No Connections
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Connections

Default No Connections

So I'm a 13 year old, still in middle school, and I'm at the late beginner stages of skating. Most of the skaters at my school are pot heads (yes, it's true, sadly), and the rest are anti social. I'm a pretty known person at my school, and I don't really stay in one group all the time, but there just isn't anyone that's willing to help me with filming, or just skate with me. My goal in life is to become pro, but if I can't get footage that is probably not going to happen. I usually film myself, but the camera doesn't move with me so I really don't get the full trick and it's just really frustrating. I almost always do better with friends around because they talk me into doing stuff I'd never try on my own. It's just a better vibe. What would you guys suggest I do?

Boss

Skate for fun now your only 13 I wouldn't worry about getting footage yet. Just because someone smokes bud doesn't make them a villain. Maybe there real chill and will help you out. Just don't do what your not comfortable with.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Nah I'm okay with the smoking, and I talk to them when they're like clean, but they act annoying when they're high.

Boss

Alright well in your Original Post you said most.
    What about the others?
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

They just don't talk. I try to be cool with them, and hit them up to skate, but they always either don't reply or say they're busy. Skating alone in my backyard is pretty boring after a while, even with music blasted.

Boss

Idk man watch Vids, get Inspired. Start projects to skate.
    Don't stress It.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

Alright man, thanks.

Boss

Np, stick around n get active. If you like It here, can learn a lot.
    Some pretty chill members.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

Thats Me!

i'd just skate with the smokers whenever they're keen to skate and by yourself whenever they aren't...

get the rich one to buy a camera and film, every group has a rich member..

try going to different skateparks and talk to skaters there, i mostly film and skate by myself too but that is because i live 20mins away from skaters, so i know that feeling. yeah skate with the stoners when ever they are down to.

music i like http://www.last.fm/user/phenga
    Tree House Fun Club

@stumbles: The only rich person there is a ****. LOL.

@Bandeanies: I usually go to Pedlow, and bus it to Noho with my brother like once every two months. I guess I'm not good enough to go to skateparks yet, because I'm always getting trash talked. LOL. it's all good though. I'll just learn more until going to the parks.

Хой!

My advice is to get a good homie who skates. Easier said than done, but it's chill:I have a homie who is down to hang and shred the gnar almost every day, including after school. Maybe get your own little skate crew. Skating with friends makes you progress so much quicker! Also, go out and find spots! I used to think my town sucked for skating, but if you check it out and creep behind buildings, college campuses, industrial areas, and school, you might find something sick. I wouldn't worry about becoming pro yet, just skate, chill, film...

Hang with the stoners, man. Don't partake if you choose, but they might turn out nice and chill (sometimes they really are douchebags, though). Or, better yet, get a good friend into skating, cruising, filming, skate videos, etc.

Nameless

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Nah I'm okay with the smoking, and I talk to them when they're like clean, but they act annoying when they're high.
    that's not because they're high, it's because they're 13.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    that's not because they're high, it's because they're 13.
    This man speaks the truth.
    I like my boards like I like my women, big, loose, and fast.

LeftLaneClosed

I use my ipod as a camera, I use a mic stand to hold the camera. I've been skating alone for my entire skate expirence, 1.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by RockenPunk View Post
    I use my ipod as a camera, I use a mic stand to hold the camera. I've been skating alone for my entire skate expirence, 1.5 years

If you have a local skatepark thats definitly a good spot. When i was like 15 most of my friends that i skated with were 18-20 years old because not alot of people i went to middle/ highschool with skated.

Get high with them
    Skate on, Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Metallicuh View Post
    Get high with them
    normally I wouldn't advocate telling a 13 year old to get high...... but in this case I'd say he has no alternatives. Just go ahead and start mainlining heroin. Then you'll be ahead of the curve when you're 15 like Metallicuh.

Can't go wrong with the bud, but skateparks are the way to go. I've never been to a park and seen anybody get ****ed. They're all pretty chill with each other at the parks here, I guess it's not like that everywhere.