The Official "Why do we have This section" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official "Why do we have This section"

im a Christian skater and i think its the best

[QUOTE=Daniel Jones]

3.) What's different about a normal skater and a Christian skateboarder? Oftentimes Christian skaters give the glory to God, rather than themselves. This means they give credit to God for allowing them these skills. Other than that, there's really no difference.
    [QUOTE]

christian skaters are better.

for proof, look at the biggest and best top pros.

I think this is a great board to be able to get on and share your faith with others.

[QUOTE=SkataBOI][QUOTE=Daniel Jones]

3.) What's different about a normal skater and a Christian skateboarder? Oftentimes Christian skaters give the glory to God, rather than themselves. This means they give credit to God for allowing them these skills. Other than that, there's really no difference.

This is unfair. There are way more Christians than any other religion here in the United States.
    Stationary shove it while not even rolling club: Daniel Jones

Er... So just Christians are allowed to post here?

[QUOTE=SkataBOI][QUOTE=Daniel Jones]

really ? christians skaters are better? better at what? being Christian or being skaters? and howcome we only have a christians skaters thing and not a jewish skaters or muslim skaters. is it because CHRISTIANS ARE BETTER? im not trying to be rude but thats jus kinda wierd

Tyler Self

We only have a Christian skater section because that's the way Ray set it up. If you don't like it, take it up with him. We have an "Other religious topics" section under the religion and politics section.

okay cool, thats what i wanted to know

Why can't we have a "Religious Skaters" forum? IMO, it's a bit selective to completely exclude all other faiths that influence their skating.

We did. It was ran by Fremry. I think we still do but it just vanished though.

that definitely didnt answer my question on the thread i made. why is it CHRISTIAN and not other religions? yes it might be the assumed majority on the site, but you're still excluding other religions which is not fair. also, what is the point of putting those two together? why not make a section for skaters who listen to rock music? or skaters who have long hair? or skaters who like pizza? this section is pointless and acts as a barrier between Christians and non Christians on the site, which is probably the worst thing in my opinion about religion in general (the way it separates people.)

[QUOTE=SkataBOI;438310][QUOTE=Daniel Jones]

I am a Christian, but as much as i would like to believe that it sounds way to ignorant.

that's like saying, "no muslims skateboard"
    [IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/dmooers1/sig-1.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE="7"][B][I][U][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/U][/I][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]way to go a**hole, you read it.[/SIZE]

[url]http://the-lot.zxq.net/[/url]

[B]join up.[/B]

Tyler Self

Quote Originally Posted by new_skater99 View Post
    that definitely didnt answer my question on the thread i made. why is it CHRISTIAN and not other religions? yes it might be the assumed majority on the site, but you're still excluding other religions which is not fair. also, what is the point of putting those two together? why not make a section for skaters who listen to rock music? or skaters who have long hair? or skaters who like pizza? this section is pointless and acts as a barrier between Christians and non Christians on the site, which is probably the worst thing in my opinion about religion in general (the way it separates people.)
    Because that is the way the owner of this site made it. This isn't seperation of church and state, this is a privately owned forum.

[QUOTE=SkataBOI;438310][QUOTE=Daniel Jones]

I wanna punch you

Your religion does not define how good you are
    YOU DO, and if you chose to thank god for YOUR hard word and perserverance, go for it
    but just don't say that because they are christians they are automatically better

^ I totally agree, there are a lot of Christian pros (Jamie Thomas, Chad Muska to name a couple) but to say that being Christians is what makes them better is rather upsetting... I'm a Christian myself and was pretty taken back by that statement. We attribute the ability to skate or do anything to God but there's talented people of every belief because God doesn't show preferential treatment when it comes to athletic ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ christian skaters would be the best, they just have to sell their soul to the devil. lol
    hey, it works for musicians
    -------------------------------------------
    [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time may be money but your money won't buy time -JT[/FONT][/COLOR]

Default umm i guess i should let you all know

skateboarding = a disregard for life just in case you guys forgot, due to the fact your putting yourself in harms way, same with sports , i would not put the two together skating + god. then again its about your own consious

also if christian skateboarders were better then normal ones, then god would be partial and we'd all be screwed
    Last edited by Louwio; 05-11-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Louwio View Post
    skateboarding = a disregard for life just in case you guys forgot, due to the fact your putting yourself in harms way, same with sports , i would not put the two together skating + god. then again its about your own consious

also if christian skateboarders were better then normal ones, then god would be partial and we'd all be screwed
    holy ****ing ****, who teaches you all this garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by Louwio View Post

You are one functionally disturbed individual.

Default SKATERS go to Heaven

Where is everybody? Christian skaters rock! So do agnostic and athiest skaters. I just ope that more of ALL of us find out about how to SKATE in Heaven!!