Goodbye free speech. Goodbye internet. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Goodbye free speech. Goodbye internet.

Retired Staff

That'd be nice but then I'm sure everyone would complain about the tax hike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

Kill your brain

Plus nationalized govt run internet would pretty much crush a giant part of the economy and probably be way less legitimate when its comes to the freedoms of the internets.
    wubwub

FuturePrimitive

It should be a utility, like water and power. High-speed internet, publicly accessible from every computer or smartphone. It should have no association whatsoever to the content therein. Parents are the only ones who should be able to limit content.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Kill your brain

What about the giant advertising industry? Or the market of providing the service(s) itself?

I know you're talking about an ideal situation, but its just not possible in my mind (or wanted)
    wubwub

Retired Staff

It'd create competition. Time warner's cable Internet is bull****. If i can get bull**** Internet from the government, time Warner would have to up their quality so I'd pay them for better service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
    Crap...I think I agree with Razz. Checking for a fever or some illness...lol.

Sadly, younger people don't pay attention to the real issues and don't vote....age 20 had a 30% or so turnout...and alot of people vote based on what they are promised and what they will get. What about future generations? I have not received a raise in 2 and this May will be 3 years, and I'm good with that IF we get spending under control and start being responsible.

Point is too many people think they don't matter, they can't make a difference, and it's the way it is. In the past year I have written MULTIPLE TIMES the President (Bush and Obama), The Speaker, The IRS, the NC Governor, and many local "Representatives"...etc.

But as I've posted before, the FCC is voting on 12/22 on "Internet Neutrality" and hardly anyone knows about it....anyone willing to get off this forum, Facebook, or stop gaming for a little while and WRITE their Congress Representative, the FCC, or teh President about it?

Ignorance is no excuse when your freedoms are taken away, I bet many many English or Australians never imagined they would ever loose their freedoms to own a firearm...and like that they are gone. Just do a little research on how well the gun ban in the UK or Australia has worked out.
    I'm pretty happy with our gun crime. I can count the cases of my friends, family, relatives who have ever been witness to a crime involving either a gun or a knife on one finger; two guys with one knife against 3 of my friends, all of who got away unscathed by the fittest drawing off the two whilst the others ran the other way.

I'd put money on being able to out run anyone who ever tried to attack me with a knife as well. So yeah, I'm quite happy. Couldn't give two ****s about the gun ban and wouldn't own one even if I could.

IAMCANADIAN

bbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Quote Originally Posted by TechCrunch.com
    With Theopeninter.net, web designer Michael Ciarlo has given you the holiday gift of being able to explain to the less web savvy members of your friends and family what net neutrality means (simply, and with visuals) and why exactly laymen should care about the FCC’s recent attempts to create “enforcable” Internet regulations.
    http://theopeninter.net/