The Nickel Board

Thread: The Nickel Board

Cafe Fuzz

Default The Nickel Board

I remember these boards! I had one back in the 80's! Looks like they made a newer model.

San Diego, CA – What is worth more than a Penny? A Nickel! After twelve months of intense research and development, Penny Skateboards is proud to officially announce the global launch for the latest addition to their product line, the “Nickel” Skateboard. The Nickel is larger-sized at 27-inches long by 7.5-inches wide, all with super high quality Penny branded components such as custom 4-inch Penny trucks, 59mm 78A super smooth Penny wheels and Penny ABEC 3 bearings. Made with their secret Penny plastic formula, the Nickel will initially release in a dazzling array of 12 different colors, including their marquee Glow-in-the-Dark model.

The Nickel is the first high performance plastic skateboard larger than 25-inches ever commercially produced. This is made possible by a breakthrough design that strikes the perfect balance between flexibility and high performance functionality.

Available in-store across the United States beginning November 22nd, 2011, the Nickel is the latest offering to join the Penny family. The Nickel is 5-inches longer and 1.5-inches wider than the original 22-inch Penny model. With a longer wheelbase and larger turning radius, the Nickel offers a more stable roll than the original Penny 22-inch model, perfect for the larger rider market.

“Everything about the Nickel is impressive” says Nick Timms of Penny USA. “Our fans have been pleading with us for a year now to bring them a larger plastic board that was more stable that they could ride. Structurally, we weren’t even sure it could be done without compromising the ride that was uniquely Penny… but, as usual, our team has managed to produce another industry first. Our fans are going to be impressed.”

Emerging in the mid-1970s, the plastic injection-molded skateboard was considered one of the finest and most stylish skateboards on the scene. With its tight turning radius and small surface area, they were the ideal way to get around town. The plastic skateboard revival single handedly led by Penny Australia back in early 2010 has been a cultural phenomenon in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, UK and Japan and also the United States, selling out across 32 American states since its official launch this past August. Penny Skateboards fever has erupted amongst skateboarders, surfers and collectors worldwide due to its diverse range of colorways and industry-leading performance and functionality.

For more information on Penny Skateboards, please visit the website www.pennyskateboards.com or contact Absolute Distributors at nick@absolute-distributors.com or (760-295-2201).
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

hahaha dope board

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I STILL want one of the Stereo ones, too bad Christmas is coming up and I have to start shopping soon.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

heaps of kids at my school have them and i really want one. but i just got my new skateboard so i cant.

I prefer the smaller one because I'd rather just use a skateboard than a bigger penny board. Still must be pretty sick to cruise around on.

Gravity Slave Moderator

The Nickel is the first high performance plastic skateboard larger than 25-inches ever commercially produced. This is made possible by a breakthrough design that strikes the perfect balance between flexibility and high performance functionality.

I'm calling BS there. Makaha marketed several plastic decks over 25 inches with decent same brand wheels and trucks.

I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure these were in the 25.5"-27" range.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

But, were they high performance?!
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    But, were they high performance?!
    Absolutely! They were way better than the typical department store completes of their time.

Thats Me!

yeah i really like the mini penny boards as they're great for just keeping in your car or fir in a bag, but for a full size one i'd rather just ride my actual skateboard..

Want.
    But the plastic? I don't know how the riding experience might be like. I look into it before putting it on my wishlist.

The Penny boards look sick. I may try one out some day

Skating Is Good

My friend says that they are fun to skate. I wanna get one even if they do look sketchy...

Retired Staff

I used one to maneuver a public restroom while barefoot at the beach. Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

smart!

I remember these! I had one YEARS ago!

Default Lol I have one

Great for carving down hills and skating at extreme speed, thought If you'd rather do tricks I would prefer you to stay with your current board since penny boards themselves weren't created for tricks sadly. So yeah, do get me wrong there great boards and they last ages but if you dont like going fast downhill....don't get a penny or nickel board
    "QWERTY MAAN WAS HERE"

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTY MAAN View Post
    Great for carving down hills and skating at extreme speed, thought If you'd rather do tricks I would prefer you to stay with your current board since penny boards themselves weren't created for tricks sadly. So yeah, do get me wrong there great boards and they last ages but if you dont like going fast downhill....don't get a penny or nickel board
    I'd feel a little iffy using a tiny board like that for "extreme speed".

The Globe ones are really good. Also, not sure if they're available in the US yet, but Brighton Skateboards from the UK are a sweet Penny alternative.

Looks like everyones reverse engineering the Penny board!Just take a Penny deck but change the grip pattern.Globe seems to have an original design of their plastic board.I bought me a blue Stereo Vinyl and its fun to cruise on and its very carvy!

Heads Up, there is a Penny Nickel board on ebay for £20, 2 or 3 days left to go: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/151193897384
    Bargain for someone...