Talking about injuries

Thread: Talking about injuries

Default Talking about injuries

Correct me if i'm wrong but i didn't find anything here about injuries , and general conversation about them.
    I'm a skater who suffred a bad injury on my ankle and leg, which make me break the tibia and pronium, and had surgery! i'm planing on getting back but just when i'm 100%
    do you guys had experienced any of these or others? talk here.

you didnt search long enough. there are already threads on this. but its all good

A kid broke his ankle infront of me today.
    Last edited by Dolphin; 10-16-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    She was like OWWW, I was like OWW, i am like GOD, call me Based god! - lil b

Elite Member

i just severly sprained my ankle a week ago but ill be fine in another week so its just like a break

i've gotten stress fractures in my ankle several times. every time i roll my ankle i know i won't be skating for a good week. it's permanently swollen too it really just sucks.
    peace

psn=Stusiano

I've gotten too many to name

Been dealing with a kneeful of torn ligaments, that are finally recovering without surgery(yeah!). Been since summer (maybe august?!) that I injured myself on a simple ollie. Didn't stop skating at all (thus re-injuring it twice, stupid). I have lost some of the strength from my pop, but its getting back.

Take it slow and easy... the skateboard will always be there! And good luck with your recovery.

Mindy

I've got screws in my knee from tearing my ACL and having a new one made out of my patellar tendon. It took me 6 months to get to where I could ride a skateboard again. It's been 11 months since my surgery and I'm just now getting to where I can skate halfway decent and fall without feeling like my knee is going to explode. It swells up from time to time and I can't bend it all the way or straighten it as much as my other knee, but at least I can skate again. The nerves in it are all ****ed up as well, there is a large portion on the side of my knee that's still numb. I just dope it up with BC powder and it feels normal for a few hours while I skate. After the BC wears off I feel like an old man again.
    I like my boards like I like my women, big, loose, and fast.

I posted a thread about me spraining my ankle a little while ago. It's getting much better though and I can't wait to get out and skate in a couple of days. Hopefully it doesn't rain...

I've had tendonitis, torn ligaments, and sprained ankles........and calcium deposits in my lower leg from shinning too many times (but they are not noticeable, thankfully)

Cafe Dream Team <3

My ankles are totally ****ed. My right knee is pretty thrashed. I have tendonitis in my right shoulder. My collarbone has a weird notch in it from when I broke it and didnt let it heal right. I'm 31 and make a lot of odd noises when I get up in the morning.
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

I fractured a bone in my foot, which kept me out for like 2 weeks, thats the worst thing to happen to me.....but i've seen pretty bad injuries, this one time at a park a while back, there was this new kid, a bit chubby, anyway he was just learning, he rolled down the flatbank, I didnt see what happened exactly but when I saw him at the bottom of the flat bank his foot was like 90 degrees sideways, looked nasty....
    Kickflips and 360 flips are ****

We were all off our faces on mushrooms when we recorded Plug In Baby... There was this big field next to the recording studio filled with them. So we ate them all. I don't know what we were doing, but we all ended up naked in a jacuzzi and I went deaf in one ear from falling asleep in the sauna... Matt Bellamy

New line nearly https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...if_t=video_tag

New Photo https://www.facebook.com/laurence.ev...type=1&theater

blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental106 View Post
    I've had tendonitis, torn ligaments, and sprained ankles........and calcium deposits in my lower leg from shinning too many times (but they are not noticeable, thankfully)
    This, though they aren't visible, if you tread my shin bone there's a lot of dents and stuff.

I snapped my ankle tendon skating, that's probably my worst injury.