College Football - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Football

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaNICKed View Post
    LSU Alum. LSU season Ticket Holder 15 years. Geaux Tigers!

You've held season tickets since you were 9. Dayum you must come from a very privileged home.

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    You've held season tickets since you were 9. Dayum you must come from a very privileged home.
    My family has had season tickets for a long time, my father is a diehard fan and in return I have become a diehard fan. I now own 2 of the 5 season ticket spots for myself and my wife. But I have been in the same seats now for 15 years. Might I add season tickets 15 years ago are nothing compared to today. But once you get them you don't let them go. Is that the answer you were wanting or were you hoping I would conjour up a story of how at 9 years of age I payed for my own season tickets?

Gravity Slave Moderator

I really HATE your team NICK.. At least mine is ahead in the polls for now..
    I have painful memories of a couple of recent beatdowns at the hands of LSU
    Damn Tiggers...

Could/should add 2004 to that since USC was stripped of their title and OU was ranked 2nd that season going in to the BCS Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I really HATE your team NICK.. At least mine is ahead in the polls for now..

Damn Tiggers...

I understand, I have no beef with Oklahoma. They look great this year and I hope we get a chance to play y'all come January. Seasons early and there's alot of football we can lose in-between then and now. But with our defense I have faith we can make it. As long as our O can keep us in games our defense can win them. Good luck.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I bet Florida State fans have similar resentments towards Oklahoma. LSU always beats OU and OU always beats FSU. Although, honestly that makes me want to play the Tigers more often. With all the division hopping chaos I'd really rather see Oklahoma move to the SEC than PAC or ACC.

Alot of SEC fans feel the same. Having Oklahoma join the SEC would truly strengthen our conference especially with the addition of Texas A&M. It would make navigating your season even tougher but by the time you get there your team would truly be battle tested. But sadly West Virginia is more likely than Oklahoma, we shall see! I personally want another shot at Penn State or USC for stealing our light in 03! Love that we have college football back!

angry, young & beautiful

lol i am watching the LSU @ WVU game, wvu was so hyped with their touchdown drive bringing it to 7 points down, and on the kickoff return LSU gets a 99 yard return for a touchdown.. aha.. i lold
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Gravity Slave Moderator

angry, young & beautiful

haha
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltageSk8r View Post
    haha
    OU Haters can look on the bright side. Oklahoma dropped from first to third in the polls after WINNING 62-6 Saturday

College Football scores are ridiculous. No defense! there is only good offense and bad offense

FuturePrimitive

Watch LSU this year. They have about 8-9 players on defense who will be in the NFL.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
    College Football scores are ridiculous. No defense! there is only good offense and bad offense
    Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas never got ***** running against Oklahoma. Did ya notice those FSU Seminoles dropping like flies a couple weeks ago?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noj View Post
    Watch LSU this year. They have about 8-9 players on defense who will be in the NFL.
    I've hated LSU for a decade now for no other reason other than that they are always VERY freakin' good. And they always seem to beat Oklahoma DOH!

angry, young & beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I've hated LSU for a decade now for no other reason other than that they are always VERY freakin' good. And they always seem to beat Oklahoma DOH!
    we can agree on something! LSU is awesome, which makes me mad

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaNICKed View Post
    My family has had season tickets for a long time, my father is a diehard fan and in return I have become a diehard fan. I now own 2 of the 5 season ticket spots for myself and my wife. But I have been in the same seats now for 15 years. Might I add season tickets 15 years ago are nothing compared to today. But once you get them you don't let them go. Is that the answer you were wanting or were you hoping I would conjour up a story of how at 9 years of age I payed for my own season tickets?
    That works but I would have preferred the crazy story about how you had loads of cash at 9. At least your another SEC fan. TN will be back soon so ya'll watch out.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    TN will be back soon so ya'll watch out.
    Your old coach Cutcliff's got Duke winning a few games this season. UNC's a bit nervous about having to play them this year.

Veteran Member

I really like Cutcliff he was never the head coach at UT though. He worked under Fulmer. I thought Lane Kiffin was a piece of crap and he proved me right. NOw I think we have a good coach with some very good character.

Gravity Slave Moderator

BCS Rankings are out.

LSU versus Alabama (Nov 5th) and Oklahoma versus Oklahoma State (Dec 3rd) are looking to be the games to watch at the moment as we roll in to Bowl Season..
    Granted, there is plenty of time for any of these teams to drop a turd before them..

We beat Navy and Tulane just recently. Gamecocks beat us, and I think we lost to LSU already..unless we haven't played them yet.