Hassles

We've all had them at some point. Whether it be at a school, a mall, a parking garage, etc. they all end up with the same result. Disappointment, frustration, and yes. Hatred for people. At least for me.

A couple months ago during the summer, I was skating this school with my friend. Keep in mind there was no "No Skateboarding" signs or anything. It seemed perfectly fine right? I skate this school often actually, but this time it apparently wasn't fine. This guy came out and asked us to leave immediately. I didn't say anything to the guy since it didn't seem things were going to escalate any further. I told my friend we had to dipset, and we started heading towards my car. I quickly notice he is leaving too. I figure if we wait until he leaves, we can start skating again. Not a good idea at all. He gets in his car, and then pulls up to mine. He then starts writing down my license plate, and everything. This got me furious. I had been skating the stairset in the front, not vandalizing any of the property, but he seemed to have enough reason to do this...

I told my friend to get this license plate too before he tried making a run for it. We got it. Just in case ya know. After that, we just left since I didn't want to deal with anymore unnecessary crap from him, or anyone else.

Anyways the point I guess is, when you're getting the boot, be nice about it. Whether the person is a figure of authority or not. Most people don't like skaters to begin with, so trying to start a fight or anything will only make the reputation for skateboarding, and yours worse. Being nice about things when you're in the wrong (even if you really aren't like in my case) helps you out in the long run of things, and the person will be a lot more reasonable and rational about the situation. This goes for everything, not just skateboaridng kickouts.

I remember a few years ago me and a few people were skating at my school after school let out, and school security quickly came around. This one kid acted like a real jackass, and started mouthing off to the guy. He never got his board back. Me, and my friend (the same one as the hassle I previously talked about) got ours handed back since we were courteous, and reasonable about it.

Here's a video from my school where the guys were ignoring the authority figures, and just being jerks in general. This is what happened...

Just remember it's better to listen and learn, than to live and learn...