Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Dork tricks

  1. #1
    HeelflipWhore discolemonade4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Leeds / Sheffield / Manchester
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,785

    Default Dork tricks

    Is it just me or are body varial tricks so awesome , I can do regular tricks without them but I do love landing, learning tricks that nearly no one else can do like today learnt 360 flip body varial I would say i'm the only guy I know who can do them but my mate can nightmare body varial. I don't understand that trick at all. Anyone else think these tricks are cool or are they very annoying to watch, or don't look good?
    Kickflips and 360 flips are ****

    We were all off our faces on mushrooms when we recorded Plug In Baby... There was this big field next to the recording studio filled with them. So we ate them all. I don't know what we were doing, but we all ended up naked in a jacuzzi and I went deaf in one ear from falling asleep in the sauna... Matt Bellamy

    New line nearly https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...if_t=video_tag

    New Photo https://www.facebook.com/laurence.ev...type=1&theater

  2. #2
    Nameless
    Trebor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blanca Colorado
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    body varials arent really hard. everyone goes through a time when they think they're cool but eventually you just forget about them.

    i dont think they look particularly good either.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

  3. #3
    **** my couch): Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Im gonna have to disagree with trebor.
    they look good sometimes but like kickflip body varials look bad.
    and they take a lot of skill to land them


  4. #4
    Nameless
    Trebor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blanca Colorado
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Im gonna have to disagree with trebor.
    they look good sometimes but like kickflip body varials look bad.
    and they take a lot of skill to land them
    its easier to add a body varial than a rotation of the actual trick.

    take sex changes and fs flips, EVERYONE can do sexchanges after like an hour but it takes a lot more skill and practice to land fs flips.

    in that regard id rather see a fs/bs kickflip than a body varialed version on the merit that it looks better AND its harder.

    its the same thing with body varial 3 flips and bigflips, its harder to follow the board than it is to go the opposite way and body varial.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

  5. #5
    ya digg? lukesamess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Age
    21
    Posts
    508

    Default

    i like them especially for games of skate

    ^Do it I want to get some bearings^

    Anti-Berrics Rules GOS

    1. 505088k-
    2. mirko-SK
    3. lukesamess-
    *matches due march 30 by midnight

  6. #6
    FlatgroundLover Skater3495's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Age
    19
    Posts
    301

    Default

    I suck at body varials I just don't get them.

    The Best of the Best

  7. #7
    **** my couch): Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    its easier to add a body varial than a rotation of the actual trick.

    take sex changes and fs flips, EVERYONE can do sexchanges after like an hour but it takes a lot more skill and practice to land fs flips.

    in that regard id rather see a fs/bs kickflip than a body varialed version on the merit that it looks better AND its harder.

    its the same thing with body varial 3 flips and bigflips, its harder to follow the board than it is to go the opposite way and body varial.
    ok can you nollie bs flip?
    if you cant or if you can get a trick you cant do and try the trick then try it with a body varial
    see which one takes you more tries.


  8. #8
    Nameless
    Trebor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blanca Colorado
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    ok can you nollie bs flip?
    if you cant or if you can get a trick you cant do and try the trick then try it with a body varial
    see which one takes you more tries.
    i dont understand, you want me to try a trick i cant do and then add a body varial and see which version i land first?

    this is wrong, this is like saying sexchanges are harder than kickflips because it would take longer for someone entirely new at skating to land a sexchange without being able to kickflip first.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

  9. #9
    Cafe Fuzz
    Pathtek4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,013

    Default

    Why do people use the word "Dork" with the word "Tricks". Ugh, makes me wanna vomit
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

  10. #10
    Stay Weird BakerForLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    VA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    I only like ollie body varials. The rest just look bad to me.

  11. #11
    Simon says Dynamiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Age
    21
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Why would you call anything a "Dork trick"?

  12. #12
    Supreme Member oatenshiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    I disagree about wether regular rotating flips look better than body varialing flips. Imo its trick specific. I hate the way sex changes look but I think a well done twisted flip is 100% awesome. Where in other cases 180 flips are alright but add a flip onto a 360 and I could watch those few seconds of film 7 or 8 times before moving on.
    Unfortunately trick difficulty isn't always proportionate with the way it looks.

  13. #13
    Beautiful Loser
    MRCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    desolation row
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,526

    Default

    I only like ollie body varials and kickflip / heelflip body varials (both ways) if they are done right (which is rare), those tricks are hit or miss in my opinion you either have the style and swagger to make them look awesome or they look like crap, no grey areas. Also I really dislike varial tricks with a body varial the opposite way

  14. #14
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    I only like ollie body varials and kickflip / heelflip body varials (both ways) if they are done right (which is rare), those tricks are hit or miss in my opinion you either have the style and swagger to make them look awesome or they look like crap, no grey areas. Also I really dislike varial tricks with a body varial the opposite way
    This.


    Although, a twisted flip is a great way to confuse the hell out of that little kid that asked you to play skate at the skatepark.
    RIP Keith Caleb Stull. August 8th, 1992 - August 3rd, 2011.

    FLICKR

  15. #15
    Simon says Dynamiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Age
    21
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    I only like ollie body varials and kickflip / heelflip body varials (both ways) if they are done right (which is rare), those tricks are hit or miss in my opinion you either have the style and swagger to make them look awesome or they look like crap, no grey areas. Also I really dislike varial tricks with a body varial the opposite way
    I agree with you on the style bit, one of my friends does sexchanges alot and they look like ****, but this guy at my local park does them and they're like the best looking trick i've ever seen.

  16. #16
    **** my couch): Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    i dont understand, you want me to try a trick i cant do and then add a body varial and see which version i land first?

    this is wrong, this is like saying sexchanges are harder than kickflips because it would take longer for someone entirely new at skating to land a sexchange without being able to kickflip first.
    yeah thats exactly what i want you to do.
    but isnt it a good way to see which way is harder?


  17. #17
    Nameless
    Trebor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blanca Colorado
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    yeah thats exactly what i want you to do.
    but isnt it a good way to see which way is harder?
    obviously trying a trick i already cant do and adding more steps to it is going to be harder.

    a fairer way to judge it would be to find a trick like a 360 flip and try to do a bigflip or a body varialed 360 flip and see which is harder.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

  18. #18
    Josef Stalin Whatdoyouwant?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    yeah thats exactly what i want you to do.
    but isnt it a good way to see which way is harder?
    What are you trying to get him to do?

  19. #19
    Nameless
    Trebor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blanca Colorado
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whatdoyouwant? View Post
    What are you trying to get him to do?
    take my clothes off and do body varials
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

  20. #20
    Elite Member
    johnny16tx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,891

    Default

    Clint walker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •