Post Your Gear Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Gear Thread

Default Post Your Gear Thread

Post whatever gear you have. Guitars, amps, keyboards, synthesizers, electric triangles. Whatever haha

Here's my Squier Strat

Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms
    DiMarizio DP415 in the neck
    Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge
    HSS White Pearloid Pickguard
    Chrome knobs
    I removed the Squier logo on the headstock and replaced it with a Fender logo and then gave the headstock and neck a little wood stain to darken the wood.

Here's my OLP (Ernie Ball copy) Music Man Stingray Bass

Ernie Ball Slinky Strings

I'll get some pictures of my other crap.
    Hopefully this thread doesn't die too fast.

Retired Staff

You've made me depressed reminiscing about all the guitar and studio equipment I've had to sell in recent years just to make rent. All I have left is a knock off strat and a takamine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Haha Donovan. I guess that's the best thing about being the youngest and having 2 older brothers. The strat and bass were both given to me in crappy condition then I just fixed them up.

Retired Staff

They look pretty sweet man. I am the oldest bro so I get no hand me downs haha. I bought broken guits iff of eBay and fixed them up and resold them for awhile to make some extra cash. That **** was always fun. I got a schecter hellraiser that had a broken neck. I glued it up and clamped it, filled in any cracks that had missing pieces and stained it to match the wood. I replaced the knobs with abalone inlaid ones... Looked sexy as ****.

I'm looking to get a squire tele one day cuz I don't have the bucks to afford the fender. The cool things about squires is that the quality control is absolute crap. Some are way above average and others are absolute ****. You can usually swap the pickups and recrown the frets and it's lovely. The neck may not feel as sweet but it'll sound nice an you won't slice fingers on the protruding frets!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Full-gloss, 2002 Gibson SG Special.

Thats all I've got right now (besides a cab and practice amp.)

I am saving for a Splawn Nitro amp head right now, and thats $2000. Its going to be awhile until I manage to buy that. Luckily, I already have a cab for it, but it would be quite pointless to post a picture of my cab since it doesn't have a head.

I have no plans on changing my signature image.

Retired Staff

I got this little battery operated practice amp thing on eBay and you can hook it to a cab. It's surprisingly loud and has a neat tone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I have a fender stratocaster american classic, I also have a marshall halfstack, and a casio lk-90 keyboard.

Im too tired to try and dig through a few photobucket accounts to find these pictures so

My Grass Root "Nightmare" signature model guitar I mostly play and record this guitar.

BODY : Alder
    NECK : Hard Maple 3P
    FINGERBOARD : Rosewood, 24frets w/White Binding
    SCALE : 648mm (Long)
    NUT : Lock nut (42mm)
    JOINT : Set-neck
    BRIDGE : Floyd Rose Licensed
    PICKUP : (Front) GS-1G, (Rear) GH-1G
    CONTROL : Master Volume, Toggle PU Selector
    Coil Split Switch
    COLOR : Black

ESP Arrow

ESP Random Star Koi Fish finish

I also have a Les guitar and I have 2 guitars Ive built.
    เจ้าชายแห่งประเทศไทย

^ESP Arrows are awesome. You are lucky you live in Japan, ESP USA didn't give us the arrow.

Gravity Slave Moderator

1956 Jose Ramirez Spanish Guitar-purchased from his store in Madrid

1977 Slingerland Chrome over Maple-I am the original owner of this kit

Squire 51 Nocaster

Washburn XB120

Also got a Fender DG8 and a fake Fender Precision Bass-w Fender label haha, amps, and misc PA gear, keyboards, etc... But, nothing brings more joy than the Ramirez that belonged to my father. In a pinch I'd sell that last of all.

^That classical is BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLL. I want it :-( im really bored so im gonna take pictures and everything.
    Merging doublepost

My Epiphone SG. Nothing too special. I play this one least out of all my guitars, but its still fun to play once in a while. When i took it out of the case to take a picture of it, that was probably the first time its seen light in a week or two. Strangely this is my only guitar that does not have a name :3

My Epiphone Wildkat. Her name is Stella. Got it for my birthday this year used and could not be more pleased with the purchase. Plays like a dream for a $600 semi hollowbody. Real P90s on it too so it has a real Les Paul type feel for a guitar i use mainly for jazz.

My Ovation Celebrity acoustic/electirc. His name is Martin after my friend who passed away more than a year ago. I don't play him nearly as much as I used to but it still has a pretty good sound. It doesn't resonate very much mostly because of its plastic bowl but i still enjoy it every so often.

