about my new skate

Thread: about my new skate

Default about my new skate

hey.

I'm going to usa in the middle of the year and i want to buy a new skate about 200 to 300 $... what u can recommend to me? i'm 5.5 feets, 132 lbs, and my foot size is 8,5

i will use the skate to do street and park

Do you skate now or are you just starting

Quote Originally Posted by Rafs View Post
    hey.

I'm going to usa in the middle of the year and i want to buy a new skate about 200 to 300 $... what u can recommend to me? i'm 5.5 feets, 132 lbs, and my foot size is 8,5

That's about the same size i was when i started skating, I had a deck that was 7.62 wide but i only skate street, so, i would advise you to be in the 7.8-8.0 range. if you plan on doing more park go wider. Get Indy trucks, Bones red bearings and blank wheels. The Deck brand is of personal preference, depending on your experiences with the brands. Buy any hardware, i buy shorties silver-ado's because i don't really care about it being colored it's just gunna rub off anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltman210 View Post
    Do you skate now or are you just starting
    I skate about 10 years... and i have 15 xD, but i've never had a good skate, cause here in the brazil this is so much expensive xD

Quote Originally Posted by akathecrash View Post
    That's about the same size i was when i started skating, I had a deck that was 7.62 wide but i only skate street, so, i would advise you to be in the 7.8-8.0 range. if you plan on doing more park go wider. Get Indy trucks, Bones red bearings and blank wheels. The Deck brand is of personal preference, depending on your experiences with the brands. Buy any hardware, i buy shorties silver-ado's because i don't really care about it being colored it's just gunna rub off anyways.
    man, the brands that i'm looking for, cause here i have a black sheep, and that was my first skate...
    what is the good USA brands, to i buy?
    Last edited by Rafs; 02-20-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafs View Post
    hey.

Dude you are literally the same size as I am, in everything. *Twilight Zone Music*.

It won't cost you anywhere near $200 here in the U.S.
    Maybe like $120 if you really want to splurge.
    For decks I would suggest a Girl, Enjoi, Almost, or Cliche. For size anything between 7.5-7.75 would be decent for your (which is also my) shoe size and wieght.

Trucks: Destructo's, Thunders or Independent's. Make sure they match your board width.

Wheels: Autobahn's or spitfire's between 52mm-50mm 99a-101a

Bearings: Can't go wrong with anything made by Bones. From my experiance this is where you should pay for the best. Bones Reds-Bones Swiss Labyriths depending on what you want to spend.

Grip tape:Mob, Jessup or Black Magic

I hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    Try to hit on her. If she doesn't like you, she'll probably hide when she sees you walk in. If she does, you will be "sponsored" by your shop's owner's daughter.
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Nght12 View Post
    Dude you are literally the same size as I am, in everything. *Twilight Zone Music*.

It won't cost you anywhere near $200 here in the U.S.
    Maybe like $120 if you really want to splurge.
    For decks I would suggest a Girl, Enjoi, Almost, or Cliche. For size anything between 7.5-7.75 would be decent for your (which is also my) shoe size and wieght.

Trucks: Destructo's, Thunders or Independent's. Make sure they match your board width.

Wheels: Autobahn's or spitfire's between 52mm-50mm 99a-101a

Bearings: Can't go wrong with anything made by Bones. From my experiance this is where you should pay for the best. Bones Reds-Bones Swiss Labyriths depending on what you want to spend.

Grip tape:Mob, Jessup or Black Magic

I hope this helped.
    i've had a lot of bad experiences with all of Spitefire's products, i wouldn't recommenced them. for deck brands i would say, Plan B, Habitat, Cliche, Alien Workshop and expedition. They have all been very reliable.

Thank u guys, with a little research I realise that a skate that here is 700$ there is less than 200$

lol

I dun see the time that i will be there, i can't wait

thank u