Blank Decks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blank Decks

Default Blank Decks

I was curious to find more information about BlankDecks.com and where they get there decks from. I heard from someone that the sturdy mold are Toy Machines. Trying to confirm what I have hear rumors about, I sent them an email... here as follows is the email...

I sent this...
    ------------------------------------------------
    To: customersupport@blankdecks.com
    Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:36 PM
    Subject: Blank Decks

Hi, I am doing some research on you're blank decks. I heard from someone a while back that some blank decks are made from the same company as pro decks. Do the decks on you're site come from the same pro distribution centers? If so... then what decks come from what pro distribution centers? Thank you for you're time.

They replied with this...
    We're not allowed to disclose that kind of information. Our decks are however pro quality proffesionally made decks. ;-)

Jared Rich
    Team Manager
    Blankdecks.com

So anyway, just thought I would post this up for people that are wondering about blank decks. Maybe ya'll know more than me
    If your skating and not having fun, then your not really skating at all. Let the fun motivate you to skate, not the tricks.

Nameless

id rather pay an extra 20-30$ for something i KNOW is gonna be good than take a gamble on blank decks. i know there are good ones out there but you can never be sure as to where they came from or why they were never printed.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

Trebor, I completely agree with you're statement. The extra money in my eyes is kind of like a insurgence policy.
    If your skating and not having fun, then your not really skating at all. Let the fun motivate you to skate, not the tricks.

Nameless

The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

I love it

Blank boards IMO are very boring . Also , they have a better chance of breaking since you dont know who made it , or what company .

**** blanks, those things are the worst. Sure, they may be a bit cheaper, but shop decks are cheaper as well. If you're on a budget, go support your local shop and buy one of their boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredTheGnar View Post
    that ****ing poptart cat

Quote Originally Posted by KnuX View Post
    **** blanks, those things are the worst. Sure, they may be a bit cheaper, but shop decks are cheaper as well. If you're on a budget, go support your local shop and buy one of their boards.
    Totally agree'd lol . Theres tons of choices , Element , Enjoi , Girl , Alien workshop , plan b , zero , and way more . Theres no point in blank boards . . .

Why don't any companies make decks that show any bare wood? At least incorporate it into a design.

i dont trust blankdecks.com but ill buy a blank deck with some sort of design on it at a shop.

Retired Staff

I've had good times with blanks. I guess I just get lucky? I don't so much street so that could be it. After shipping and all, most shop blanks come to around the same price and they usually don't use crap blanks cuz they want you to keep going to them. Some chain stores like vans have good sells from time to time. I got an almost impact deck for $40 at a vans shop. My local sells their crap cheap too. I just live in a blessed area I suppose.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I buy from blankdecks.com all the time, and their boards lasted me longer than both my plan b and my enjoi. F**k people that hate on blank decks, it's better than blowing $60 on an Element piece of s**t.

Retired Staff

Yup. $18 for a blank, $40 for a lap dance, then $2 to buy a towel to wipe away your self regret. I do it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    Yup. $18 for a blank, $40 for a lap dance, then $2 to buy a towel to wipe away your self regret. I do it a lot.
    Priceless...

Nameless

Quote Originally Posted by Danananiel View Post
    I buy from blankdecks.com all the time, and their boards lasted me longer than both my plan b and my enjoi. F**k people that hate on blank decks, it's better than blowing $60 on an Element piece of s**t.
    i dont mind spending upwards of 50$ on a deck that i know i'll have good times on. i can afford it and it makes me pretty happy. i see the price of skate stuff as a fair trade off for the fun it gives me.

You know you dont have to make me feel bad . What do you not like about it . Any real reason , huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by smallarask8er View Post
    You know you dont have to make me feel bad . What do you not like about it . Any real reason , huh ?
    About my pro decks?? They try to hard to make them thin and light, which makes them chip easy and last half the time.

About my pro decks?? They try to hard to make them thin and light, which makes them chip easy and last half the time.
    Man , ive had mine for 4 months (maybe 5 cant remember) and hasnt even chipped . Yeah theres scratches on the bottom and the tail is thinner than the middle and front , but its lasted me without and problems .

Nameless

i've skated dozens of pro decks and i've never chipped a board.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    i've skated dozens of pro decks and i've never chipped a board.
    For real .