best camcorder for filming? (detailed) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best camcorder for filming? (detailed)

vspongecomedy kinda reminds me of enjoi2.
    Only in Wisconsin can you have heat stroke one day, then frost bite the next day.

you guys have brightened up my day with your bickering
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    Yup. $18 for a blank, $40 for a lap dance, then $2 to buy a towel to wipe away your self regret. I do it a lot.

well thank you brandon, that would be helpful, just to help clear things up a bit
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by skatez View Post
    you guys have brightened up my day with your bickering
    thanks!
    well you are more than welcome skatez! we're here to entertain what can i say! isn't that right brandon?????

haha me and brandon go way back

xxxxx

Retired Staff

nah i don't association with you people.

you don't association with us people?

ayeeeee. This fired up. I decided on the 7d now haha. getting a 18-135 lens and a roiken (not so sure on the name) fisheye lens when I have the money. I'm looking forward taking photos as well. btw I saw some of the stupid argument and the other guy is just saying what he thinks best, but I kinda disagree... camera caddie + 7d + nice editing = insane.
    I live to drink Dr. pepper.

I'm with brandon on this one.

yeah frosty pretty much nailed it, he asked for opinions and i gave mine, his money, he decided to go down the dslr route, no biggie, 7d is ****ing sexy as well, if i had the money i'd buy one, so fair play xxx

Vx2100 Classic...
    Steeze = STYLE AND EASE .

Default save up

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    I'd get a panasonic or sony, but I would stray away from DSLRs. Camcorders are so much better for actual filming. They have a form factor dedicated to filming, not photography. You won't have to hold it awkwardly, and camcorders (especially in the $1500 range) have so many features that a DSLR won't. Rolling shutter is also really really really noticeable on most DSLRs. And when you change the f-stop, it's not fluid. There are lots of issues with filming with a DSLR.
    I agree 100% about DSLR's I would save my nickels and get into Sony HDR AX2000 of the NX cam. GREAT little cameras!

Haha wow I sounded like a damn noob. If anyone is still looking at this for advice don't get the canon 7d. Get the sony a77.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_EOS_7D-vs-Sony-A77

I just wanted to test it out and made a very rough skate video (spent like a hour editing.) I'll post a link. (p.s I forgot to cancel the audio at the slo mo at the end. Like I said pretty sketchy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swJ2MnVihKk

nice...

Man the T2i is a great camera but if you are willing to spend like 1500 I suggest you look into buying a used Canon 5D mkII (off kijiji or whatever). First off its a true 1080p camera, the quality is good enough for straight to air(TV) pieces. Plus there are a variety of wicked lens you can add. but that's just my two cents.

Realistically lens are where a majority of the money is. the cost for the glass. Don't get me wrong though I shoot with the T2i and I have a Rokinon 8mm fisheye lens along with the Opteka X-grip and I love it.

Anyways before I go off topic anymore, you can get the nicest camera for 1500 and it would be great but you have to keep in mind lens are the thing that costs a lot more than you think.

I hope I helped
    Cheers

Retired Staff

only downside to getting a FF camera for cheap is you're not going to get the lenses for cheap

Quote Originally Posted by mrskatehigh View Post
    i mean vx2000 sounds good im pretty sure its hd too soo ur good home slice
    or maybe get a cannon 550D
    vx2000 is definitely not HD.

I'd say sony trv-900 with a screw on mk1. That's what I have and I love the quality. Only problem is a mk1 screw on is hard to find, I got mine like 8 years ago on eBay. other wise i'd say the vx-2000 or 2100 with mk1 bayo. now they make bayo rings but you buy them separately so you don't have to file the original one down like people used to do. I like the og vx1000 with the mk1 but they are unreliable and i always here of them breaking down like mine did. I have had the canon Gl1 with a mk2 and it wasn't bad besides the audio being grainy and it got stolen before I got my mk1 lens so I never got to try it with that. I wouldn't get an hd camera though. Look at corey kennedy's line in "pretty sweet" where his last trick is a half cab front feeble. They used an hd camera and the way it adjusts to difference in lighting in the middle of the line looks horrible. HD is only good for super slow mo imo. It looks too jittery to me. And don't get a mk2 death lens because the red lens flares look horrible.

Hey you can you offer me such interesting films about skating ??