board flips 100%. Its a REALLY hard trick I reccomend learning Helli-pops (nollie 360s), nollie double heelflip, nollie lazer, and an impossible. :P also try watching someone do it in slow motion it helps
    Last edited by AndrewSkates; 07-29-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it was sarcasm -____-

Quote Originally Posted by Casper10 View Post
    it was sarcasm -____-
    oh lol well I told ya how to do one lol sooo yea hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSkates View Post
    I can tell you how to Plasma Spin
    Merging doublepost
    to bullflip
    1:Have your front foot in a nollie pressure flip (in the concave) and your back foot for how you would nollie heel.
    2: Pop the concave almost like a nollie impossible while having your back foot bring the board like a backwards heelflip. (Pull your back foot with you)
    3: When spinning your body your back foot should level the board while in air.
    4:Have your body spin with your shoulders a lined with the board so you dont under rotate or over rotate.
    5: When landing try not to lean too much forward or the board will slip under your feet and go shooting behind you and if you lean too far back you will just fall on your ass.
    Merging doublepost
    when doing the backwards heelflip thing it helps to almost to do like a backfoot heelflip or kickflip so the board flips 100%. Its a REALLY hard trick I reccomend learning Helli-pops (nollie 360s), nollie double heelflip, nollie lazer, and an impossible. :P also try watching someone do it in slow motion it helps
    If I land a bullflip i will be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by fanphoenix View Post
    If I land a bullflip i will be amazed.
    haha think positive then u will land one never think "oh I'm not gonna land it" if you do then you wont land it

Dude, everyone is here to help. No need to announce it, although I understand the enthusiasm to share tips about tricks you've figured out.

Nose slide. Whenever I try it I do a board

Last time I checked nobody's ever landed a bullflip.

Quote Originally Posted by Danananiel View Post

That count?

I used to do this when i started here. AND LOOK WHERE IT GOT ME. No where.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Danananiel View Post
    last time I checked people have just youtube it "Bullflip"
    Merging doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundmaniac View Post
    Nose slide. Whenever I try it I do a board
    This is a common problem but easy to fix well depends. All you need to do is go farther away from what your trying to slide then dont lean so much to the point you and the board move making you do a really weird boardslide. So really just ollie and shift your shoulders 180 and move out a little more.
    Merging doublepost
    I'm just doin this cuz I like to help and all. I dont want to be doing anything against the rules but then again I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not trying to get more posts or anything I just wanna help people learn tricks.
    Last edited by AndrewSkates; 08-03-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Staff

How do I brake at high speeds? I'm serious. I just jump off and cry and chase my board when I need to stop or slow down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    How do I brake at high speeds? I'm serious. I just jump off and cry and chase my board when I need to stop or slow down.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    depends multiple ways. I will just list all the ones I know.
    1: Put your back foot down on the ground or by skidding it on the ground so you slowly lose speed.
    2: Ride into the grass
    3: Jump off
    4: Keep pushing but slowly drag your foot so you lose speed.
    5: Do reverts or powerslides (wear gloves if your going to power slide or it kills your hands)
    6: Carve down the street so you don't get speed wobbles (this doesn't slow you down but lets you have more control of your board).
    7: Stop with the tail of your board. I highly don't recommend this because this destroys your tail.

My murder flip keeps landing wheels up! how can i get that last half a rotation? i think my footing my be a little off, but no one around where i live can do it, so learning on my own on this one.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSkates View Post
    depends multiple ways. I will just list all the ones I know.
    1: Put your back foot down on the ground or by skidding it on the ground so you slowly lose speed.
    2: Ride into the grass
    3: Jump off
    4: Keep pushing but slowly drag your foot so you lose speed.
    5: Do reverts or powerslides (wear gloves if your going to power slide or it kills your hands)
    6: Carve down the street so you don't get speed wobbles (this doesn't slow you down but lets you have more control of your board).
    7: Stop with the tail of your board. I highly don't recommend this because this destroys your tail.
    I do 3, 4, and 6 but 4 kills my knee when I'm going seriously fast and I get speed wobbles when I take one of my feet off to try and slow me down. I can't do slides all that well. I've been practicing them at lower speeds to get the feel, but, when I get up to a decent speed it feels like my wheels are glued to the floor haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    I do 3, 4, and 6 but 4 kills my knee when I'm going seriously fast and I get speed wobbles when I take one of my feet off to try and slow me down. I can't do slides all that well. I've been practicing them at lower speeds to get the feel, but, when I get up to a decent speed it feels like my wheels are glued to the floor haha.
    Just a thought - crouch, grab the board with one hand, then put the foot off. That might make it easier to balance while slowing down.