Boards that turn to one side

Thread: Boards that turn to one side

Default Boards that turn to one side

Ok, so I haven't had a board in five years that didn't tend toward one side when rolling. It's a problem with a trucks/bushings, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm riding new trucks and bushings now, and I got extra hard bushings to make sure I didn't bend them. This time I bent the metal plate above the bushing, which is now leaning to the side.

This is driving me f*king crazy, so if someone can shed some light on the situation, please do!

yeah that happens to me too its because your weight tends to go to one side as it does for everbody.... the only thing that i have found to work is to keep buying bushing and loosen your trucks more it sucks because i like my trucks really tight and its hard to ride with them loose but only thing that i have found too work... or you can ride a friends board that rides a diffrent stance so it leans the other way and your body evens it out? if you find a answer better though let me know

What kind of trucks?

I've had plenty of indys that had crooked kingpins -- the kingpins were actually drilled through the baseplate at an angle.

This happens to me from time to time and it's a problem I only have on freestyle setups. I think it's due to the fact the trucks are smaller and tighter, and the slightest degree of un-eveness is emphasized.

I usually try to correct by riding my trucks looser than I like, and gradually making them tighter.

Speed Junkie

could be the Bushing seat in the hanger as well Indy's are also notorious for that. I was truly astounded by the quality of the Bullet trucks I put on my latest freestyle board. especially when compared to the Indy Stage IX's on my old board. Is it rolling to one side with you on it or only when you're not standing on it? if it's the latter don't sweat it, if its the former follow Terry's recommendation

Im no expert but i have heard that upgrading your pivot cup can help a little with this problem.

Veteran Member

I had the problem regulary when i rode tracker full tracks, pivot cup replacement solved the problem if the bushings where still ok.

check if your deck is slightly warped
    rotate bushings
    yes, replace pivot cup
    make sure you are not drunk

pivot cup, or the top bushing cap, get the tensor ones, never bend. if you could find UpTrucks itd solve that problem too. unlikely to happen though.

on another note, its not your board thats turning, its the world thats turning man!

Retired Staff

^^^ mind freak

Start with riding your bushings kinda loose and tighten them day by day little by little. If you tighten up a lot straight away you kill the bushings faster and they get like that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

crooked drilled truck holes might be the problem as well.
    Lots of factors tough.

Skate Pirate

Does the board turn when you're on it, or just when you kick it and it rolls by itself?

It turns when I'm on it to, so I have to compensate for it by applying pressure differently just to ride straight. I need to get new pivot cups, Joe Flemke was telling me about Oust ones that he's had for years. Witter, do you know where I could get a hold of those? I loosened them up a bit and that did help a lot. For a while I thought I kept getting trucks with crooked kingpins or decks with crooked holes drilled but I doubt that could have happened with the last 5 setups I've had.