Skate Park in South Florida?

Thread: Skate Park in South Florida?

Default Skate Park in South Florida?

Hey I've been doing some searching for skate parks here in South Florida but I'm having a hard time doing so. I find all these websites and addresses and I just get confused. So could anybody some Skate Parks in South Florida (Free or Pay). Preferably around the Miami area but I don't mind going a little farther.

Veteran Member

It depends on what you mean by "skatepark." There are "skateparks" and there are "skateparks."
    If you're satisfied with pre-fab stuff, rails, a miniramp and maybe a 1/4-pipe and a pyramid, then sure, there are "skateparks" in South Florida you can go to. The Grove (One Cool World), MIA, Perrine, the new park in Indian Hammocks, and a few others. YAWN.

But if you're looking for a bowl, pool, snake run, or any decent concrete tranny, then FUGGETTABOUTTIT. Nearest REAL "skatepark" is The Edge in Naples. That's 2 hours west from Miami. Or Jupiter & West Palm, 2 hours north. Marathon has a fun wooden bowl, 2 hours south.

Bottom line: If you're looking for a real, decent skatepark, THERE ISN"T ONE WITHIN A 4-HOUR ROUNDTRIP DRIVE from Miami.
    Here's a fun fact for you: Miami is the ONLY city of it's size in the entire USA without a single public skatepark with a bowl or pool. Miami is HELL for tranny skaters!!!!!!

Boss

No need. The scene Is beautiful down yonder.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.