Ancient Aliens - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Aliens

I saw this thing about OOPARTS (out of place artifacts) which said there was a type of battery found in Babylon and a few other things. But the more I read, the more I discovered it is a theory that creationalists use to undermine science. So I'm not sure I buy it.

Anyone who denies even the possibility of alien life existing in our universe is delusional and close-minded. There are libraries full of archaeological discrepancies and anyone who takes time to look at our history objectively will realize that a lot of ish was happening in antiquity that we have no idea about.

Pyramids? Not saying they were built by aliens but some sort of "alien" technology was used that is unfamiliar to our evolved minds and super-advanced methods of construction..

Or what about the Antikythera Mechanism? - A 2000 year old device with a degree of mechanical sophistication comparable to a 19th century Swiss clock? What other mechanical devices did they have when Jesus "acended"?

If aliens did visit earth where would they have come from? It would half to be light years away or we would have already made contact with them. Think about that if it was only one light year they would have die before they made it or ran out of fuel before they even came close to geting here. So i have a hard time believing this.

FuturePrimitive

These conspiracy theory shows are so entirely devoid of evidence it's hilarious. People are really smart, and geniuses have been born since the beginning of recorded history. Michaelangelo carved extremely realistic sculptures out of blocks of marble, which are seemingly impossibly lifelike. Just another overachieving genius. The Romans mastered the constructing of arches and had running water and plumbing because they were really bright. The Chinese had gas-powered lights a few hundred years BC, plumbing natural gas out of the earth with bamboo. The Egyptian pyramids were built with manpower, domesticated animal power, and leverage--because they were really intelligent, organized people.

There's no reason to insert some superhuman, extraterrestrial intelligence as an explanation. All you need is one freaky human brain which understands concepts most can't grasp.

A show like Ancient Aliens just makes me think of this old skit by Eric Idle...

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Daltman210 View Post
    If aliens did visit earth where would they have come from? It would half to be light years away or we would have already made contact with them. Think about that if it was only one light year they would have die before they made it or ran out of fuel before they even came close to geting here. So i have a hard time believing this.
    Lots of folks believe Einstein proved that time travel is possible.

Problem solved.

The evidence is there, but unfortunately it takes an objective point of view to notice clues and put pieces of the puzzle together (in the case of the pyramids this includes getting info from other sources than just Egyptology which asserts some very ridiculous claims that most people blatantly accept.)

I'll take the Great Pyramid of Giza as 1 example, one of the most amazing structures ever built on Earth. It is stated that it was completed by 2560BC and that construction took 22yrs. That means that each ridiculously heavy block was moved every 9 seconds. It's proven that we could not replicate the construction in the same amount of time. There are so many theories out there, the man-power/leverage theory is the most scientifically plausible, but if you start to entertain possibilities then other theories make more sense.

And I hear a lot of skeptics talk about aliens being so far away and they wouldn't bother coming here because it will take so long etc. Well I'm glad everyone is an expert in Ufology. Because if super-advanced beings secretly did value our resources I'm sure they would not advertise their existence. Or maybe they would? Ever look at how many UFO sightings happen every single day around the world? And not just reported by crazies, these are sightings by police, military, airports etc.

One idea to entertain the dynamic between us and them is that their minds exist on a slightly different physical reality to us. Just like a Cow will never understand the concepts of Algebra, but we can still interact with that Cow physically. We can even stick that cow in a room and farm it for milk, without it even knowing that we exist! If extra-terrestrials visit here, then they are using physical concepts that would seem magical or impossible to us... but they may be able to still interact physically with us without our knowledge.

We are smart, we have technology, and we can easily "trick" animals lower than us into doing almost anything we want. Yes there is no "scientific evidence" but remember that the scientific community is like a political institution. Leaders control what information gets released and it's naive to think that they would not have an agenda. As above, so below. Also it is nice to think that we are top of the food chain.

There are many claims that a lot of Einstein's work during the later part of his life was suppressed, which includes his work on a Unified Field Theory which would have contradicted his Theory of Relativity. Also remember that science is faith-based too, the difference is that our faith is based on what we perceive through our senses and how much this info can be correlated by others. Science is fluid, new discoveries are happening every day, and I will wager that a lot of scientific "truths" that we take for granted today will be disproven in the future.

Read some John Keel for objective research into the UFO phenonema.
    The evidence is there, but evidence is shaped by our beliefs and expectations.

FuturePrimitive

So what, time-traveling extraterrestrials found our tiny planet and came here to help Egyptians build pyramids, and thousands of years later to confound us with random sightings of their spacecrafts?

That's just silly. It's far more likely that people built the pyramids through ingenuity and tremendous effort. It's also far more likely that the unidentified flying objects people see are either terrestrial objects, or just people making up stories.

Count me among those who believe that although there likely are intelligent extraterrestrials, they're just too far away to matter.

