The Failures In Skateboarding

Thread: The Failures In Skateboarding

Default The Failures In Skateboarding

The Failures In Skateboarding

Success is boring. In contrast, first-time failure is expected; it's the natural order of things. If you land a trick first try, it's either a fluke, or it just showed you already knew how to do that trick. If we landed everything first go there wouldn't be that satisfaction when rolling away from a trick we have tried 50 times. Simply because you wouldn't have learned anything from your first-time success.

We learn from our failures. Even in skateboarding. If you fall on a trick, it shows you learned one way how not to try that trick, and apply it to your next attempt. If anything, that's success in itself instead of failure. Like the expression goes, "knowledge is power". It applies in everything you do. If you fall a lot skateboarding, it doesn't make you a bad skater. It shows how much credibility your failures have given you by making you experienced, and knowledgeable in what works and what doesn't.

If you do tricks within a few tries you're just standing on familiar ground, going with what you know works, and not actually progressing. If you're no longer learning any new tricks, and feel stuck in a rut, feed your soul by risking failure, and leaving your comfort zone in order to experience new things. Failure is going to happen in anything you do, but what you do about it defines success.

Retired Staff

I'm glad someone who was as enthusiastic about pastries as me has joined. I love you already. Did you know that 92% of all donut shops in LA are owned by Cambodians?
    Posted via Mobile Device

My my Baker, that's some deep passion skating science you got goin on there. Thanks for the post.