Official Longboarding Thread - Page 96
Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1957

Thread: Official Longboarding Thread

If I could think of a word that means, "impressed" and "scared" at the same time, that'd be that video

Crazy crash... lucky they were wearing motorcycle helmets (!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Xgecko View Post
    looked like he bumped Alex's rear wheel and got the wobs, then it was all over. Pack riding at that speed is spooky. I don't particularly care to pack ride unless I really know the people well....that said I have been in a pack crash with both Alex and Ben though not at that speed. I once saw Alex and Brian Peck carry on a slap fight while pack riding at 30-35mph so he's pretty phuken stable on 4 wheels
    Hahaha daaaaamn. Those dudes are crazy

Speed Junkie

Those aren't motorcycle helmets but rather DH skateboard helmets...essentially the same as a fullface MTB helmet (made in the same factories)
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Xgecko View Post
    3 local boys who decided to move west to skate, HILLS that is....Clutch skateboarding in the Laguna Mountains outside San Diego

Another step towards the website? I'm glad that stuff is happening at the Soda Factory, but love that Rus is taking his time. You ride the new Jeffy, Xgecko?
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Speed Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    Another step towards the website? I'm glad that stuff is happening at the Soda Factory, but love that Rus is taking his time. You ride the new Jeffy, Xgecko?
    Awesome looking but they aren't my style of board...I am more of a plain wood guy. Besides I am waiting on something else.....

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I know bricks are the new cool thing (as are kicktails), so... does it seem like longboarding is late to the party and finding out that double kicks are better for tricks and that technical slides or breaking traction is easier when your feet are closer to the wheels? I keep seeing new versions of old boards with kicks, boards with double kicks and bricks with multiple wheelbases, some which effectively give a board kicks. Wtf, longboarding? Be more original, and give back the word "Freestyle" it belonged to actual freestylers, first when talking about skating, ya jerks. Longboarding is in such a weird place, turning into skateboarding, and skateboarding itself is dying. Also, in before "Longboarding is skating, it's all skating." Street skating and all the facets of longboarding appeal to different markets, social groups, and just people in general. It's all skating, but it's still different. Just like Hockey and professional ice skating (which I understand is a bit much for an analogy, but you get the picture.)
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

i want an annika so bad
    Lemons

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Figured this post had a home here, as well...

Longboard companies, stop putting fucking street throw away clips in your videos. Wait until they do things worth actually editing in, none of this popping their tails to barely get off curb shit. You're major companies, not 12 year old kids.

Speed Junkie

the Comet Eric Jensen video got you down?

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Nah, it was the Will Royce pro model video by Bustin. They had a video like this month ago and it was awful, then they had awesome park footy on a yoface, now they're showing terrible street skating again. I'm all for being able to skate everything, but maybe let's not film it until we don't look like little kids.

Edit: Just watched the Eric Jensen video for his new board and it was nasty. That was more hauling ass, fast freeride with some ollies thrown in. THAT, I enjoyed.

jensen RIPS

Quote Originally Posted by Overcrook View Post
    i want an annika so bad
    i now have 2 annikas
    (one is getting sold tho)
    Lemons

having a sprained ankle is a MEGA bummer
    ive had these venom balls since september and havent been able to ride them yet....
    im so hype to recover, set up my annika, and start riding again.

ps Attack Trucks look absolutely rad [but im done buying trucks for like... a long time.]
    Lemons

Speed Junkie

I had a realy good run this morning and my legs felt awesome so I spent an hour freeriding my hill this afternoon. Thug Passions are a nice feeling wheel, controlled easy sliding...get well soon

im gonna try and skate this weekend. ive recovered most of my range of motion and dont have any resting pain in my ankle so
    as long as i dont try to run anything off i should be solid

finna get on some 50* randals we'll see how that turns out..
    Lemons

Speed Junkie

Randals are the Indy's of RKP's, sloppy casting that's gotten better over time open bushing seat that gives you a janky turn but they work and unlike a lot of RKP's they are easy to set up

i skated randals before and wasnt impressed with the casting at all. after trying a lot of trucks i settled on paris
    but im in that weird phase where i want to make my setup as gross but functional as possible so
    tryna go back to randals (maybe ill throw on indy 169s)
    Last edited by Overcrook; 10-18-2013 at 04:08 AM.
    Lemons

randals dont suck as bad as i remember
    the casting is trash but theyre still more fun than calibers or gunmetals or anything rakeless..

i also am in love with how lightweight they are.
    i only had hardish bushings so i had to ride them a little tighter than i wanted but overall good experience

paris V2s still the best cast truck

also penny wheels are decent mids.
    Lemons

Recently I bought the longboard from Evolve Skateboards. It's amazing. Have a look more videos here - Electric Skateboards

scribblespoon

I really like the Arbor Genesis... Wish I had one.

skateorthizz

Hey guys, Iím new to the whole longboarding thing and came across this thread while googling. First off there is a lot of great info on here. Iím thinking of getting the Santa Cruz jessee AK-47 gun Longboard. Honestly itís the coolest board Iíve ever seen my only question is, how does it ride? Have any of you ridden one, or have a friend that has? Itís definitely a show stopper. i linked a review on it so you guys could take a look.