January Member Of The Month 2011 - heartagram695
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January Member Of The Month 2011 - heartagram695

Super Moderator

Default January Member Of The Month 2011 - heartagram695

Congrats to heartagram695 (jack) for winning January '11 Member Of The Month! He's a funny and all around awesome guy. Here is his interview:

1. Is your spoon too big?
    All I can say to this question is that Tuesday is coming, and I most definitely brought my coat.

2. How would you describe our friendship? How amazing is Paul Romaine?! (303boards)
    Dylan, you are a fantastic person and I definitely value your friendship very much. You are always really fun to skate and hang out with. I feel that our mutual interests of skateboarding and jazz are something that I have yet to find in another person our age (I know that sounds really cheesy but its true). For those of you who are wondering, Paul Romaine is the co-founder of the Colorado Conservatory for the Jazz Arts and one hell of a drummer. The only way I can truly describe him to someone who hasn’t met him is he is a mad genius. I have heard stories from the other CCJA teachers about how his mental status (he is bi-polar) was so messed up that he would run through the streets of L.A. threatening to kill himself if the record companies wouldn’t hire him.
    Here’s a video of him doin’ his thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMHd2KQesk

3. Where’s the one place in the world you wanna travel?
    So many places. My dad used to travel a lot because of his job and the way he talks about China makes me really interested in going there. Currently, I’m in Chinese III (my least favorite class) at school so I think it would be cool to go there to test my very limited knowledge.

4. What’s a typical weekend in the life of sir heartgram jacky wacky?
    Hmmmmmm…no weekend is really typical for me. Most weekends I begin the day with a cup of tea. I love tea sooooo much. After I drink my tea, I usually figure out what I’m gonna do for the rest of the day, which usually ends up being nothing at all. If it’s nice out skateboarding is always an option but if its not I might do some homework or something else.

5. Did you enjoy skating with me? Would you want to do it again if you could? (STL)

It was pretty fun meeting up with you in the Springs. Some of that stuff that you managed to catch on film with Jordan and I makes me laugh every time I watch it. We definitely should meet up again. Perhaps with Dylan, Jordan, You, Me, and Trebor perhaps? We Colorado skaters need to stick togetherrrrrr.

6. What is your top 5 skateboarding moments? (Your personal moments)
    I can really think of only 3 off the top of my head. The first one was doing my first and only heelflip down the 4 stair at our local park. The story is the same for all 3 of these tricks pretty much. When I go for a trick that I really really want to get, I try it until my legs fall off, or I land it. So I had tried this heelflip for like 3 hours and finally got it. The same thing was my first blunt to fakie on transition. Such a good feeling. Probably the best moment I’ve ever had on a skateboard was doing a tail drop off this huge electrical box into a bank. I had tried it once before and totally wreck myself so going back a couple months later and getting it was crazy.
    Here’s a video of the three aforementioned tricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhfqQ...&feature=feedu
    (the blunt to fakie was from a friends video that’s why it has music)

7. Craziest thing you've seen on the mean streets of Colorado?
    I live in the suburbs of South Denver. There’s not much craziness going on down here. But one time on the Light Rail heading to Denver there were these two drunk homeless guys and they were fighting and it was really kind of scary. The best thing about it was by the time we got off the train, both of them were asleep.

8. If you could combine 3 pro skaters together to make the ultimate skater, who would they be?
    The ultimate skater is John Cardiel. No combining needed.

9. Why are you so Jewish? (kk360)

Well Nick, when a mommy Jew and a daddy Jew love each other very much….

10. If you could sesh any spot - past or present - what spot would it be?
    Being mainly a tranny skater, I really don’t skate street that much. I used to, but not any more. So if I had to pick one I would probably pick that Black Pearl park in the Caribbean or wherever it is. If I eventually got back into street skating, I would love to hit up the Skate Plaza in Vancouver again.