My latest acquisition, a vintage Conn classical named Carl. I got it for free from a friend of our family who gave it to me after i asked why it had been sitting in their house for years with no strings. They told me they got it at a garage sale about 25 years ago and had never done anything with it. So i got it fixed up and it is amazing. Over the course of the day it rarely leaves my hands. I had always wanted a classical and it has such a nice sound. I love it. I only wish it had a cutaway so i could play higher up on the neck

My crappy 15 watt Crate amp. They threw it in for free when i bought my SG whenever that was. It actually works just fine but i often wish i had something with more power for some reason even though it can get pretty loud if i wanted it to.

My Digitech RP90 multi-effects pedal. Awesome little thing. Built in drum machine and 100 preset effects with a bunch of space for programming your own even though i dont.

Well that was fun. I hope someone actually reads that haha
    Last edited by heartagram695; 08-09-2010 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ‎"If you feel like pattin' your feet, pat your feet. And if you feel like clappin' your hands, clap your hands.
    If you feel like takin' off your shoes, take off your shoes. We are here to have a ball.
    So we want you to leave your worldly troubles outside, and come in here and swing."
    Art Blakey

Quote Originally Posted by Volcomsk8 View Post
    Hmmm...

ska.

Quote Originally Posted by heartagram695 View Post
    Well that was fun. I hope someone actually reads that haha
    I read it. Wheres my reward?

Retired Staff

Here's the only nice instrument I have left, my Takamine:

I went to snap a pic of it and me and my bro started jamming. The highlight was The Trooper with him on the recorder flute thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

^OOOOOOOOOOOOO thats pretty. Did you have that art done custom or is that part of that model?
    ‎"If you feel like pattin' your feet, pat your feet. And if you feel like clappin' your hands, clap your hands.
    If you feel like takin' off your shoes, take off your shoes. We are here to have a ball.
    So we want you to leave your worldly troubles outside, and come in here and swing."
    Art Blakey

Hmmm...

ska.

Gravity Slave Moderator

^^ That one's pretty cool. i like the strap too.

Well besides my computer(it gets moved a lot so it isn't pictured here), my studio has:
    KRK rokit-5 pair
    Mackie sr24-4 vlz pro
    Samson q series drum mics
    Mxl 990(overheads)/991 pairs(close mic'ing hats/ride)
    Pearl icon 3-sided drum rack(pc-50 and pc-10 clamps)
    Mapex pro m(11pc) scarlet fade
    Zildjian A series crashes; A custom ride/hats/splash
    Aquarian texture coated/superkickII/regulator drumheads
    Custom designed 'cairo' snare
    Audimute soundtreatment
    Zoom h4n recorder/interface/controller
    Horizon/Whirlwind cables
    12 input surge protected power strip
    Fold out tables for my mixing desk(cheap but lighter and easier to move)

Accessories:
    Remo Muffls(lifesavers for ringy drums)
    LP mic claws
    Kelly SHU kick mic suspension system
    Yamaha Subkick
    Kickport
    Drumdial

Here's some pics

Baker deck
    Krux trucks
    Lucky bearings
    Zero wheels
    BlackMagic grip
    Shorty's hardware
    Etnies shoes

Retired Staff

^OOOOOOOOOOOOO thats pretty. Did you have that art done custom or is that part of that model?
    It's an abalone inlay that comes with those particular models. There were different designs, but, that one spoke to me. I also enjoyed the fact some small sea-faring creature had to die to decorate my acoustic. I've always wanted a Takamine so I'm quite happy I have it.

I think the next acoustic i get will be a takamine. Ive heard such good things about them. I did see someone selling a used 1969 Gibson LGO on craigslist today for $550. If someone handed me $550 right now i would buy it no question.
    Art Blakey

Hmmm...

ska.

Gravity Slave Moderator

^^^Meaty!

Oh and speaking of "custom", someone was going to do this sooner or later. It might as well be me haha

Retired Staff

I think the next acoustic i get will be a takamine. Ive heard such good things about them. I did see someone selling a used 1969 Gibson LGO on craigslist today for $550. If someone handed me $550 right now i would buy it no question.
    That is a damn good find. I'd turn around and sell it on ebay for more than that though haha. Takamine makes some of the best damn acoustics out there. Once you get one, you will not regret it. The tones are just so full and warm. Love it.