OFFICIAL Injury thread

Thread: OFFICIAL Injury thread

Elite Member

Default OFFICIAL Injury thread

Had to take the week off, last Friday fell off the hubba at my skatepark and sliced my leg open on the end of it, like jammed my shin down onto it. It was metal. Stitched up leg and not allowed to skate. Well I guess I could've but it wasn't worth risking re-opening it so I took a break. Finally get them off tomorrow, can't wait to be back haha. Haven't been on here much the past week because this site would just be a tease and make me wanna go out and skate .

Anyone have any injuries they wanna share?

Nameless

i ****ed up my ankle in may. rolled it on a 6 stair.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

Bombing down a hill and hit a wet sandbar at 20-25Km/hr. Thought I'd simply ride through it at speed. I was wrong. My board hit the sand and stopped dead, catapulting me onto the pavement.

The result:

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Bombing down a hill and hit a wet sandbar at 20-25Km/hr. Thought I'd simply ride through it at speed. I was wrong. My board hit the sand and stopped dead, catapulting me onto the pavement.

The result:

haha yeah that sand does look pretty rideable

Quote Originally Posted by TONY! View Post
    haha yeah that sand does look pretty rideable
    Yeah... I thought I'd slow down a bit but not stop dead. I paid the price for my dumb

well i have most of my body ****ed and i'm only 16...I have problems with both wrists ankles.Rolled both ankles almost more than 7 times and hurt back broken rib bla bla all that hard core skate stuff.

Worst injury I have had is getting road rash on my elbow which already had roadrash on it. Hurt a lot but not as bad as Tony.

Parker hasn't had too many yet. The worst was when he decided to skate without his pads. He wiped out hard, and fell on his tailbone and then his elbows. Both elbows bled, and it hurt to walk for a little while. Luckily, I carry band-aids in the car, so I had to clean his elbows up. About 10 min later, he was back to skating...........with his pads! lol

The other day he tried to do a small drop in ramp, and wiped out twice. The second wipe-out he fell really hard, hurting his fingers and knee. His knee was scraped up, and he couldn't move his fingers for about 10 min. He didn't even cry, but gave up on that ramp. Said he'd he'd try it another day.

Oh yeah, he got a really big bruise on the back of his leg from this, from landing on the board. Not sure how, but he didn't even scrape his knee from it.

Since he doesn't really do much hard stuff yet, he hasn't had any major injuries, thank god! haha

Sail Hatan.

I sprained my pinky one day while i was running to the bathroom. I was trippin bro.

2 herniated disks, which i am still currently suffering.

Chillin'

My trucks hit my tailbone pretty hard when I messed up a varial. Could hardly sit for three days. Oh and of course the sprained arm after my first drop in try.

Pulled a tendon behind my knee, off for 10 days. 2 days later broke a toe. 3 weeks later first day sprained my ankle, one week later just made it worse. Sucks being old.
    "i dream therefore i am not"

herniated disc in my back. its been a year. now its just a dull throb. hopefully it finally gets better this winter.

I am sitting here with a heating pad over my finally healing knee strains and effusion. It is a re-injury of a knee injury that occurred a few weeks ago, and so far my worst skateboarding injury yet.

The first injury was falling off the back of the board on a simple rolling ollie, rolling my ankle and hearing a "pop" in the back of my knee. The re-injury was trying to ride off of the side of a small ramp (I have a ton of trouble riding off of anything that is >8" and not perfectly horizontal. Blah.) and falling.

Today was my first day skating in 5 days.

Mindy

Quote Originally Posted by KULL3R View Post
    2 herniated disks, which i am still currently suffering.
    By the way, the descriptions of your injuries on this forum really worry me. Take it easy, ok??

Mindy