Things that ruin skate spots - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Things that ruin skate spots

My helmet reeks, my knee pads smell downright terrible. I left my helmet and knee pads in a friends car on a hot summer day and he called me up and asked me what the hell I left in his back seat...lol
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

Speed Junkie

you know Marshal Von Wolf can recondition it with new paint, hardware and padding right?
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

I don't know if I'd want to recondition it and wear it. I worked my butt off to buy one when I was 12. It's got sentimental value.
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

blacks

Speed Junkie

Smelly pads....I keep a can of teenage stinkpretty (Axe body spray) in my skatebag to spray my pads with after a session. that way my wife doesn't throw my pads out in the rain

Elite Member

The only reason i dont wear a helmet anymore is because my old one doesnt fit and im too cheap to buy another, all the skate shops sell them for like 30-40 dollars....youd think if they wanted you to be safe theyd make it more cost efficient for the average teen.

Speed Junkie

$8 plus shipping I know a lot of people who skate helmet required parks with this helmet

Word.

Trying to do a trick down the stairs and some little kid on his 100 dollar brand new huffy bike from Walmart stands on the steps with it and I have to wait 5 minutes for him to listen to us yelling at them to move.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    BMX bikers in areas designed for skateboards. 'nuff said.
    ......especially little kids with thier parents that shut down the only place in town that you can legally skateboard.
    I Believe in you, Peter Pan

Skate Pirate

-Random graff or other vandalism that gets the cops called
    -Little kids who are too cool for helmets getting their skulls cracked open, therefore bringing lots of cops and ambulances (and putting your secret spot on their radar)
    -Snooty homeowners' associations who keep the cops on speed dial for skating your secret spots

FuturePrimitive

At one point I had, within skating/walking distance of my house, a drainage ditch with a sick banked ledge feature, an elementary school with a bank to wall/transitioned hip, another school with banks that were featured in a Powell Peralta video, and a thigh high ledge that had several years of wax on it. Kids littered and tagged up the drainage ditch, so they put barbed wire around it. The first elementary school went out of its way to ruin all the best spots--putting a bar across the bank-to-wall and using a tractor to scrape lines through the hip. The second school ripped up the concrete below the banks and put in grass. And my beautiful ledge? BMXers with metal pegs chunked it into a completely unskateable state.

Don't know what you've got until it's gone!

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Boss

^ You should probably go on a killing spree.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

When people tell you to leave.

Great gap. Bad roll away like it's steep on the way down.

And huge CRACKS CRACKS CRACKS

Skating Is Good

Хой!

Obviously, security. Especially when you can get a ticket, and they work every day.

Curbs in front of gaps. Most of the time, they make it hard to ollie what seems like a small gap.

Tags. There is a pyramid spot by the river near me. "SKATE HERE" spray-painted on one of the banks. Did you really think no one would notice a skate spot if they are staring at it? It just draws unnecessary attention of non-skaters.

This ledge by the park was so perfect, angled up and another one angled down, great for lines. Of course, really bad neon graffiti was needed, and now the ledge is capped. Working on it.

Skatestoppers.

Change of surface in general, rough ground.

People who built a park in a city close by here did not apply sealant for the concrete, so it actually takes at least 4 days for the park (!) to dry up.

Traffic spots, yes, have to be extra careful and go at weird times.

Leaves. This year, it seems like everyone just took care of those annoying leaves that hold in moisture, pile up in unavoidable layers, and keep sidewalks wet for weeks, even if the rain stopped. But all the other years the leaves were mostly left out and damn, leaves suck.

Speed Junkie

unsealed parks is a good reason for big (artistic) graffiti pieces, eventually the city will get pissed and paint the tranny

Gravity Slave Moderator

Oh.My.GLOB

Other skaters mostly. Fed up of getting the boot due to the attitudes and actions of others in my absence.
    "Hail Caesarean"

Boss

Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Cracks and bad cement (mainly that really rough white kind.)