Ancient Aliens - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Aliens

I know this is off topic, but I am beginning to question the NASA moon landing.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RIP_BOB_GNARLEY View Post
    I know this is off topic, but I am beginning to question the NASA moon landing.
    Which one? I'd be more skeptical if some of the astronauts and engineers started whistle-blowing or if several died of mysterious causes. My father was pretty good friends with Buzz. He's got some pretty serious cash flow problems currently and could make a lot of money should he decide to out NASA for fraud in a tell all book. So, why hasn't anybody that was supposedly involved (thousands and thousands of folks) come forward?

I'm assuming by moon landing, you mean Apollo 11. I'm very adamant in that Neil and Buzz never stepped a foot on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    So, why hasn't anybody that was supposedly involved (thousands and thousands of folks) come forward?
    -Theodore Freeman (killed ejecting from T-38 which had suffered a bird strike, October 1964)
    -Elliot See and Charlie Bassett (T-38 crash in bad weather, February 1966)
    Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom, Edward Higgins "Ed" White, and Roger B. Chaffee (Apollo 1 fire, January 1967)
    -Edward "Ed" Givens (car accident, June 1967)
    -Clifton "C. C." Williams (killed ejecting from T-38, October 1967)
    -Michael J. "Mike" Adams (X-15 crash, November 1967. The only pilot killed during the X-15 flight test program. He was a test-pilot, not a NASA astronaut, but had flown the X-15 above 50 miles)
    -Robert Henry Lawrence, Jr. (F-104 crash, December 1967, shortly after being selected as a pilot with the Air Force's (later canceled) Manned Orbiting Laboratory program.
    -NASA worker Thomas Ronald Baron (automobile collision with train, April 1967, shortly after making accusations[clarification needed] before Congress about the cause of the Apollo 1 fire, after which he was fired). Ruled as suicide. Baron was a quality control inspector who wrote a report critical of the Apollo program and was an outspoken critic after the Apollo 1 fire. Baron and his family were killed as their car was struck by a train at a train crossing.
    -Brian D. Welch, a leading official in NASA's Public Affairs Office and Director of Media Services, died a few months after appearing in the media to debunk the Fox pro-Moon hoax television show cited above.[4] His obituary claims he died of a heart attack at the relatively young age of 42. <http://www.space.com/news/spaceagencies/welch_obit_001127.html> Conspiracy theorists find his age at death suspiciously young and would note that heart attacks can be induced, for example, through the stress of torture or through ingestion of certain chemicals.
    ^All mysterious deaths around the time of apollo 11.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GNAR View Post
    I'm assuming by moon landing, you mean Apollo 11. I'm very adamant in that Neil and Buzz never stepped a foot on the moon.

^All mysterious deaths around the time of apollo 11.
    Got anybody that was actually a significant part of Apollo 11-16, astronauts or engineers? Those all look like disgruntled folks that didn't get to play the Apollo Moon Mission reindeer games.

I agree that there is no actual drop dead proof that the landings occurred as they claim. But, there are still far too many that could really blow any myth or conspiracy open that are still sticking to the official story for me to have serious doubts.

It also seems odd that some of the folks that claim to have gone in to space also claim to have witnessed UFOs on the missions. But, no ex astronauts have ever purported that it was all just an elaborate PR event. Even the Russians, who had very much to gain at that time in history, didn't contest the validity of it.
    Last edited by NoSwitch; 01-18-2011 at 01:24 PM.

FuturePrimitive

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Even the Russians, who had very much to gain at that time in history, didn't contest the validity of it.
    How would they have? Americans would have shat a brick even if they only had one or two pictures from the trip. Let alone video "evidence". Russians were no different. No one could have expected that they edited the video since basically no one knew that editing could be done. Few people even owned video cameras with the ability to manipulate video after recording.

Which one? I'd be more skeptical if some of the astronauts and engineers started whistle-blowing or if several died of mysterious causes. My father was pretty good friends with Buzz. He's got some pretty serious cash flow problems currently and could make a lot of money should he decide to out NASA for fraud in a tell all book. So, why hasn't anybody that was supposedly involved (thousands and thousands of folks) come forward?
    Yes, I am refering to Apollo 11. I believe that the moon landing msot likely happened for the sole fact that noone inside NASA at the time has came out and said it was a hoax, but I am still sceptical. I find it good to be skeptical about everything.

It is hard to believe that in 1969 we had the technology to fly people to the moon and back successfuly. That is the only reason I question it. Most of the evidence put forward for the moon landing beeing a hoax seems to be nothing but rubbish to me, but some of the photos do seem a bit suspicious.

Also, it was in the middle of the Cold War. I would expect our government to want to do anything to piss the Soviets off, even if it meant lieing to the entire world.

