Legalization of Marijuana
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization of Marijuana

Default Legalization of Marijuana

Move this thread if it's in the wrong section..

Anyways, for english I have to write a research paper and we were allowed to pick our own topics as long as they were in a TIME magazine. After searching each magazine and finally coming across one titled "United States of Amerijuana" I quickly picked it up and started reading.

Since this is going to be 5-7 pages, I'll need a very detailed thesis which maybe someone could help me with?

But even before that, I need some kind of outline and facts so I can construct my essay from that. I was thinking of doing a compare and contrast type of essay which was recommended and so I need facts for why it should be legalized and why it shouldn't be.

There're internet sources out there which I have referred to, but I think it would also be smart to get a few opinions from others about this topic.

So, Should marijuana be legalized? Or stay illegal.. Tell me what you would say and why
    50-50 old school kickflip.

[X]Spring Edit - http://vimeo.com/4321983
    [X]Summer Edit - http://vimeo.com/10379078
    [ ]Fall Edit
    [ ]Winter Edit

http://www.youtube.com/user/Eleventytwoo

click to show

DJyoyoLilDyls

Marijuana, i heard. is actually safer then Alcohol.

Legalize it, Makes life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    Marijuana, i heard. is actually safer then Alcohol.

Legalize it, Makes life easier.
    Ahh, it states that marijuana is okay if used in moderation, but marijuana is highly addictive and some people such as 1/5 will be dependent on it, possibly resulting in alcohol and marijuana consumers.
    50-50 old school kickflip.

[X]Spring Edit - http://vimeo.com/4321983
    [X]Summer Edit - http://vimeo.com/10379078
    [ ]Fall Edit
    [ ]Winter Edit

http://www.youtube.com/user/Eleventytwoo

click to show

Quote Originally Posted by eleventytwo View Post
    Move this thread if it's in the wrong section..
    insert a witty remark about the thread being closed really fast.

i swear, when i was in high school everyone. EVERYONE wrote about legalizing marijuana. mostly pro, some con.

anyway, if you cant think of evidence and supporting facts for yourself or in that article, maybe you should pick a different topic? ya dont gotta bastardize everyones 'its not even bad' theories to write another legalize weed essay paper. but thats what everyone does anyway.

Retired Staff

Make it more about being granted freedom and not being babied by the FDA or state governments concerning what we can and can't put in our bodies. Pull up examples of prohibition, banning of trans fats etc.

Press the idea as well that we're not going to become a country of drug addicts because it's legal. People that want to do it will do it. Cigarette smoking is demonized as well as drinking and eating delicious fried animal carcass. Drugs, even legal, are still looked down on and are only enjoyed by a small percentage of the population. Also include ideas of self restraint and responsibity. If John American wants to OD on drugs and die in a pool of vomit, that's his problem and his fault, not the concern of the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

Kill your brain

^ That last statement is pretty much BS though as healthcare for those who can't afford it gets paid by increasing health care costs for those who can pay for it, so it is more than just "hey ma and pa, im my own person, imma do what I want!"

and for the record, about an hour ago I bought weed legally
    wubwub

Retired Staff

Sorry, I suppose I should have said "it should be".

I dont like the idea of people being supported on the backs of those who work. I haven't had insurance for 7 years because I don't want to be a strain on society. My gov't aid is limited to getting a loan even though I have **** credit. I know some people legitimately need aid but it's abused by a lot of people who keep leaving beyond their means and expect other people to pick up the slack.

Ahh, it states that marijuana is okay if used in moderation, but marijuana is highly addictive and some people such as 1/5 will be dependent on it, possibly resulting in alcohol and marijuana consumers.
    I'd mention that and say it's probably true. I'd mention that marijuana's smoke is however many times more potent than cigarette's. But than back it up by saying that too much of anything is bad for you, and that just about anything can be addicting (alcohol, cigarettes yet they're legal), and maybe even World of Warcraft. Then I'd say that although its smoke is more potent, think of all the cigarettes that a smoker will go through everyday. Then make an example of how badly alcohol and messes people up, and list off traits of an alcoholic, (violent, loud) then list the traits of a stoner, (stoner) I think you get the point there. Oh and "go to California, go to a pharmacy, you won't find cigarettes, or alcohol. But you already know what you will find."

