Reshoot is in order. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Thread: Reshoot is in order.

  1. #41
    Retired Staff
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Leominster
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    That photo is actually pleasing to the eye... just sayin'
    If you're going to try and hate at least do it well.

    edit: bro

  2. #42
    angry, young & beautiful
    HighVoltageSk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,953

    Default

    it was shot with an iphone





































    bro
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

  3. #43
    Gnar Shreddage!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    aus
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaneuk View Post
    I never shoot like that.

    ****ing amazing shot bro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbergdoll/5025577920/
    I use flickr for more than just uploading things that I think are my best work, I took that with my phone and uploaded it on the spot to post it to my blog.
    Last edited by ShredTheGnar; 12-25-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

  4. #44
    Odd, indeed. EdBogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShredTheGnar View Post
    I use flickr for more than just uploading things that I think are my best work, I took that with my phone and uploaded it on the spot to post it to my blog. But yeah, your **** sucks, straight up. The photo you posted here isn't even worth the amount of attention it gets. You'd probably be better off just selling your camera gear seeing as how you have not produced anything quality and really just don't have the eye, br0.
    You ever stop to think about how much damage your words can do to someone's spirit?
    James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." <3


    Love you, Pops.
    March 22nd, 1956 - June 24th, 2012.

    a cloud moves in
    rain falls, thunder strikes
    and sunshine breaks through the clouds.

  5. #45
    Retired Staff
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Leominster
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    If anyone is being put down by what someone has to say over the internet they should stop coming on the internet...

  6. #46
    Odd, indeed. EdBogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    If someone has to be a complete twit with no regard to people's feelings, they shouldn't be on the internet.

    I really do hate it when people say, "oh, it's just the internet", claiming that gives the right to be a prick. Yes, I'm aware it's the internet, but I'm also aware that behind the text is a human that's probably giving you a much more honest opinion than most have the balls to say face-to-face. And when you spend years on a site reading posts from people (yes, people) they become more than just an "anonymous troll". So, yes, if I posted my work looking for critique, a post like that would sting, especially from someone who I know has skill/knowledge in photography. But I don't see how my not having skin of steel gives me less of a right to the internet than a pompous jerk.

    I'm not against a brutally honest CONSTRUCTIVE piece of criticism, so long as it is, in fact, constructive and at least somewhat encouraging... You'd think fellow photographers would try to support one another, no?

    For the record, I'm not totally against you STG. There's a lot of truth in what you say, I just wish you'd go about saying it with more constructiveness, and less harshness.
    James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." <3


    Love you, Pops.
    March 22nd, 1956 - June 24th, 2012.

    a cloud moves in
    rain falls, thunder strikes
    and sunshine breaks through the clouds.

  7. #47
    Gnar Shreddage!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    aus
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    valid points.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

  8. #48
    Retired Staff
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Leominster
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    Yea but you gotta realize, 90% of the people realize they will never see/meet the person they are talking to so whether they mean it or not they just say ****.

  9. #49
    Active Member Nashvillain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    37

    Default

    EdBogie, I agree with you to an extent.

    By that I mean that art in any form is subjective, and really the only respect that matters is SELF RESPECT. Gotta have thick skin in an industry where EVERYONE seems to be a critic. I've seen a lot of modern art that I think is absolutely ridiculous, but there is a venue and a market for every thing that one could consider art and each venue has fluctuating degrees of popularity over the decades.

    That being said, we're all brothers of the 'board here and should offer helpful criticisms and also those receiving said helpful criticisms should take them graciously and/or with a grain of salt.

    Something you think is cool or beautiful or whatever might be absolute trash to another.. and that's okay. But, everyone should be kind in their words. This is the internet, that's true, but that doesn't make it okay to talk down to somebody or attempt to **** on their artistic vision.

    Humility is very important.
    "The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." - Frank Zappa

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    If anyone is being put down by what someone has to say over the internet they should stop coming on the internet...
    There's not much of a difference. How does hearing something verbally, and seeing it in text make any vast difference?

  11. #51
    evil vibes
    Coleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Yea but you gotta realize, 90% of the people realize they will never see/meet the person they are talking to so whether they mean it or not they just say ****.
    So what, I mean your point is true, only if the person was talking **** about the person. But at this point, it is about the artwork shaneuk is displaying. STG might of been aiming his text at shaneuk, but it was also aiming toward his photography, and making that art seem like he has done everything wrong in the photo world and that he should never do it again. Which I do not agree, shaneuk put's out awesome stuff; way better than my stuff that I put out haha.

    Even if it is through text or words, it still hurts.
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

  12. #52
    BBS 303boards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    i want STG and Shane to end this in a courtly joust to the death


  13. #53
    blah blah blah
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia, WA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    I like STG's sig

  14. #54
    Gnar Shreddage!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    aus
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

  15. #55
    Kill your brain
    andius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdBogie View Post
    If someone has to be a complete twit with no regard to people's feelings, they shouldn't be on the internet.

    I really do hate it when people say, "oh, it's just the internet", claiming that gives the right to be a prick. Yes, I'm aware it's the internet, but I'm also aware that behind the text is a human that's probably giving you a much more honest opinion than most have the balls to say face-to-face. And when you spend years on a site reading posts from people (yes, people) they become more than just an "anonymous troll". So, yes, if I posted my work looking for critique, a post like that would sting, especially from someone who I know has skill/knowledge in photography. But I don't see how my not having skin of steel gives me less of a right to the internet than a pompous jerk.

    I'm not against a brutally honest CONSTRUCTIVE piece of criticism, so long as it is, in fact, constructive and at least somewhat encouraging... You'd think fellow photographers would try to support one another, no?

    For the record, I'm not totally against you STG. There's a lot of truth in what you say, I just wish you'd go about saying it with more constructiveness, and less harshness.
    STOP BEING SO MEAN TO STG!!!

    you're gonna hurt his feelings.
    wubwub

  16. #56
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    Me three, that cat is a badass.

  17. #57
    Beautiful Loser
    MRCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    desolation row
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,610

    Default

    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

  18. #58
    Gnar Shreddage!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    aus
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth
    Hahahaha. This complements the cat pushing the watermelon very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

  19. #59
    Banned
    RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdBogie View Post
    For the record, I'm not totally against you STG. There's a lot of truth in what you say, I just wish you'd go about saying it with more constructiveness, and less harshness.
    I'm totally against STG and wish nothing but DEATH and DESTRUCTION upon his soul.

  20. #60
    Gnar Shreddage!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    aus
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    I feel like raining blood has to be playing while reading the above post to get the full effect. It works nicely, try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •