Ras Tafari
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ras Tafari

Default Ras Tafari

Is one cool cat. Thoughts and opinions?

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

A lot of people use the Rastafari movement as an excuse to smoke pot, then they usually know nothing about it. Personally, I'm indifferent towards it. If somebody was actually involved in it, I wouldn't care, but the little high schoolers who do what I said above are just stupid, annoying and pretentious.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

I and I is a wonderful concept the Rastafaris use. The Rastas are great people. Yet, I agree with TGI's statement that many kids claim the beliefs without any knowledge of anything besides their relation to marijuana. Personally, this turns me away from the movement. But at the same time, I relate closely to the actual philosophy of the Rastas. I have also met a small handful of people(4-6) that are legitimately apart of the faith and they were some of the most honest, caring, and righteous individuals I've ever met.(far beyond the average "pure" christian)

Gravity Slave Moderator

Any spiritual discipline that helps someone stay aware of the impact of their footprint and actions on others and thus more considerate is great. Different strokes work for different folks. In the end it is actions and how we treat others (results) that matter more than whatever we call God or relate to. Only problem I see with a little pot is that it gets folks arrested and/or fired.

I claim Rastafarian without having a religious faith. I just use his teachings as a sort of guideline..although I do indulge in smoking marijuana, that has nothing to do with Rastafarianism, except the way I pass my joint and some of the music I listen to.

deleted...............
    Last edited by Plp; 05-02-2021 at 09:40 AM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196717_175241652522897_100001111910991_385868_7508104_n.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MattxLustt View Post
    I claim Rastafarian without having a religious faith. I just use his teachings as a sort of guideline.
    And that's exactly what most people that DO claim to have religious faith also do LOL!

Veteran Member

True Rastafari dislike the term Rastafarian and consider it insulting to be called such. I always think it's humorous when white kids try to act like a Rasta do some research, many are strongly against whites and the whole western civilization. I too am happy when people find something that makes them better but my experiences are that 99% of people that claim to be rasta have no idea what they are talking about. I am by no means an expert on the religion but when one of my sons wanted dreads I thought I would check every thing that dreads were associated with and learned a good little bit about the religion. It's always interesting to find what others believe in. My son is always called little rasta man by people that don't know him and I at once correct them that we are in no way part of that religion but the term rasta means dread locks and smoking pot to most people.

deleted...............
    Last edited by Plp; 05-02-2021 at 09:40 AM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196717_175241652522897_100001111910991_385868_7508104_n.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

JeremeRogers.

Matt changes his beliefs more then he changes his undies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitta Blonde View Post
    there you go jaames... i voted for you!!

youre lucky i love ya!!!
    8 Months

Didn't say it was a belief. Just asking what people I thought. I claim to follow that life style, because it's how I've lived for a long time. I asked people what they thought of Satanism. Doesn't mean I wanted to be it. I went from Christian to non-religious. I just like to live like Rastas. Peaceful, happy, and accepting.

Something wrong with that?

pasta-fari is where its at...

http://www.venganza.org/

imho all religion,no matter whether rasta,christian,hindu,muslim or anything else is an affront to the intelligence of any free thinking human being,and the sooner we all give up the ridiculous notion of a superoir being,heaven,hell etc and all the blind acceptance,hate and murder etc that is done in the name of (insert religion here) the better.

Scrubs Nerd

SMOKE WEED AND BOB MARLEY 4 LIFE

RIP

Supreme Member

Haven't you gone through like 5-6 religions already? you keep relabeling yourself every few months. It sounds like you keep looking for some label that matches how you think and "live", when the reality is you think and live as any other teen in america. What's the point?

Veteran Member

I find most people find a religion or church that meets a lifestyle they feel comfortable with. Instead of one that makes them better people. I'm sure many people will argue the other way but this is my opinion from my life experiences.

IAMCANADIAN

i'd rather have someone change their belief 1000 times than a Christian or Muslim who adamantly cling like ivy in face of enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by McCrank View Post
    Haven't you gone through like 5-6 religions already? you keep relabeling yourself every few months. It sounds like you keep looking for some label that matches how you think and "live", when the reality is you think and live as any other teen in america. What's the point?
    Like I just said to Jaames, I did not label myself. I said "Ras Tafari is one cool cat. Thoughts?"

In no way shape or form did that imply that I am now a Rastafarian. Claiming Ras Tafari and being a Rastafarian are different. If I was truly a Rastafarian, I would be insulted by being called a Rastafarian. Do your research.

I'll also add this:
    I am not religious. Never will be again. I refuse to conform to a religion, because if you are following a "church", you are no longer your own person. Agnostic is what I am, and what I will stay.

Veteran Member

Like I just said to Jaames, I did not label myself. I said "Ras Tafari is one cool cat. Thoughts?"

In no way shape or form did that imply that I am now a Rastafarian. Claiming Ras Tafari and being a Rastafarian are different. If I was truly a Rastafarian, I would be insulted by being called a Rastafarian. Do your research.

I'll also add this:
    I am not religious. Never will be again. I refuse to conform to a religion, because if you are following a "church", you are no longer your own person. Agnostic is what I am, and what I will stay.
    I strongly disagree with what you are saying. I follow a religion very closely and I am every bit my own self. What is it that would take away from being ones self? You think because I choose to follow standards that make me happier and keep negative things out of my life that some how makes me ignorant or less then yourself? I have strong religious opinions which I share with those that would like to hear them. I don't make judgments on others for their decision to believe or not believe in something. Why is so cool all of a sudden to hate on other peoples religions. I think that is the most ignorant behavior there is.

you can't tell me that the majority of Christians don't hate on non-religious people.

Especially here in the bible belt, where I live, I am called a devil worshipper for having stretched ears.

Gravity Slave Moderator

you can't tell me that the majority of Christians don't hate on non-religious people.

Especially here in the bible belt, where I live, I am called a devil worshipper for having stretched ears.
    For Fundies they usually just try to justify the"hate" by saying they "feel sorry for the poor sinners" instead of "hate them". But I get the vibe that they harbor deep down resentments in reality..