Hey! :)

Thread: Hey! :)

Default Hey! :)

Hey guys!

Ok... Well i guess i should introduce myself. ^_^
    My name's andrea, i live near paris in france and im 19 (going on 20). May be a little late to start learning skateboard, but i just couldnt help it.
    I watched lords of dogtown a few months ago, and have watched lots of peralta's documentaries. They all became my favorite videos to watch, and made me want to try it myself. Especially when hearing skateboarders describe the sensations of riding.
    I also have a few cousins back in the states (hawaii and seattle) that do surfing and skating (one was sponsored and won a few competitions) and watching them skate is a blast. Maybe one day ill be able to go with them.

So i hope ill find tips and advice on how to start, and that ill talk to friendly and helpful riders too.

Banned

Hey! Welcome to the site!

Welcome Andrea,

Sounds like you gained interest from the right guys(Alva, Peralta,all the z boys/d-town crews). Not those socal kids in their tight pants, shoe lace belts, and flannel tees.

You came to the right forum, there's plenty of beginner advice and friendly members here. Hope you stay around.

Hi! I'm also 20 and just decided to start skateboarding. Hope it's not too late for us :P

Yes!!!!!! I started at 19 too, it's been a year now but keep your chin up. Let's chat~!!! Keep each other's spirits up.

Banned

Welcome.

I started skating when I was 17 then stopped and now I'm back at it and couldn't be more excited about it

DJyoyoLilDyls

Welcome to the Cafe !

Hey!

I got into skateboarding pretty late too. (I basically started last summer, only being able to ollie, shuv etc.) And if theres one thing I learned it's that, in view of progressing as a skater, it doesnt matter how many YEARS you skate, but how MUCH you skate.

A guy/girl skating everyday for a year is likely to be better than the guy/girl whos "skated" for years, but clicks around on youtube all day and only gets on the board once every other week. (that being said, there is helpful skate-tips on youtube).

GL with your skating!