Bondo and Cement

Thread: Bondo and Cement

Towlie Says

Default Bondo and Cement

Where I skate, there's no convenient skate park I can get to, and no sweet ditches that are skateable. However, there are plenty of rundown old ditches here that have straight walls. I've done some work with concrete before, so I was going to ask the cafe, is it possible to use some cement and bondo to convert a rectangular ditch into a small mini ramp kind of setup? I don't think it would be that hard to pile it up in a curve, maybe using some kind of bent board to keep the surface smooth while it dries.

What do you guys think? Has anyone done anything like this before? Advice?

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I'm not speaking from experience, but I don't see how it wouldn't be possible. They do random stuff like that on Built to Shred all the time.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Towlie Says

yo, found a nice description of how to do this:

http://forums.skateperception.com/in...&#entry3916896

i can't wait. it's going to be so sick to have a nice little mini ramp to sesh out on and chill.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    2. Stop with the references to your weed smoking. They serve no purpose in a skateboarding forum.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Altering a roadside ditch with concrete or anything else can probably get tossed in jail for defacing public property. If you leave wood in there and it ends up clogging something down the way and flooding results there will be hell to pay.

Sail Hatan.

Stick your **** in the cement.

Veteran Member

You can do anything you want with crete. I have been on quite a few diy projects and have never been approached. We even did a diy in the middle of town in a ditch. We just all showed up with orange vests on so we looked legit find a cone or two and you look even more official. The key thing when shaping concrete is to make sure the surface you are attaching it to is clean of any paint or anything the will defoliate down the road causing you ramp to crumble. You don't need wood to smooth it just a trowel. There are a ton of diy sites just google diy skatepark. Good luck.

Towlie Says

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    You can do anything you want with crete. I have been on quite a few diy projects and have never been approached. We even did a diy in the middle of town in a ditch. We just all showed up with orange vests on so we looked legit find a cone or two and you look even more official. The key thing when shaping concrete is to make sure the surface you are attaching it to is clean of any paint or anything the will defoliate down the road causing you ramp to crumble. You don't need wood to smooth it just a trowel. There are a ton of diy sites just google diy skatepark. Good luck.
    thanks man! great ideas about the roadwork appearance. although honestly this is a broken down overgrown ditch no one cares about, so it should be fine. i'm mad stoked to be able to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Altering a roadside ditch with concrete or anything else can probably get tossed in jail for defacing public property. If you leave wood in there and it ends up clogging something down the way and flooding results there will be hell to pay.
    lol. *rolls eyes* thanks, mrs. cleaver.
    2. Stop with the references to your weed smoking. They serve no purpose in a skateboarding forum.

I got no experience with concrete but isnt that expensive ? My advice is that if you or maybe some of your friends live in a house with a backyard you could build a miniramp or something like that !
    Break The Norm

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 420Ripper View Post
    lol. *rolls eyes* thanks, mrs. cleaver.
    She'll be the one to use her cell phone "illegally" to call the cops when she sees your little construction project.

I guess you could try wearing hard hats and orange hunting vests while working on it. But, some goodie two shoes will mos def call the popo eventually.

FuturePrimitive

Those kids messed up by vandalizing the spot and breaking windows. Back in the day, a big sporting goods place closed down in the middle of town. Kids broke in through a back vent, but did it with a screwdriver and left the vent covering the hole even though it was loose. Eventually they broke the lock on one of the front doors, but left all the glass and everything intact. Inside it was cool (the A/C still worked), and nothing but smooth concrete throughout. Had it for a full summer before K-Mart moved in.

There's a DIY thread around here somewhere, but I couldn't find it in a search.
    Last edited by Noj; 07-27-2011 at 03:22 PM.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noj View Post
    Those kids messed up by vandalizing the spot and breaking windows.
    Yep, what people don't know won't likely hurt them or you. Skated a few back yard pools at vacant houses in the past. But, whenever we hung out someplace where people saw what we were up to the fun usually ended quickly and sometimes badly.

Towlie Says

Quote Originally Posted by Noj View Post
    Those kids messed up by vandalizing the spot and breaking windows. Back in the day, a big sporting goods place closed down in the middle of town. Kids broke in through a back vent, but did it with a screwdriver and left the vent covering the hole even though it was loose. Eventually they broke the lock on one of the front doors, but left all the glass and everything intact. Inside it was cool (the A/C still worked), and nothing but smooth concrete throughout. Had it for a full summer before K-Mart moved in.

There's a DIY thread around here somewhere, but I couldn't find it in a search.
    sounds like a dope spot. i was looking for diy online specifically about making transitions out of crete, and i think i got what i'm looking for. it should be pretty easy; i'll post back on this thread afterwards and let you dudes know what my mistakes were or what i would do the next time.