11. How good is the snowboarding in Colorado?
    I’m actually a skier. So I really wouldn’t know how the “snowboarding” is. But I can tell you that the skiing is magnificent. The closest mountain worth going to (Arapahoe Basin) to where I live is about 45 minutes away. But just a little further down there road there are places like Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper, and Vail (my personal favorite). I learned to ski at Vail and I can honestly say that I think I have skied every single run on that mountain. I know it like the back of my hand.

12. You have excellent taste in jazz and music in general. Describe your taste in music and your collection, and discuss any instrument(s) you play. (Noj)

This means a lot to me, especially coming from you, Noj. I really respect your knowledge of all things music and I am always anxious to see what kind of stuff you post in the “What song are you currently listening to?!” thread. We totally run that thread But anyway, my love of Jazz spawned from my brother. He got me into a lot of really awesome ska and reggae. In finding my own bands that I liked in those genres I found that I was really drawn to the instrumental pieces a lot more than the ones with words. Therefore, when I discovered Jazz (partially with the help of my good friend Dylan) I latched on to it immediately. With jazz, I go for hard bop the most and some fusion type stuff but not all that much. Most fusion makes my head hurt if I listen to too much.
    I have been playing guitar for about 6 years now and I love it. I played in Jazz Band in middle school but it wasn’t until this year when I got in to the better of the two Jazz Bands at my school that I really got into Jazz guitar. I am just finishing up my first session of CCJA and it’s been really fun to play Jazz with some new kids.

13. Jack, how in the name of all that is awesome and unholy do you not like metal? (MOFAUX)
    I don’t really know. Like I said Bengt, Tool is about as metal as I get. I used to be really into Metallica but I haven’t listened to them in quite some time. I occasionally throw on some Iron Maiden (pre-Bruce Dickinson). You should tell me some more I should listen to.

14. If you could travel to any time period and see any one single concert that has actually taken place, who's would it be?
    This is a tough one. People who know me know that I’m a total concert hound. That definitely comes from my mom who I swear went to every Grateful Dead show ever. I think I can narrow it down to 5.
    1. Led Zeppelin at MSG in 1973
    2. Led Zeppelin at The Royal Albert Hall in 1970 (on Jimmy Page’s birthday )
    3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience at Monterey Pop (better than his Woodstock performance IMO)
    4. The Mad Caddies in Toronto
    5. I would kill to go back in time to 1958 and 1959 to see Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers perform with what I consider to be the 2 most insane lineups for a jazz group EVAR.

15. What is something you want to pursue with your life?

I know it sounds incredibly cliché, but in life all really I want is to be happy. I have no real idea on where I want to go to college or what I want to study. If I end up leaving the state for college, I definitely want to come back to Colorado eventually to raise a family, work, etc. I used to really want to pursue music as a career, but lately I really have been considering just keeping it as a hobby and focusing on something different for my career.

16. Why are you so dang cute?
    I would hardly call this cute…

17. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you love me? (Shorty’s Kid)
    200% of my love for you has to do with your hair. You are the Samson to my Delilah ;-)

18. How awesome is it living in Colorado?
    The best of the best. I love it here. A bunch of people here are really *****y about the bi-polar weather but I think it’s fantastic. I would get bored with a place that has the same weather all the time. I like going to school in the morning and it being freezing then warming up to 50s-60s in the day.

19. Why did you start skateboarding and why do you continue to?
    I assume I started the for the same reason everyone on the Café started…to meet hawt skater boiz Skating is something that feels like its been a part of my life forever and it always will be because it is so much fun. Every time that I have “quit” I always end up coming back. I love seeing all the homies at the skatepark and learning new stuff or just cruising around and doing the same tricks.

20. Do you believe the world will end in 2012?
    In the words of my good friend Jordan Gallegos, “Don’t believe the hype”.

I made this video for fun. Its pretty stupid but I wanted to make a video for some reason. I hope you guys like it (I am fully aware that I put January 2010 at the end, it took too long to render to go back and fix it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdR1R..._order&list=UL

Shout outs
    Shout outs to all the peoplez on the cafe keepin' it reallllllll such as 303boards, Jordan G, Trevor, Bragas, Dale, Mike, Andy, Anon, Brandon, Jaames, The Beard, Noj, MRCK, Maxi Pad Kulish, Bengt, Snowjoe, STL, Coleman, Arod, Andius, R_S, and Trebor.
    Last edited by Trebor; 01-30-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Turbo Raptor!