Retired Staff

^^

I also like that cigarettes are in the front of the store and all the sickly people have to walk to the back to get meds.

i have mixed feeling for it because it truely is a gateway drug ive seen it happen but perhaps it wouldnt be if it was legal
    but i have written 2 papers for the legalization you can compare it to alcohol tobacco and over the counter meds
    there a death per year site that will help
    you can compare our recession and what the legalization of marijuana could do to what the legalization of alcohol did for the depression
    if i think of anything else ill post

^Do it I want to get some bearings^

Anti-Berrics Rules GOS

1. 505088k-
    2. mirko-SK
    3. lukesamess-
    *matches due march 30 by midnight

Quote Originally Posted by lukesamess View Post
    i have mixed feeling for it because it truely is a gateway drug ive seen it happen but perhaps it wouldnt be if it was legal
    Yea exactly what I've always thought. The only reason it's a gateway drug is because it's illegal, so they see it at the same level as other illegal drugs. Alcohol is a drug and is worse, but you never hear about it being a gateway drug. Also lots of people say that everyone that smokes weed at their school or whatever are losers, but usually the fact is that it's only ever the losers that get into before they grow up. They either think it's bad but do it anyways, or they're just the only ones who get into it that much. I knew a kid a while ago who smoked weed all the time and was always all "yea don't do this **** dude it's bad you don't wanna get into this **** I'm such a druggy loser."

good vibes

Marijuana, from my experience, is not addictive. I'm actually current going 3 months without it to prove how easy it is to just stop after using it as often as everyday. I'm 7 days in and it's easy. I don't have any urge to smoke at all, in fact, I've stopped smoking cigarettes too. I didn't even plan on it. I just don't feel like having one either.

As for it being a gateway drug. Meh, iunno. I do LSD now and I can tell you that I wouldn't be if I hadn't done marijuana first, but I wouldn't call it a gateway drug because of it. I can't really explain.

a year ago, this thread would've been deleted.

i guess rules on the cafe have changed...

good vibes

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    a year ago, this thread would've been deleted.

i guess rules on the cafe have changed...
    I was thinking the same. I figured "o look it'll be closed in 5 minutes", andius posts, me "**** yes "

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Man View Post
    Marijuana, from my experience, is not addictive. I'm actually current going 3 months without it to prove how easy it is to just stop after using it as often as everyday. I'm 7 days in and it's easy. I don't have any urge to smoke at all, in fact, I've stopped smoking cigarettes too. I didn't even plan on it. I just don't feel like having one either.

As for it being a gateway drug. Meh, iunno. I do LSD now and I can tell you that I wouldn't be if I hadn't done marijuana first, but I wouldn't call it a gateway drug because of it. I can't really explain.
    You seem like someone who has a very opposite addictive personality. That's all very impressive. How do things work out for you with masturbating???

good vibes

Quote Originally Posted by rpalp View Post
    You seem like someone who has a very opposite addictive personality. That's all very impressive. How do things work out for you with masturbating???
    Actually I have a very addictive personality. I just have a lot of self-control. I masturbate just as much as any average male.

angry, young & beautiful

drugs are bad and if you smoke weed YOU WILL DIE!!
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Weed in it's purest form can't really hurt you.
    The only thing that I'd be worried about is companies adding chemicals to it. I mean, think about cigarettes. I'm not saying they're super bad, blah blah blah, but they aren't the best thing for you. But before it was mass produced by companies, it was still sort of bad, but it wasn't the level it's on now. I'm fairly sure that if Marijuana becomes legal, a bunch of companies are gonna start adding sh-t to it.

Quote Originally Posted by andius View Post
    ^ That last statement is pretty much BS though as healthcare for those who can't afford it gets paid by increasing health care costs for those who can pay for it, so it is more than just "hey ma and pa, im my own person, imma do what I want!"

and for the record, about an hour ago I bought weed legally

I think "technically" you did not. Federal law trumps state law. So there is a loophole for ball busting, prescription or not. (From what I hear anyway, I actually know jack sh1t about it)
    Merging doublepost

Marijuana is not addicting. Fact.
    Last edited by Mid-Life Crisis; 12-08-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ........Show Respect, Be Respected.

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Whatdoyouwant? View Post
    Weed in it's purest form can't really hurt you.
    The only thing that I'd be worried about is companies adding chemicals to it. I mean, think about cigarettes. I'm not saying they're super bad, blah blah blah, but they aren't the best thing for you. But before it was mass produced by companies, it was still sort of bad, but it wasn't the level it's on now. I'm fairly sure that if Marijuana becomes legal, a bunch of companies are gonna start adding sh-t to it.
    yeah but there's probably gonna be a biological/organic whatever market, you know they do that for food, food hipsters eat.

I just wish they made weed legal so people would shut up about it.