Official Longboarding Thread - Page 98
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 1950

Thread: Official Longboarding Thread

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by longboardreview View Post
    I have a question which wheels are best for beginners?
    Literally anything. Any wheel on the market will do to learn the basics.

Skate Pirate

I'm spamming the internet with my blog:
    https://shopmonkey.wordpress.com/
    Check out the tags for Equipment Reviews...I've got everything I had backed up from Silverfish reposted and reuploaded to Wordpress.

It seems like the two are just going to end up blending.
    Shred 38/Hightailer type boards with Indys/50* RKPs and 65ishmm wheels.
    Right now skateboards are cool but are totally worthless to push around or go down hills on and longboards pretty much suck unless you have a boatload of space.

I mean you'll always have dedicated street setups and gnarly dh boards but I think this is definitely the direction things are headed. Not towards stupid double kick dropped freeride boards. Longboarders dkt practice test keep trying to get their boards smaller and skaters keep getting wider and heavier trucks and bigger decks. I mean people are skating 8.5" popsicles and Indy 149/169s when just a few years ago from what I can gather it was all about 7.5" decks and light low trucks.

It's scary how good these people are. I mean what the heck.
    Last edited by TovinoThomas; 10-18-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reo View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a long board soon, a audacity temp mail origin 9 or whatever. I seriously need something good to cruise on, and long boards seem pretty fast/fun with the sliding as well.
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.
    Last edited by fsos1; 11-02-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Anybody got the history of the pintail and what's the point of the point? I've never owned one up til now, prefer a slight kick for finishing turns on the rear wheels when I run out of room. Will give a pintail a shot though. Any reason for that shape other than aesthetics?

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Anybody got the history of the pintail and what's the point of the point? I've never owned one up til now, prefer a slight kick for finishing turns on the rear wheels when I run out of room. Will give a pintail a shot though. Any reason for that shape other than aesthetics?
    It's mostly aesthetics; a throwback to surfboards and surf culture when boards were mostly handmade. There's a little bit of function where the shape has some inherent dampening flex at the front and rear trucks. But, take the standard pintail shape and add some plies, and you get a shape like a Dregs Alpine and a Sector9 Bombhills or Goddess; truncate those shapes a little and you get the Dregs Race and Sector9 Race (all 5 boards were made in the same press, at Sector9's facility). Stick with the standard pintail shape, add a little bit of modern engineering and materials, and you're looking at a Neversummer Eclipse or a Gravity Pintail 45; both of which have a slightly beefed-up standing area with a touch more controlling/dampening flex at the nose and tail by the trucks. Flip the tail up, and you've got an Earthwing Superglider and Supercharger shape; something good for an urban assault board.

They're a fantastic board for beginners, though I know you're far from a beginner. They're definitely a versatile board and a valuable addition to any skate quiver. I'm happy to say that I own 2 of those truncated shapes: An S9 Race and a Dregs Race.

Longboards have got the grip durable wheels that can roll over surface For downhill racing stunt you might need a downhill longboard. Know more details about the longboards go to the website scooterlay
    Colin Kint

Gravity Slave Moderator

She's here and actually a little bigger than I expected... which is good! Seller took a beating on shipping I guess. This thing's almost 4 feet long. Will try to get it on a hill in a few days..

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    She's here and actually a little bigger than I expected... which is good! Seller took a beating on shipping I guess. This thing's almost 4 feet long. Will try to get it on a hill in a few days..
    How does the board feel? There's a few from that brand on local Craigslist, but I'm not sure what to think of them.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    How does the board feel? There's a few from that brand on local Craigslist, but I'm not sure what to think of them.
    It's pretty bouncy/flexi. OK for casual cruising but probably not all that responsive to user input for hard charging.