Cycling
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycling

Hybrid View

Default Cycling

I made a bike thread a while ago, but I don't feel like finding it. Might be in archives by now.

ANYWAY, share your bikes and cycling-related life stories. Includes everything from BMX to mountain bikes, as long as it has two wheels and some pedals.

I just got a new (to me) road bike today. So incredibly stoked to ride.
    Any fool can make a rule and any fool will mind it.

Boss

I love riding bikes, even though I haven't In a good minute.
    I remember back in the day with my friends building jumps going downhill surrounded by trees. Brings back good memories of not just riding the bikes but having orange fights, skating, playing B ball etc and etc. We have a nice park near my house.
    Good feelings. I'd like to get a new bike but I just have the money for things like that atm.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

That's a really nice bike. I just ride around on an 80 dollar Walmart mountain bike. It's good enough for what I use it for, morning bike rides around town to just get a little exercise.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jay View Post
    I love riding bikes, even though I haven't In a good minute.
    I remember back in the day with my friends building jumps going downhill surrounded by trees. Brings back good memories of not just riding the bikes but having orange fights, skating, playing B ball etc and etc. We have a nice park near my house.
    Good feelings. I'd like to get a new bike but I just have the money for things like that atm.
    Yeah man, that's what it's all about. When I'm out riding and I arrive in a town I've never been to, I get the same feeling I got back when I was a kid exploring my hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    That's a really nice bike. I just ride around on an 80 dollar Walmart mountain bike. It's good enough for what I use it for, morning bike rides around town to just get a little exercise.
    Riding comes first, your equipment comes second. I've ridden my fair share of stinkers. I got this one for a screamin' good deal on Craigslist. It's pretty much my dream bike. It's got about $600 worth of components, and the frame retails for $850 without a fork. Got the whole thing for $800 (had to sell my other bikes to afford it... lol).

Road bikes are expensive man. My father has countless road bikes. He's been riding for about 40 years now. I can't imagine how much money hes spent on them... One that he has is a full carbon fiber frame, and carbon fork, all custom... Which would probably run you about 10-20k I'm guessing, maybe more?. I had a trek about 4 years ago, but stopped riding. My dad was too hardcore to ride with. Now, I ride a mongoose mountain bike about 3 times a week, about 40 miles each time. It's great exercise and I love just riding around and getting lost, and GPSing it back home haha. I'm new to Florida, but it's got some great places to ride.

I want something like this :

EatSleepSkate

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel View Post
    One that he has is a full carbon fiber frame, and carbon fork, all custom... Which would probably run you about 10-20k I'm guessing, maybe more?.
    Road bikes are expensive, but that's ridiculous (but understandable lol)

My friend who owns a bike shop just got a brand new Felt Carbon Monocoque frameset (full carbon frame, fork, etc), he said it would normally cost about 4k but he got it for 2k (since he's a Felt dealer they gave him a huge discount.)

I actually own a fixed gear (Kilo TT) that I'll post picture of later. I do about 20 miles a ride (randomly/sporadically through the week whenever my friends want to ride) but I can't ride because I have some bad road rash on my knees/sprained ankle. My friends are going on a 60 milers on Sunday that I really want to go on, but oh well there will be others.
    If you don't mind please take 2 minutes to vote for me in this photography contest - http://t.co/zduAxPw

Quote Originally Posted by Higher-Class View Post
    I made a bike thread a while ago, but I don't feel like finding it. Might be in archives by now.

ANYWAY, share your bikes and cycling-related life stories. Includes everything from BMX to mountain bikes, as long as it has two wheels and some pedals.

Really like this bike. I usually ride older bmx bikes but been interested in getting a road bike like this. How much did it run you? I think I might have to do some googling.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownRon View Post
    Really like this bike. I usually ride older bmx bikes but been interested in getting a road bike like this. How much did it run you? I think I might have to do some googling.
    Yeah man, that's what it's all about. When I'm out riding and I arrive in a town I've never been to, I get the same feeling I got back when I was a kid exploring my hometown.

Riding comes first, your equipment comes second. I've ridden my fair share of stinkers. I got this one for a screamin' good deal on Craigslist. It's pretty much my dream bike. It's got about $600 worth of components, and the frame retails for $850 without a fork. Got the whole thing for $800 (had to sell my other bikes to afford it... lol).
    Reading the entire post helps lol :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel View Post
    Reading the entire post helps lol :-p
    Yeah it does. Haha. I was quick browsing on my phone. Seen he didn't say a price in original post. Now that you called me out on it I noticed the other post of his.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Did my first organized group ride yesterday... learned a LOT. I'm tagging along with a local race team ride this Sunday. My idea is that if I don't get dropped, I'll have a chance of getting on the team.

EatSleepSkate

Did my first organized group ride yesterday... learned a LOT. I'm tagging along with a local race team ride this Sunday. My idea is that if I don't get dropped, I'll have a chance of getting on the team.
    How far and how fast?

And good luck, hopefully you make the team!
    If you don't mind please take 2 minutes to vote for me in this photography contest - http://t.co/zduAxPw

Quote Originally Posted by prind0 View Post
    How far and how fast?

And good luck, hopefully you make the team!
    Thanks! It's different every week. Usually 65-75 miles. I'm guessing around 22-25 mph pace with sprints and shenanigans (little races, random sprints, etc.). It's supposed to be a really friendly, inviting ride, but they go pretty hard.

EatSleepSkate

Thanks! It's different every week. Usually 65-75 miles. I'm guessing around 22-25 mph pace with sprints and shenanigans (little races, random sprints, etc.). It's supposed to be a really friendly, inviting ride, but they go pretty hard.
    Wow, that's far/fast. Props to you for being able to keep up with them. I have trouble keeping up with my friends doing 90 minute rides at 18 mph >.>

angry, young & beautiful

my favourite thing to do when passing a cyclist is to pass way to close so hes pushed up against the curb and then open the passenger door and hit him. bonus points if he ends up under the tire at some point
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltageSk8r View Post
    my favourite thing to do when passing a cyclist is to pass way to close so hes pushed up against the curb and then open the passenger door and hit him. bonus points if he ends up under the tire at some point
    I feel like doing that when cyclists around here ride RIGHT outside the bike lane, in the road, blocking traffic! Bugs the hell out of me!!! There is a BIKE LANE, USE IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by SK8in'PJ View Post
    I feel like doing that when cyclists around here ride RIGHT outside the bike lane, in the road, blocking traffic! Bugs the hell out of me!!! There is a BIKE LANE, USE IT!!
    Come on guys. Yes, there are retarded cyclists on our roads. That is not what this thread is about.

I bike smart and follow all the rules, but I encounter motorists who don't know what they **** they're doing every single day. Want to hear some of my stories? Didn't think so. I don't want to hear yours, either.

Look out dude, I carry a finely honed Smith&Wesson spring loaded dual action pocket knife just for slashing tires. Haven't had to use it yet, but looks like the opportunity might present itself when I tour Canada.

angry, young & beautiful

i can't wait! <3
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Damn, that looks like a sweet bike. Digging the handle bars. Where'd you get them?

uhm