Fun interviewz dude.

I have MAD APPRECIATION for the love of tea, show border patrol this interview and you'll be welcome in England anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Retired Staff

Cool interview Jack, i watched half of the video then it stopped loading for me I shall finish it soon!

Nameless

grilled cheese with SHREDDED cheese? thats some dangerous thinking Jack.

rad interview though buddy.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

good vibes

Awesome interview Jack! I was actually eating a grilled cheese sammich while reading your interview and watching your video haha. I've never tried putting the butter on the pan first (I put it on the bread) or using shredded cheese. I'll give it a try

I also noticed that Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here records and how you just THROUGH THEM DOWN ON THE CHAIR LIKE A MANIAC.
    O Jack, you so crazy.

good vibes to you

thanks for nothing jack

Retired Staff

Nice interview dude. I like that Paul di'anno Maiden is pre-Bruce Maiden haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

FuturePrimitive

Easily one of the coolest cats in Colorado. Good stuff.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Remember JHH.

ruv u

Supreme Member

awesome interview broseph. i am now inspired to go make a grilled cheese sammich.

GET FREE SKATEBOARD STUFF
    sign up and get some points that are spendable on skate products just for using their search engine!

http://element.searchpluswin.com/?cm...ster&rb=783653

Quote Originally Posted by F#ckTheStreets View Post
    From what i've heard it's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Donovan-I don't understand what you said. I said I like Paul Di'anno Maiden more.
    Anon-I wanted to make jazz for the video. Or else I would have put on either of those. Fantastic records. Also I disagree with all the shredded grilled cheese haters out there. It makes it 3904092348 times better because the cheese that doesnt make it on the sandwich gets all crispy and when you turn it in the pan like I do, the bread picks all of it up an makes it super delicious. Hataz gonna hate.
    ‎"If you feel like pattin' your feet, pat your feet. And if you feel like clappin' your hands, clap your hands.
    If you feel like takin' off your shoes, take off your shoes. We are here to have a ball.
    So we want you to leave your worldly troubles outside, and come in here and swing."
    Art Blakey

Quote Originally Posted by Volcomsk8 View Post
    Hmmm...

ska.

Retired Staff

I meant instead of saying "I like Paul era Maiden" you referred to that time as "pre-Bruce" like his Paul's name is taboo. It's only Blaze that'll get Maiden fans grumpy haha

^o i c. Some Maiden "fans" don't even know who he is.
    ‎"If you feel like pattin' your feet, pat your feet. And if you feel like clappin' your hands, clap your hands.
    If you feel like takin' off your shoes, take off your shoes. We are here to have a ball.
    So we want you to leave your worldly troubles outside, and come in here and swing."
    Art Blakey

Hmmm...

ska.

Retired Staff

It's not as awkward as telling someone "up the irons!" and have them say what the **** in incredulous manners.

evil vibes

Great read and thanks for the shout out.

I lol'd sat your response to my spoon question.
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

awesome awesome interview dude

God

Cool interview jack, i knew you were a mellow cool dude before reading this but this has only cemented my opinion, one day id like to come visit colorado and have you show me what it has to offer

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Dr. Love

I think we have the same stereo, and I was just listen to Dark Side of the Moon last night, I don't have Wish You Were here though. Great interview btw, it was a good read.
    And Feelgood, if you come to Colorado, we will all definitely have to skate together.
    Every me and every Hsu.

I want to make the babies with you.
    Like Call of Duty? Click here. It's me, I do that for fun. Please subscribe : )

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Stop whining and sell the $700 voucher to someone, then use the cash to buy hookers and blow and smack the guard out and rail some lines off of his bloodied forehead whilst a hooker goes down on you.

Life, won.

I second the notion of a "Feelgood" Colorado Cafe sesh. cwutididthur?
    Art Blakey

Hmmm...

ska.