My Skatepark Adventures - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Skatepark Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by stumbles View Post
    some pics..
    Some wicked piss stains in that bad boy, great park just needs a clean up.

music i like http://www.last.fm/user/phenga
    Tree House Fun Club

Thats Me!

^yeah it's pretty filthy..i just use the smaller bowl when i go there..

and heres a few pics of me skating Acacia Ridge Plaza..

So many different little ledges. Looks fun. I need something to take my focus from playing on banks lately.

Thats Me!

went to Hibiscus skate park today, it's in Mt Gravatt...not alot there really just a few crappy ledges that are too low and steep to bother with, a funbox with hip rail and pyramid a couple banks and quarters around too...

I'ts next door to a Gym, Pools and bball court ect..and has a heap of schools around the area that look good to skate..

heres some pics..

and heres a pic of me...

I've been keen to go to Hibiscus but it looks to be the same lame-o designer and pourer as Murrarrie. Looks like they've just dumped everything in there. Thanks again for the heads-up on Acacia Ridge. I want to have some quiet arvo sessions on the boxes while the ankle heals over properly. It's a hidden little gem and well laid out. Most likely go out to Brunswick Heads park that I told you about when i'm camping this weekend. Very new and well put together.

Thats Me!

yeah i don't think i'll be going back there again and i only really skated the box in the middle..

i'm keen for a session at acacia this week sometime if your keen... get a few pics of brunswick heads park for me aswell if you can...

Yeah. Was planning to take some snaps. A nice bowl and a decent street area with rails, ledges, banks and quarters. Came across it camping last Easter when I perchance had a skate on me. If i'm keen for the Ridge tomorrow i'll send you a text about 3.30ish.

Thats Me!

ok cheers sounds good...can't wait to hit capalaba with you guys tomoz night...

Thats Me!

well i went to a new park today Fairfield Skatepark.... but my toe was sore so i couldn't really skate it properly and wasn't really my sort of park anyway...

theres a huge bowl and halfpipe with spine area, a few banks, two hubbas with a crack right before them, a euro gap and a funbox that looked good in pics but everything on it was the wrong size....not a very well thought put park for skaters bmx guys seem to love it though...

heres some pics..

Thats Me!

and i'll be going to another park tomoz unless it rains, since i just couldn't get a good skate in today...

I've considered visiting Fairfield seeing as it's so close. I just feel too spoiled having Coops down the road. I was going to go to Lota before I went and saw a mate down there this evening but the rain has put a close on that now. Went to Brunswick Heads on the weekend. Not as good as it looked when I was starting out last year. The bowl is awesome and runs well but the street section is a shambles. You roll down a bank & get practically thrown into dodgey funbox type contraptions before you've even remembered what your name is. It just works too clumsily. Should have gone to Cabarita intead. I'll know that in Easter when I hit North NSW again. Didn't get photos cos my phone battery blew Friday night out but I still have some of Stanthorpe I haven't passed on to you.

Thats Me!

yeah stanthorpe and lota are on my list..tomoz i'm going to Stafford i've been there before but only for ten mins and it was too hot to skate so i'm looking forward to going back..

Coops is definately one of my fav parks ever so small but still has everything you need..

i'll add better pics of Coops in a miniute just realised i never replaced the google ones with my own...

and hey have you been to Deagon Park i'll be going there pretty soon...

Nah. But i'll check it out online. Stanthorpe is about 3 hours car trip away. Better off hitting Toowoomba if you want a good drive.

Thats Me!

i think i'm confusing stanthorpe with another park then..

i'm going on a goldy trip soon to hit Nerrang, Pizzey and Varsity park they're all 5 star parks and i can't wait to skate them...
    Last edited by stumbles; 02-13-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Thats Me!

so today i went to Stafford skatepark, was pretty fun...has a couple of nice ledges, a bowl and snake run...pretty smooth little park..

some pics..

That one actually looks pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stumbles View Post
    i think i'm confusing stanthorpe with another park then..

i'm going on a goldy trip soon to hit Nerrang, Pizzey and Varsity park they're all 5 star parks and i can't wait to skate them...
    nerrang and pizzey are sick, never been to varsity but heard it's good. be sure to hit up pac pines for me haha it's my old local and sweet park if i remember correctly.

Tree House Fun Club

Thats Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinecode View Post
    That one actually looks pretty fun.
    yeah it's a fun park for sure, i wish i had stayed longer but it was so hot...it's only twenty mins away too...

Thats Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandeanies View Post
    nerrang and pizzey are sick, never been to varsity but heard it's good. be sure to hit up pac pines for me haha it's my old local and sweet park if i remember correctly.
    yeah i've been to Nerrang to watch the dc demo and now i want to skate it...

never been to Pizzey or Varsity but i've seen pics and they both will blow my mind...

and yeah pacific pines park looks sick i was thinking of dropping in there anyway..

I was back down at gc but left that friday the demo was on, was bummed. looking forward for the pictures.

Tree House Fun Club