Here's an illustration of the scale of the universe. All the stars visible to the naked eye in the night sky are only in our galaxy. Some of the stars we see in our night sky aren't even there any more. They burned out ages ago but the light they emitted is still arriving here. That's how big our galaxy is. The universe contains countless galaxies, all of which are speeding away from each other at an exponential rate.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Well the mystery still remains about why the Pyramids were even built at all?? All that exacting and unimaginable labor to create what? a tomb for a dead Pharoah? These guys were smart but what about their priorities?
    Interesting also that the great pyramids are aligned almost exactly to the directions of a compass (at a time when such tools were nonexistant) and more interestingly the 3 pyramids are aligned almost exactly with the 3 main stars of the constellation of Orion. (referenced in countless old texts and ancient myths). Now more pyramids have been discovered in South America with the exact same astronomical coordinates, and we also have no idea how these pyramids were made and what their purpose was for... but very similar references to the skies permeate through the stories and drawings of all these confusing ancient cultures.

What could be an unidentified terrestrial object? How many more credible sightings do we need for people to accept that something unexplained is continually happening (and studies prove is becoming more frequent). Crop circles are laughed at by some but the fact is that new ones are being discovered every month. Nobody knows who is making them, for what reason, how they are crafted so perfectly and how they are able to finish them in one night without ever being caught.

Most people are unwilling to question our reality. If our universe is so huge and incomprehensible, then why is our perception of it considered so objective? We look out into the stars and we don't even see what's actually there! We only see the light that's taken however many millions of years to reach our eyes. There could be a whole race of ETs waiting outside our galaxy and we wouldn't even know!

Yes this presupposes superluminal travel, but look at the size of the universe and how many galaxies and planets there are. If you believe that there is extraterrestrial life out there that has travelled in space, then you should believe that our planet has been discovered, visited and is considered extremely valuable.

People too often assume "aliens" would be even remotely similar to organic life on earth.

Think about this...

There is a possibility that an alien lifeform could be far more "intelligent" than humans, yet so vastly different, we will never be able to even communicate.

For example, imagine if humans could talk to a dolphin. Pretty easy to imagine someday, right? Dolphins are very intelligent creatures. Dolphins are fellow mammals. Dolphins share the same senses as humans. They have a verbal language. They can be trained to obey human verbal instructions. It's easy to imagine, with enough time and technology, we may be able to communicate with dolphins sometime in the next few centuries, if not the next few decades.

Now, what about an earthworm? An earthworm has no ears, no eyes, no nose. Their brains and nervous systems are nothing like a human being. In 10,000 years, will we be able to communicate with earthworms? I doubt it. Humans and earthworms are so vastly different, not even sharing the same sensory perception of life, that we would never be able to talk to them. They most likely don't even know humans exist! They are simply too primitive and far removed from us to understand our existence. They are truly an "alien" species. Plus, humans and earthworms evolved ON THE SAME PLANET.

Now, imagine an alien species from another planet with a totally different evolutionary tract. We could be as different from outerspace aliens as earthworms are different from us. Just because aliens are vastly more "intelligent" doesn't mean we will necessarily know they are here or that they would even have the knowledge to communicate with us at all.

FuturePrimitive

Crop circles? LMFAO

"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." - Carl Sagan

I suggest a little more time studying reputable science and a little less time listening to crackpots like this guy:

Or maybe people should study everything objectively and make up their own minds, not just reputable sciences which sometimes make ridiculous claims in the name of wrapping up everything in a neat little digestible package. I love how people discard a whole teaching due to the fact it's not accepted by the mainstream, at times without even doing their own research! This is the definition of sheep behavior and ignorance.

Science is fluid, accept the possibility that believing a true fact today doesn't mean that it will always be the case. Look at reputable sciences 100yrs ago. Now look at mysteries thousands of years ago that are so easily dismissed.

Kill your brain

Quote Originally Posted by Noj View Post
    Crop circles? LMFAO

"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." - Carl Sagan

I suggest a little more time studying reputable science and a little less time listening to crackpots like this guy:
    looks like he's just gotten back from wandering around the desert on peyote.
    wubwub

Quote Originally Posted by Noj View Post
    I swear it was this big!

Gravity Slave Moderator

I suspect the aliens are using his hair dryer to make the crop circles

Quote Originally Posted by phlap View Post
    I swear it was this big!

LMAO

yo i saw the same documentary on the history channel. Deep stuff for sure.

I believe that there is life on other planets, but the people who believe that aliens have traveled hundreds of lightyears through space and visited Earth are complete whackos. I haven't seen the slightest bit of evidence for aliens visiting Earth.

Supreme Member

was watching the "season 1 ancient aliens". they kept repeating that there has to be life on other planets. no **** i say. of course there's life on other planets. it's not something you "believe in".

Scrubs Nerd

I bet we have aliens on this planet, they're all kryptonians though, so we don't realize it.

As far as alien existence goes, no doubt. But, I don't really have a prepared opinion on whether or not aliens have visited earth. But each theory can be retorted. For example....

"If aliens did come to earth, they wouldn't be able to live from the same necessary elements of life on earth"

Retorted.

"If aliens had the technology to get here, they could very well prepare to survive while on earth"

If things from another planet/galaxy have been here, I'd like to thank them for ****ing up/helping out humanity. We'll never know which one.