The Official "Why do we have This section"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official "Why do we have This section"

Default The Official "Why do we have This section"

With all of the topics that have been posted on this, it seems like we should all sum it up into one thread. It'd be nice to have a sticky on this as you see fit.

1.) What is a Christian skateboarder? A Christian skateboarder is simply a Christian that skates.

2.) Why do we have a forum on this? The majority of the users in this forum are Christians. Dogtown (the owner of the site) saw fit to make this section, so what he says goes. And just like he always says, "As long as I'm paying the bills, we're keeping this section." It's just a place for people who skate, and are Christians to come talk about their faith and recieve encouragement and discuss things.

3.) What's different about a normal skater and a Christian skateboarder? Oftentimes Christian skaters give the glory to God, rather than themselves. This means they give credit to God for allowing them these skills. Other than that, there's really no difference.

You can discuss the subject in this thread, but please don't make any more on the subject. Hope that clears things up a bit!
    Stationary shove it while not even rolling club: Daniel Jones

Awesome Daniel! Ill make it a sticky.

that was good DJ!

Daniel, you should be able to sticky threads yourself. Go to thread tools: Stick thread.

For those who are still uptight about this christian section, come discuss your thoughts in my stomping ground for other religions located here.

as long as you guys keep it clean (no discrimination) I dont care.

i think its awesome to have skateboarding in your life and to give the glory to God.

amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by Fremry
    Daniel, you should be able to sticky threads yourself. Go to thread tools: Stick thread.

For those who are still uptight about this christian section, come discuss your thoughts in my stomping ground for other religions located here.
    I can make stickies, but at the time of posting this I was a brand new mod, and I don't have mod-ship over the Christian forum, so I didn't want to go usurping authority or anything if they didn't think it was neccesary.

great guide daniel. i am not a christian myself, but even us non christians should'nt just give all the glory to ourselfs.
    R.I.P. Jake "JHH" Miller. Always remember those late night Halo 3 drunk as balls matches!

faith plays a major part in my skating

same with me christian music is too. i'm new to this site.

^Yeah, for sure.

Where do you live? What state? I live in Indiana, and noticed you said you lived in the midwest.

I live in iowa it's so BORING!!

great idea to make this, well done.

New to the forums here. I think it is awesome that there are so many Skaters willing to display their faith. My prayers are with you all.

Thanks DJ. Now people dont have to gripe about why this forum is here.

I'm a Christian. I'm just not a Christian Skater. Do you get what i mean?

DUDE THIS IS SICK! i'm christian too, but i never knew that ppls here are Xian. XD sweeeet. i've come to the right place. haha.

very well put, but if we have christian skateboarders, then shouldnt we have agnostic and athiest skateboarding sections as well.

3.) What's different about a normal skater and a Christian skateboarder? Oftentimes Christian skaters give the glory to God, rather than themselves. This means they give credit to God for allowing them these skills. Other than that, there's really no difference.

i see nothing wrong with people giving credit to god for allowing them there skills. but should you be proud of yourself and give yourself some credit for having those skills. cause your the one learning the tricks and taking the time to do it right
    Killin it

Quote Originally Posted by toyMACHINE
    very well put, but if we have christian skateboarders, then shouldnt we have agnostic and athiest skateboarding sections as well.

i see nothing wrong with people giving credit to god for allowing them there skills. but should you be proud of yourself and give yourself some credit for having those skills. cause your the one learning the tricks and taking the time to do it right

I see what you mean, I used to think the same thing before I found Christ. Christian skaters should give the glory to God for allowing them to have the ability to skate, because some people are born with health problems or some other kind of problems and therefore don't have the ability to skate.

EDIT: Wow. Sorry didn't realize nobody has posted here in a while