Reshoot is in order. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reshoot is in order.

Retired Staff

That photo is actually pleasing to the eye... just sayin'
    If you're going to try and hate at least do it well.

edit: bro

angry, young & beautiful

it was shot with an iphone

bro
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Gnar Shreddage!

Quote Originally Posted by shaneuk View Post
    I never shoot like that.

****ing amazing shot bro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbergdoll/5025577920/
    I use flickr for more than just uploading things that I think are my best work, I took that with my phone and uploaded it on the spot to post it to my blog.
    Last edited by ShredTheGnar; 12-25-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

Quote Originally Posted by ShredTheGnar View Post
    I use flickr for more than just uploading things that I think are my best work, I took that with my phone and uploaded it on the spot to post it to my blog. But yeah, your **** sucks, straight up. The photo you posted here isn't even worth the amount of attention it gets. You'd probably be better off just selling your camera gear seeing as how you have not produced anything quality and really just don't have the eye, br0.
    You ever stop to think about how much damage your words can do to someone's spirit?
    James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." <3

Love you, Pops.
    March 22nd, 1956 - June 24th, 2012.

a cloud moves in
    rain falls, thunder strikes
    and sunshine breaks through the clouds.

Retired Staff

If anyone is being put down by what someone has to say over the internet they should stop coming on the internet...

If someone has to be a complete twit with no regard to people's feelings, they shouldn't be on the internet.

I really do hate it when people say, "oh, it's just the internet", claiming that gives the right to be a prick. Yes, I'm aware it's the internet, but I'm also aware that behind the text is a human that's probably giving you a much more honest opinion than most have the balls to say face-to-face. And when you spend years on a site reading posts from people (yes, people) they become more than just an "anonymous troll". So, yes, if I posted my work looking for critique, a post like that would sting, especially from someone who I know has skill/knowledge in photography. But I don't see how my not having skin of steel gives me less of a right to the internet than a pompous jerk.

I'm not against a brutally honest CONSTRUCTIVE piece of criticism, so long as it is, in fact, constructive and at least somewhat encouraging... You'd think fellow photographers would try to support one another, no?

For the record, I'm not totally against you STG. There's a lot of truth in what you say, I just wish you'd go about saying it with more constructiveness, and less harshness.
    James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." <3

Love you, Pops.
    March 22nd, 1956 - June 24th, 2012.

a cloud moves in
    rain falls, thunder strikes
    and sunshine breaks through the clouds.

Gnar Shreddage!

valid points.

Retired Staff

Yea but you gotta realize, 90% of the people realize they will never see/meet the person they are talking to so whether they mean it or not they just say ****.

EdBogie, I agree with you to an extent.

By that I mean that art in any form is subjective, and really the only respect that matters is SELF RESPECT. Gotta have thick skin in an industry where EVERYONE seems to be a critic. I've seen a lot of modern art that I think is absolutely ridiculous, but there is a venue and a market for every thing that one could consider art and each venue has fluctuating degrees of popularity over the decades.

That being said, we're all brothers of the 'board here and should offer helpful criticisms and also those receiving said helpful criticisms should take them graciously and/or with a grain of salt.

Something you think is cool or beautiful or whatever might be absolute trash to another.. and that's okay. But, everyone should be kind in their words. This is the internet, that's true, but that doesn't make it okay to talk down to somebody or attempt to **** on their artistic vision.

Humility is very important.
    "The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." - Frank Zappa

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    If anyone is being put down by what someone has to say over the internet they should stop coming on the internet...
    There's not much of a difference. How does hearing something verbally, and seeing it in text make any vast difference?

evil vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Yea but you gotta realize, 90% of the people realize they will never see/meet the person they are talking to so whether they mean it or not they just say ****.
    So what, I mean your point is true, only if the person was talking **** about the person. But at this point, it is about the artwork shaneuk is displaying. STG might of been aiming his text at shaneuk, but it was also aiming toward his photography, and making that art seem like he has done everything wrong in the photo world and that he should never do it again. Which I do not agree, shaneuk put's out awesome stuff; way better than my stuff that I put out haha.

Even if it is through text or words, it still hurts.
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

i want STG and Shane to end this in a courtly joust to the death

blah blah blah

I like STG's sig

Gnar Shreddage!

me too.

Kill your brain

Quote Originally Posted by EdBogie View Post
    If someone has to be a complete twit with no regard to people's feelings, they shouldn't be on the internet.

I really do hate it when people say, "oh, it's just the internet", claiming that gives the right to be a prick. Yes, I'm aware it's the internet, but I'm also aware that behind the text is a human that's probably giving you a much more honest opinion than most have the balls to say face-to-face. And when you spend years on a site reading posts from people (yes, people) they become more than just an "anonymous troll". So, yes, if I posted my work looking for critique, a post like that would sting, especially from someone who I know has skill/knowledge in photography. But I don't see how my not having skin of steel gives me less of a right to the internet than a pompous jerk.

I'm not against a brutally honest CONSTRUCTIVE piece of criticism, so long as it is, in fact, constructive and at least somewhat encouraging... You'd think fellow photographers would try to support one another, no?

For the record, I'm not totally against you STG. There's a lot of truth in what you say, I just wish you'd go about saying it with more constructiveness, and less harshness.
    STOP BEING SO MEAN TO STG!!!

you're gonna hurt his feelings.
    wubwub

Global Moderator

Me three, that cat is a badass.

Beautiful Loser

Gnar Shreddage!

Hahahaha. This complements the cat pushing the watermelon very well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EdBogie View Post
    I'm totally against STG and wish nothing but DEATH and DESTRUCTION upon his soul.

Gnar Shreddage!

I feel like raining blood has to be playing while reading the above post to get the full effect. It works nicely, try it.