Also, it was in the middle of the Cold War. I would expect our government to want to do anything to piss the Soviets off, even if it meant lieing to the entire world.
    Not only to piss of the Soviets. But also to A. Distract America from the Cold War and, B. To up morale within the US Military and in everyday citizens.

Gravity Slave Moderator

It is hard to believe that in 1969 we had the technology to fly people to the moon and back successfuly. That is the only reason I question it. Most of the evidence put forward for the moon landing being a hoax seems to be nothing but rubbish to me, but some of the photos do seem a bit suspicious.

I also find it hard to believe that the computing power of less than a gig could have done the job. But, back then math and science skills of the average folks were much stronger than they are now. They could do calculations on a sliderule faster than most can do them in excel today (starting from scratch, not just refreshing a worksheet with some new data).

Quote Originally Posted by GNAR View Post
    Not only to piss of the Soviets. But also to A. Distract America from the Cold War and, B. To up morale within the US Military and in everyday citizens.
    Honestly, I take great pleasure when government or corporate fraud is blown wide open. I really love conspiracy theories. We need them to keep the PTB somewhat honest with us. A big part of me would love to find out that all the moon landings were indeed a hoax. But, I have yet to see or hear anything yet that makes me really question it seriously. Like I said, if some of the thousands of people still alive that claim to have been a big part of those missions spilled some beans I would believe them. Like I say, some of them claim to have seen UFOs at the time-not part of the official story at all- but none of them say it didn't really happen at all.

Default Apollo 14 Astronaut claims aliens visit earth

(22nd July 2008) There was a radio interview with Dr Edgar Mitchell, ex-NASA Apollo 14 astronaut and the 6th person to walk on the moon. The interview was conducted on Kerrang Radio, a mainstream rock radio station in the UK. The interviewer wanted to get a NASA astronaut on the show to talk about the moon landings. The producers managed to get hold of Edgar Mitchell but the interview took an unexpected turn.

Jokingly the host asked him about aliens (the hosted later confessed he had been a sceptic about such issues). Mitchell stated quite matter of factly that aliens existed, that they have been visiting the earth for 60 years and governments had covered up these facts all along. He stated Roswell was a genuine ET craft crash. That some UFOs that were seen were terrestrial in origin being reversed engineered craft of inferior technology. He was being serious.

Mitchell stated that he knew of this because of his connections inside military circles and other research committees. He said the alien intent was not hostile as they could have destroyed us by now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-60-years.html

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/hom.../09/01935.html

Roswell was a legitimate alien crash? If these aliens can travel lightyears across space they aren't going to crash and then get caught dumbass.

Hah, that's a pretty naive view on apparent technology which would would make our civilization look like the Neanderthal era. Who's the dumbass for assuming they know the inner workings of alien technology that they probably don't even believe in, dumbass? If you did some research you'd realize something very strange happened at Roswell in 1947. Whatever it was involved a massive cover-up and the facts will back this up.

So you're contradicting yourself by a)not believing Roswell to be a legitimate event and then b) hypothetically explaining the reason why it could not have happened based on a technology that you frankly have zero idea about it.

Kinda like a baby and a dog arguing over algebra equations.

The point of my post was to show a reputable source vouching for the moon landings (and extra-terrestrial existence.)
    Also if you actually read it properly you'd see where he states "that some UFOs that were seen were terrestrial in origin."
    It means from the Earth.
    Last edited by MikeLava; 01-22-2011 at 01:00 AM.

I will take your claims of aliens visiting Earth seriously when you supply legitimate evidence. I find it a bit peculiar that all recorded UFO sighting have come after the envention of the airplane...

Also, hundreds of thousand of telescopes are pointed up into the sky every second of every day. If aliens were to fly here, they would be spotted before they even reached Earth's atmosphere.

How much evidence do you want short of a craft hovering above your head with a Grey hanging out the window waving?

The problem with hypothesizing alien visitation is the fact that they most probably do not operate how we would expect them to. If super-advanced beings don't want to be seen then you'd assume they would be very ****ing good at hiding themselves.

Still, technology is never perfect and they often DO slip up (eg. Roswell). Now if the government is aware of their existence (it is a FACT that the powers that be have secrets, UFO-related or otherwise that the masses are not aware of) then that would make the truth even more difficult to find. Google COINTELPRO to get an idea of how capable our governments are at this.

Now if you're serious about evidence I highly suggest you read John Keel's books "The Eighth Tower" & "Operation Trojan Horse". I doubt you'll find copies in a library and a paper version goes for $300+ online so I'll just say if you're familiar with d/ling media then you can find electronic copies online.
    Keel is a no-nonsense investigator that deals with facts. I doubt you'll actually read his books they're quite boring because they don't engage in superfluous mumbo-jumbo or wild claims that many other Ufologists engage in (and give the entire field less credibility). After reading detailed first-hand accounts of sightings from reputable sources (police, government, military) one might have second thoughts. Remember these witnesses sometimes risk their credibility, occupation, pension and sometimes even their families to come public with their experience. For what reason would they do this? (In these cases monetary gain is not an excuse).

UFO sightings and stories go all the way back to biblical times, just look at our religious and historical texts. Once the UFO picture becomes clearer a LOT of old myths and stories start to take on a new light.

Another very interesting field is hypnotherapists who specialize in abduction phenomena. Very detailed and sometimes extremely shocking and confronting!

In some way all these ideas are plausible explanations of why our world is in the shape its in. It's obvious that the elite in charge do not have the whole of humanity's best interests at heart. Who stands to gain from misery and suffering? If you wanted to control a world population and keep people in the dark how would you go about it?

Remember our technology is prehistoric in comparison to ET's (supposed) technology. Telescopes are amazing instruments but very basic. When we look out into the stars we don't even see what's actually there RIGHT NOW. We're looking into the past, millions or even billions of years ago is how long it takes light to reach our eyes. Such a primitive method of experiencing reality if you think about it.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I find it a bit peculiar that all recorded UFO sighting have come after the envention of the airplane...
    I guess you've never read the bible or "Chariots of the Gods" (also a movie). Ancient history is full of recorded events describing things that fly (ascend) and carry people (flaming chariots).

I find it a bit peculiar that all recorded UFO sighting have come after the envention of the airplane...
    *You just made that up*

And regarding your comment about Aliens that have the technology to fly here being unable to crash, that's like saying "Some people are smart enough to build cars so a person would never be able to accidentally crash it.."

FuturePrimitive

All I see in this thread is the word of one former astronaut with no corroborating evidence. By Occam's Razor I'll side with NASA and declare Dr. Mitchell either a gold-digger looking to cash in on his reputation or coo-coo for cocoa puffs.

UFO myths in ancient times I'll attribute to meteor showers and the same sort of made-up stories which became ghost legends, religions, and silly alien abduction stories. All hearsay with no corroborating evidence whatsoever.

UFO sightings are, more often than not, just that. Unidentified Flying Objects. I'd more likely believe they are optical illusions or secret military aircraft or even natural earthly phenomena before believing they are critters from a distant galaxy without seeing definitive proof.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

If they were here..they probably moving in some undiscovered 17th dimension...btw where can i find a job like chumlee??
    I'm the shizznizz....
    http://www.skatersollie.com

Just like animals are not completely aware of how our civilization works, it's extremely possible that are we not at the top of the food chain as we so believe. Trying to completely understand alien technology is akin to a dog attempting to learn algebra. If they exist they play by different rules.

It's a fair enough call to demand evidence to believe in something, but on the other hand it's naive to not realize that something very strange is happening/has happened on our planet.

Like I've stated before, there are many other reputable UFO eyewitness accounts, from government, police & military officials. You can choose not to research these claims but saying that they don't exist is straight up ignorant.

Either keep your head in the proverbial sand or take the red pill and start researching.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLava View Post
    After reading detailed first-hand accounts of sightings from reputable sources (police, government, military) one might have second thoughts. Remember these witnesses sometimes risk their credibility, occupation, pension and sometimes even their families to come public with their experience. For what reason would they do this? (In these cases monetary gain is not an excuse).
    Remember that UFO stands for unidentified flying object. What these people believe to be an alien spacecraft is nothing more than some sort of spacecraft they have never seen before.

UFO sightings and stories go all the way back to biblical times, just look at our religious and historical texts. Once the UFO picture becomes clearer a LOT of old myths and stories start to take on a new light.
    All the old UFO stories seem to me just fairy tails or myths made up about comets or other extraterrestrial objects.

In 585 BCE a solar eclipse occurred over a battle leading the thousands of men in the battle to lay their weapons down and declare truce. It was believed by all the men that this was a sign of the gods wanting them to stop.

See? It is very easy to mistake a natural phenomenon to be some sort of extraterrestrial being or some sort of paranormal activity if you have no prerequisite knowledge of what it is you are seeing.

Another very interesting field is hypnotherapists who specialize in abduction phenomena. Very detailed and sometimes extremely shocking and confronting!
    Of the thousands of people to have clamed to be abducted by aliens, not a single one has gathered a single bit of evidence. If you ever get abducted, please grab something off of the alien spaceship. It is guaranteed to be like nothing on this planet.

It is much more plausible that they were either dreaming, tripping on drugs, or that they are flat out lieing or mentally ill.