Things that ruin skate spots
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that ruin skate spots

Talking Things that ruin skate spots

Things that ruin skateboarding spots. Post 'em up. Mine-

1. 'Blind bumps' surrounding stair sets. Are these things really that necessary?

2. Perfect gaps/drops which end out landing in the middle of the street. These scare me, and I dont want my board flying out and hitting a car

3. Really smooth looking ledges which you try and grind on the first try, but you end up falling as they aren't smooth at all.

4. People who tell you to go away and ride at the skate park, which is just a big bowl.

All of those except for the first one were legit, 2, 3 and 4 are avoidable if:

2: You either skate when it's not busy traffic or grow some balls or get someone to watch the street for you

3: You buy a candle and wax it up

4: You skate on a Sunday when nobody cares

Well I guess bad asphalt / concrete can be really annoying. I do not speak from experience because Im not that good at skateboarding but still , there is this really big stair set at my school and one day I saw a couple of pros skateboarding it ( I think they were from USA or something , I live in Sweden ). Anyways this guy was trying to hardflip it and he landed it but he fell of right after because of the gravel. I guess its not the asphalts fault but it still sucks.. And next to the stair set which has a rail there is this bank , but it doesnt have a skateable surface.. Damn this was a long post :O

Skatestoppers also ruins the spots , obviosly :P

Cracks!

I have a broken toe because of a crack. Who the **** designed the skatepark? Theres a huge crack put there at the skatepark right where you land at the bottom of the 7 stair. Ive never seen anyone try to hit it.
    "i dream therefore i am not"

angry, young & beautiful

yeah **** blind people
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

i hate ****ty scooter kids breaking glass at the skatepark because they think they are hardcore. i also hate dickhead skaters that sit around or go home home *****ing and whining because this has happened. i hardened the **** up and borrowed a broom from a lovely lady across the road at the servo and sweeped it up. week later kids did it again, smashing thier ice tea bottles... cant wait til thier old enough that i can hit them without seeming like a child basher...

Quote Originally Posted by forgie View Post
    i hate ****ty scooter kids breaking glass at the skatepark because they think they are hardcore. i also hate dickhead skaters that sit around or go home home *****ing and whining because this has happened. i hardened the **** up and borrowed a broom from a lovely lady across the road at the servo and sweeped it up. week later kids did it again, smashing thier ice tea bottles... cant wait til thier old enough that i can hit them without seeming like a child basher...
    Ill rep you if I could !

Gravity Slave Moderator

Punks that are rude and disrespectful to the locals ruin more good skate spots than anything else. People that leave a bunch of trash behind and tear stuff up ruin good skate spots because then the locals get pissed and call the cops. Have some respect, clean up your crap, and leave it as good or better than you found it and maybe you'll get to skate there regularly.... until someone acts like a deuche and gets the cops called on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Punks that are rude and disrespectful to the locals ruin more good skate spots than anything else. People that leave a bunch of trash behind and tear stuff up ruin good skate spots because then the locals get pissed and call the cops. Have some respect, clean up your crap, and leave it as good or better than you found it and maybe you'll get to skate there regularly.... until someone acts like a deuche and gets the cops called on everyone.

THANK YOU!!
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

BMX bikers in areas designed for skateboards. 'nuff said.

Skatepark near me has loads of sand on the ground. Makes everything super slippy. It's real name is Valley Gardens Skatepark but everyone round here calls it Valley Gardens Beach
    People who should be shot:

Fascist Thugs
    Religious Fundamentalists
    People who write lists on who should be shot.

cracks and bumpy run up or landing. worse things ever.

i live in the desert so even the tinyest rock will send me flying. Weeeeeeeeeeee!
    Keep it Metal

How to Hardflip
    Skeeting all day erryday

All the fraktards that skate at night at the Downtown Austin Skatepark and leave all their gatoraid/water bottles and trash all over the place when there are six or so clearly visible, aluminium trashcans that I regularly ollie over.

I hate when you go to the skatepark and there's little kids everywhere running up and down the ramps or using them like slides...

DJyoyoLilDyls

Quote Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
    I hate when you go to the skatepark and there's little kids everywhere running up and down the ramps or using them like slides...
    some little kid had his birthday party in the parking lot of the skatepark. all him and his friends were like sliding down ramps and playing football...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
    Yes, this really annoys me!!! The other day when Parker and I were there, a Dad came with his two girls, who looked to be about 4 and 7. They had boards, but didn't really skate. They were both wearing cutesy skirts, and just carried their boards around (which were pink disney princess ones) and got in they way. The youngest girl never got on her board except to go down ramps on her butt, and then proceeded to push it down ramps by itself, so her board went flying across the park. She also got on the quarter pipe, and just kept running up and down it, with her board out in the park somewhere, in somebody's way. And her Dad said NOTHING, because he was too busy skating. Drove me insane!

Now, I know Parker is just a kid too, but he knows what to watch out for, and he actually skates, and does things. If he needs a rest, he comes out and sits on the picnic tables, out of the way. And I don't let him run up ramps. Also, he likes to just skate back and forth at the bottom of the quarter pipe, just to see how high up he can get. But, he knows that if somebody comes along and wants to use it, he moves.

Cops/security and everything else already said.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

^ Now, there are reasons why they are there. The trick is not being seen.
    Keep it Metal

How to Hardflip
    Skeeting all day erryday