Mall cop Brutality-should i sue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mall cop Brutality-should i sue?

You could do either. The whole thing is already over with as it is, so maybe just leave it alone and let it be. Or you could take it to court again and try to win even more money which would take more time and effort to actually accomplish. It's all up to you I'd say.
    And you live in NYC? What mall is this at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bencker
    When i read his nickname i always picture a mexican with a big hat holding a waffle ^^

^^^^^^ DO IT NOW. Its better than Element

Gravity Slave Moderator

There is no excuse for them using violence in any manner if you were really leaving and making it obvious to all that this was your intention.

However...I'm finding it hard to believe that they knocked you down and broke your board for doing absolutely nothing. Either you said something to set them off like calling the mall cop "Blaunt" or something like that, you had a history of conflict or arguing with them, or they mistook you for someone else that did.

Regardless, your options are to take their offer. If you already did than you probably can't sue at this point.

or:

Try to get more.

I'd take the offer simply because they have invited you back in to the mall where you can rub it in to the folks that broke your board.. go show them your new deck. If you would rather never see them again then go ahead and escalate it. If you escalate they will likely be fired so you won't be able to taunt them about your gain and their loss.

Veteran Member

I would at least go talk to a lawyer. It's moves like this that keep separating classes. They think you are just some poor guy that $700 will take care of. If the story went down like you said it should be worth a bit more. My brother in law had a similar incident he walked away with $12,000. Personally I think it's a lot more about ethics then money. Someone should certainly lose their job and the police should apologize if they arrested you without reason.
    Once again I would make sure everything went down as you described it before I pursue any farther settlement.

So this is what American and the world has turned into? Everyone wants to sue everyone this is why American has turned into the SH#T hole it is today.

I'm not saying you should, but you could get loads from suing them.

I heard there was a family who sued Disney for millions because they saw a Mickey Mouse mascot take his costume off. Apparently the son suffered "emotional trauma" because he didn't realize there was a human under the costumes.

Surely, if they can sue for $$$ then so can you?

If I was in your shoes, I'd stick with the $700 though...
    People who should be shot:

Fascist Thugs
    Religious Fundamentalists
    People who write lists on who should be shot.

$700 and you said no?
    wtf

Gravity Slave Moderator

No Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Paij View Post
    So this is what American and the world has turned into? Everyone wants to sue everyone this is why American has turned into the SH#T hole it is today.
    Just America! Nothing of this sueing everyone lark in the UK! Although I wouldn't complain at $700...
    Check out my channel SMBH:

Oh, THAT guy...

Sue.

Sue lots.

IF it went down exactly how you said it did a) the guard should get an assault charge, b) the mall owes you for hiring a maniac, but ONLY if they had reason to believe he could have been a nut. That part might be hard to prove.

Turbo Raptor!

Stop whining and sell the $700 voucher to someone, then use the cash to buy hookers and blow and smack the guard out and rail some lines off of his bloodied forehead whilst a hooker goes down on you.

Life, won.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Supreme Member

what did you do for the rentacop to do that to you?

and you'll probably spend more then $700 going to court getting a lawyer and the time you'll waste.

some people are so eager to sue to get money off of someone

Last edited by Talkofthatown91; 05-20-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    There's a like panel of Judges in skateboarding you know? the dudes who deem its cool then its cool-Marc Johnson

Nowadays I just think its just what the biggest rail and who can do the most tricks. It's more like hammers hammers hammers on videos rather then pushing -Nate Jones

Watchin videos I'd watch more about people how they did the trick then the trick they were doing-Nate Jones

Unless you have hard evidence, just let it go and take the $700
    DeathBros

If you already declined the $700 take them back to court and try to get more.

Retired Staff

Should've took the $700 and bought a new set-up from the mall and than have pocket change for hookers.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

The mall cop could lose his job and you can get probably at least 5 stacks depending on how smart you are about it. If you do start doing this go to a chiropractor and start saying you have back pains you could use it against them.

I wouldn't want to go through all the stress and work.

Do not look for legal advice in this forum. Give a quick call to a lawyer, or ask family members for a recommendation for a lawyer. I am very disturbed by this story, it sounds like you were treated unconstitutionally / illegally, and it seems to me that the $700 was to buy you off.

Mindy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Stop whining and sell the $700 voucher to someone, then use the cash to buy hookers and blow and smack the guard out and rail some lines off of his bloodied forehead whilst a hooker goes down on you.

Life, won.
    bahahhahahahahahahahha siggged
    Like Call of Duty? Click here. It's me, I do that for fun. Please subscribe : )

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post

Life, won.

I say go after them. You will spend the 700$ and regret not trying to do more.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Sail Hatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
    Do not look for legal advice in this forum. Give a quick call to a lawyer, or ask family members for a recommendation for a lawyer. I am very disturbed by this story, it sounds like you were treated unconstitutionally / illegally, and it seems to me that the $700 was to buy you off.

Mindy
    Thats good and all, but why listen to a WOMAN.