the football(soccer) thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the football(soccer) thread

portsmouth fan here =) just got new owners, we may actualy have more then 9 players hopefully by the start of next season lol

It will be intresting to see who Liverpool will birng in in the summer transfere window, few big names rumored to be goin there

speaking of transfers, i wonder who man city are targeting what with now qualified for champions leagues..
    My Artwork: www.stevieart.net

Gravity Slave Moderator

England VS Switzerland for EURO 2012 just started.

Wrong way:

Right way!

Cheers!

Poor Joe hart...
    Check out my channel SMBH:

Gravity Slave Moderator

No Call in the penalty area there on the opening drive

I feel so lame, i havent been keeping up with it at all.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by laughmaniac123 View Post
    I feel so lame, i havent been keeping up with it at all.
    Meh, I only get excited about it when it gets close to Champions League finals and during the actual World Cup 16 and on. I don't follow MSL at all, but I'll stop flicking through the channels if I see a Liverpool or England NT match going on. I played a lot up in to my late 20s and was a super hard core NASL fan back in the late 70s and early 80s. So, the love of the game runs deep, but life gets in the way a lot these days.

Besides, I tune in to most other sports too when the playoffs get interesting. It's pretty impossible to stay totally up to date on every sport I enjoy all season long so I bounce from sport to sport as playoffs and championships come and go.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Now Spain's tossin' a beatin' on USA as expected..

4-0 i heard. Damn. I love torres, but not as much as i love donovan.

DJyoyoLilDyls

USA got crushed. Hopefully they do better in the Gold Cup.

Gravity Slave Moderator

USA Versus Mexico tomorrow for the Gold Cup North/Central America Championship. Mexico's looking pretty good. I'd like to see Freddie Ado have a good game as well, time for Landon D to pass the torch..

Gravity Slave Moderator

Japan stunned Germany then USA beats Brasil. Woot woot!

Hey, I found someone that sells old (remakes) NASL jerseys. I just ordered a Minnesota Kicks kit. They were my first beloved home team back in the late 70s.

Yeah the brazil game was sick.

Big Liverpool fan here - disappointing opening result but lots of new players coming in so need a bit of time. Some promising signs of how the King wants us playing though, the first half was great!

Hoping with Arsenal losing players to transfers/injuries/suspensions we really take it to them this weekend.

Nice to see some football banter on a skate forum!

My team is inter. Although I sport my Blanco Mexico jersey all the time.
    How many people actually play here besides me?

Gravity Slave Moderator

England is one of my favorite teams in world play but I just remembered why I HATE FK'N ROONEY!!!!!!!!! What a worthless goon!

Rooney suspended for three England matches
    Published: Thursday 13 October 2011, 18.24CET
    England striker Wayne Rooney has received a three-match ban from UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body following his sending-off in the Group G qualifier against Montenegro.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfir...d=1696178.html

Boss

I remember when my father In Law asked me to go to the bar with him and his friends which there all British. It was Chelsea vs USA. I was like yeeeeee ok haha.
    Usa ended up winning lol.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jay View Post
    I remember when my father In Law asked me to go to the bar with him and his friends which there all British. It was Chelsea vs USA. I was like yeeeeee ok haha.
    Usa ended up winning lol.
    Chelsea vs USA? I've never seen a domestic team play an international before... are you sure that's right?

I went to my first Chicago Fire game this year. Although it's the MLS and we suck this year, I enjoyed it. I usually wasn't ever a soccer fan, but I gotta say, FIFA 12 got me into it. Definitely will be going to more matches next season and just being more involved with watching soccer in general.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by -Adz- View Post
    Chelsea vs USA? I've never seen a domestic team play an international before... are you sure that's right?
    Dude, you missed it. Several of the Primiere League and La Liga teams toured the US playing friendly's this summer.

List Of International Soccer Friendlies This Summer

by David on March 23, 2011
    93Share

Once again the U.S. and Canada is the post-season and pre-season destination of choice for the top European and South American teams. We will keep this list updated as some of the games below have not been officially announced.

July 2011
    July 12: San Jose Earthquakes v West Brom – Buy San Jose Earthquakes v West Brom Tickets
    July 13: New England Revolution v Manchester United -Buy New England Revolution v Man United Tickets
    July 16: Manchester City v Club America in San Francisco – Buy Man City v Club America Tickets
    July 16: LA Galaxy v Real Madrid – Buy LA Galaxy v Real Madrid Tickets
    July 18: Vancouver Whitecaps v Manchester City
    July 20: Real Madrid v Chivas Guadalajara in San Diego – Buy Real Madrid v Chivas Tickets
    July 20: Portland Timbers v West Brom – Buy Portland Timbers v West Brom Tickets
    July 20: Houston Dynamo v Bolton Wanderers
    July 20: Philadelphia Union v Everton – Buy Union v Everton Tickets
    July 20: Seattle Sounders v Man United - Buy Seattle Sounders v Manchester United Tickets
    July 20: Sporting Kansas City v Newcastle United – Buy Sporting Kansas v Newcastle United Tickets
    July 23: D.C. United v Everton – Buy DC United v Everton Tickets
    July 23: Chicago Fire v Manchester United - Buy Chicago Fire v Manchester United Tickets
    July 23: Juventus v Sporting Lisbon in Toronto – Buy Juventus v Sporting Lisbon Tickets
    July 23: Philadelphia Union v Real Madrid – Buy Union v Real Madrid Tickets
    July 24: LA Galaxy v Manchester City - Buy LA Galaxy v Manchester City Tickets
    July 26: Columbus Crew v Newcastle United – Buy Columbus Crew V Newcastle United Tickets
    July 26: Juventus v Club America at Citi Field NY – Buy Juventus v Club America Tickets
    July 27: MLS All-Stars v Manchester United at Red Bull Arena NJ – Buy MLS All-Stars v Man United Tickets
    July 30: Barcelona v Manchester United in Washington D.C. – Buy Barcelona v Manchester United Tickets

August 2011
    August 3: Barcelona v Chivas Guadalajara in Miami, FL – Buy Barcelona v Chivas Guadalajara Tickets
    August 6: Barcelona v Club America in Dallas TX. – Buy Barcelona v Club America Tickets
    http://www.soccerticketsonline.com/l...s-this-summer/
    Last edited by NoSwitch; 11-15-2011 at 08:50 AM.

:)

Dude, you missed it. Several of the Primiere League and La Liga teams toured the US playing friendly's this summer.
    I'd rather watch a good game

Also, none of those teams listed are international so I'm still confused. (Well I skim read the teams and didn't see any).