Official Longboarding Thread - Page 88
Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1942

Thread: Official Longboarding Thread

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

That was Overcrook.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

yeah i dont know if he saw my post and copied me or if it was just hivemind
    Lemons

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Got my package from Churchill today (ordered after my Wolfshark, but came before)! Got a pair of their slide gloves. Not bad. The puck seems a little small, then again I've been using free corian samples I got from dupont... sooo. Can't wait until the board gets here and I have it all set up, then I have to wait that tortuous period for it to be decent out enough to skate.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

ive been so lazy about getting out and riding i pretty much havent since christmas break
    things are pretty lame atm
    Lemons

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Things are EXTREMELY lame right now. Too much snow. There was a day near 60 degrees this week, but I had work and the roads were covered with salt and sand anyway. Poop.

Speed Junkie

yeah I tried to skate on the warm day but the winds were so strong that the skatepark was unskateable and my hill was so slow I could barely slide
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

Skate Pirate

It's snowy here. I need to fix up my snowboard.

So I got a question..... I have a 10 ply maple longboard that has the graphics routed in 3-4 layers deep. Being I live in this so called sunshine state where it rains year round ( and I'm not trying to pay for another LB anytime soon), I was wanting to take the grip off, sand the board, re stain it a different color, and then urethane the whole board to seal it.
    Is this ok to do?? As I know I'll end up either caught in rain or ride in it.

Speed Junkie

seal it and it will be fine
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

^^^ thanks sorry for the newb question just wasn't sure.

Perhaps also buy some ceramic bearings if you're going to be riding a lot in the wet as you'll soon get sick of replacing rusted-out steel ones.

Boss

Cruise for some booze.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Perhaps also buy some ceramic bearings if you're going to be riding a lot in the wet as you'll soon get sick of replacing rusted-out steel ones.
    thanks, i wasn't even thinking about the bearings yet... i woulda though after the first time i pulled rusty ones out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jay View Post
    Cruise for some booze.
    that's all i did yesterday too, went to Wills on Mills for a couple India pales, but not so many i couldn't see the sidewalk.

P.S. is the "thanks" function gone? not working? or am i still too noob to be able to "thank"?

its on the bottom left of posts now, adjacent to the sherrif's badge reputation thing
    Lemons

For lack of not knowing where to put this.... it seems the r5's only come in 1 lousy color... dodo brown.

Time to get to sanding...

after sanding it was time do grab the airbrush and do a lil mixing.....

now comes the time consuming part.....

first coat early this morning....

Im stoked, really liking the dye and got 3 coats of poly on the top and sides so far. kinda sux cause i only rode the stick one time before i decided strip it, but it'll be sooo worth it doing this now instead of later down tha line.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Such a funky board. You put the back truck on backwards to make the angle zero, right? I want to see pics of the trucks on it. Haha

looking flyfreshtodeath there
    yeah what made you decide on an R5? im curious.
    Lemons

here ya go munday, though i'm sure there are much better pics of said trucks all over google. i could get away w/this shot cause after the 3rd coat of poly i saw i needed a little sanding.

Got 5 coats on the bottom and sides, snagged a piece of scrap to see if i want to gloss it or not...

Thnx OC, the only part I'm not happy about is the stupid stain line that is running across the LY routed in. I don't know why there would be such a saturated stain line, but i didn't feel comfy sanding any deeper than i did in that spot. I can live with it, besides in the end it's just a board.
    .......why did i get an r5....... well, it's been a long hiatus from skating for me and when i was looking at boards i was looking for something that was very easy to ride(stable) for some possible longer runs, not necessarily LDS by the standard of 100-1000+ miles, but something very cruisy that i could build myself up to doing runs like 10 miles or so to get back into boarding and further. Also, some DH looked interesting and fun, if i ever decided to head over to Lake county area and try out some DH at least i have something reasonably capable.
    I've only gotten to ride it once before i stripped it down, my initial impression so far from just running a curvy park sidewalk around a lake ..... At first it's a little unnerving with the front only turning, truly a unique experience that i think will end up either being an acquired taste/love or a total dislike. The park only had what we motorcycle guys call sweepers (fairly loose, broad turns), all i can say is i loved it in the sweepers. I felt like i was riding a Caddy (for the UK readers a Bently). It was like the butter tray had been left out on the table overnight and i grabbed my camping knife to get a slice.
    Mind you i have never ridden a LB before except once for like 10 minutes, But i feel like the zero rear was a good choice for florida flats semi LDS.Tray felt solid, definitely locked in feel for me, maybe just a hair too much locked in but then again until i get to actually ride the thing still undecided. Having also never ridden anything softer than 85a eons ago, i was surprised at how well bumps,cracks, etc... were absorbed with the 80's that came on it. that's about all i got so far.. besides my fingers hurt now from tha keyboard.
    P.S. MUNDAY..... i don't like you!!! You always come round ruinin my weekend :-(

Skate Pirate

Is it weird if I longboarded for 5 years before owning a Sector9?

LeftLaneClosed

I sent sector 9 a sponsor me tape and they sent me a bunch of stickers