My Skatepark Adventures
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Skatepark Adventures

Thats Me!

Default My Skatepark Adventures

hey guys so i made my new years resloutions to skate more, and start going to all the skateparks around brisbane and gold coast since i live up this way now..

so basiclly in this thread i will be putting lots of pics and reviews of all the parks i go to..

and at the end of the thread i will go back to all the parks and film a little montage to end it all with..

hope you enjoy..

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by stumbles View Post
    hey guys so i made my new years resloutions to skate more, and start going to all the skateparks around brisbane and gold coast since i live up this way now..

so basiclly in this thread i will be putting lots of pics and reviews of all the parks i go to..

and at the end of the thread i will go back to all the parks and film a little montage to end it all with..

hope you enjoy..
    Sounds awesome, I'm gonna try taking more pictures longboarding. Have to get some skills first. Haha

Edit: Subbed
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Thats Me!

ok so today i visited the first prk on my list.. Acacia ridge skate plaza..

this is my sort of park, no ramps just smooth ledges and curbs of all kinds with lots of smooth flat, has a water fountain, basketball court and a swimming pool next door.....oh and bring a broom theres lots of trees and leaves all around the place..

features include lots of different ledges of different height, a flat bar, a garden gap ledge, curved ledge and banked ledge..

pics..

Thats Me!

next park is Capalaba Skate plaza/ Redlands youth plaza..

once again has a basketball court, skate shop across the road, taps toilets and lights as it's open at night till 10pm..

it's one of the best parks i've been to, has a 100 metre long street course with stairs hubbas, rails, big block stairs and hand rails, plus a nice smooth bowl up the top..
    has ledges made of wood, concrete and metal take lots of wax and some haven't seen use in a while..

if this park doesn't have something for you then i don't know what will..

pics..

Thats Me!

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    Sounds awesome, I'm gonna try taking more pictures longboarding. Have to get some skills first. Haha

Edit: Subbed
    Cheers TGI i'll keep it updated with a new park atleast once a week hopefully...

angry, young & beautiful

that second park looks super fun
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Thats Me!

yeah i spent round four hours there the first time i went, you just can't get sick of it...theres too much to do..

dude awesome. I'm really looking forward to this
    我很好,也我们不是

Thats Me!

cheers bro..

Boss

Great Idea man I might steal this. ^^ Maybe not make a thread but def go to as many parks as I can. I wish there was a park like the 2nd one close by. I'd be so Inspired to skate.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Thats Me!

cheers AJ, both those first two parks are only a twenty miniute drive away.. and theres probably around fifteen more that are around that far away or less, so i will be busy...

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

It's like your house is surrounded by multiple Tony Hawk levels. 4100 posts, I've been spamming up a storm lately.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Thats Me!

ok so next park is my local Coorparoo skate park, i love this place and it's actually the reason why i moved to this suburb..

it has the best of both worlds a metal mini ramp, two banks one with a nice hip, a funbox with ledges and rail plus a euro gap.., a few nice manual pads/ ledges of different heights, a curved ledge and a flat bar

one of my favourite parks ever, i have spent countless hours here, it has a drinking fountain, seats with shade to chill, and shops to get food and drinks just up the road it's also right near the train station so easy to get do if you don't have a car..

now some pics, these arern't my pics, i go there everyday but never took any so just using these ones..

Last edited by stumbles; 02-13-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Thats Me!

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    It's like your house is surrounded by multiple Tony Hawk levels. 4100 posts, I've been spamming up a storm lately.
    haha yeah it is, i'm loving it i grew up in a town with one crappy park. moved here last year and was blown away at all the great spots and parks everywhere..

and congrats on the rainbow btw...

this is sick, could spend hours and hours at the last 2 parks. would love something like those 2 near where i am, never get bored.

going to the gold coast in 2 week so might be able to hit them up.

music i like http://www.last.fm/user/phenga
    Tree House Fun Club

Thats Me!

well went to two new parks today Goodna Prefab park,and as it says in the name it is just a crappy little prefabricated metal park with no lines and nothing good except the mini ramp..

i didn't bother taking any pics as it was pretty crap and i left after five miniutes..

the next park was Carole Park Skatepark, it's a really small little park but alot of fun to muck around at, it has a school and a public pool just up the road..
    I really liked this place and had alot of fun here, the bench with the little launch at the end is a heap of fun to skate..

some pics..

Thats Me!

nose manual vid..

Last edited by stumbles; 01-13-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Sail Hatan.

Thanks for making me realize how ****ty the parks around here are

Thats Me!

haha really, these ones so far are all just twenty miniutes away and less, i'll be going to a heap of better ones soon..

interesting thread.
    Hey. WoodStunt is a upcoming skate team. (:
    Like us on facebook? Our passion is skateboarding, Its what we do.
    www.facebook.com/woodstuntskate