So yeah?

Thread: So yeah?

Default So yeah?

Hi im Nathan, Im kind of a beginner skater ehh sorta. My friend got me a new deck for my bday and i was wondering if it was a good setup or not. Its an Element deck, Element 52mm Wheels, and Element trucks its was around $100. Is it a good setup? Also its taking forever to break my bearings in -__-. And is it good to have the bearing tight or loose? I have them really tight and i cant seem to get them loose. Any tips for that? And my friends deck is really nice and smooth and like its not as heavy as mine but its smaller than his? This is just confusing. Anyone who can help it would be great. Thanks.

Sail Hatan.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nathan View Post
    Hi im Nathan, Im kind of a beginner skater ehh sorta. My friend got me a new deck for my bday and i was wondering if it was a good setup or not. Its an Element deck, Element 52mm Wheels, and Element trucks its was around $100. Is it a good setup? Also its taking forever to break my bearings in -__-. And is it good to have the bearing tight or loose? I have them really tight and i cant seem to get them loose. Any tips for that? And my friends deck is really nice and smooth and like its not as heavy as mine but its smaller than his? This is just confusing. Anyone who can help it would be great. Thanks.
    wat.I hope you mean the wheel.
    Otherwise, you have been tragically misinformed.

And it doesnt matter if its good. You are a beginner. Element decks are decent enough.

its all good, just skate and have fun. Maybe get better trucks when you progress

The bearing should be tight inside your wheel. The whole thing bolted on the axle should be as tight so there is only a tiny bit of side to side play. The bearings on complete sold boards are usually really crappy. ABEC 3 usually. Think about buying some Bones Reds. Get some Bones Speed Cream while you are at it. Clean them maybe once a month as per the instructions. Reds are pretty cheap and although they are China made, they go like all **** and last a long time. A lot of Cafe members swear by them. As for the rest of it, ride the Hell out of the whole thing and replace parts as they start exploding.

If you're a beginner, even a KMart board would suffice. Your setup's fine.

Your mate bought you a $100 setup? pretty good present and friend, just skate around and get comfortable with it.
    Kickflips and 360 flips are ****

We were all off our faces on mushrooms when we recorded Plug In Baby... There was this big field next to the recording studio filled with them. So we ate them all. I don't know what we were doing, but we all ended up naked in a jacuzzi and I went deaf in one ear from falling asleep in the sauna... Matt Bellamy

New line nearly https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...if_t=video_tag

New Photo https://www.facebook.com/laurence.ev...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by discolemonade4 View Post
    Your mate bought you a $100 setup? pretty good present and friend, just skate around and get comfortable with it.
    Thanks everyone. And yeah my 16 bday we have been friends since i was 1.

Nameless

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJinkins View Post
    If you're a beginner, even a KMart board would suffice. Your setup's fine.
    wrongo, to learn to skate you need at minimum, a board that can turn, and walmart boards have solid plastic bushings.

the way the trucks pivot and lean is directly tied to the balance involved in skating.
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    wrongo, to learn to skate you need at minimum, a board that can turn, and walmart boards have solid plastic bushings.

the way the trucks pivot and lean is directly tied to the balance involved in skating.
    Da man is right. Also anything from a department store is downright dangerous. Might as well just put some trucks on a loaded machine gun.

Even the most lowly Element setup is going to WIN for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinecode View Post
    Might as well just put some trucks on a loaded machine gun.

Forget the element board. Do this. Do it now.
    I like my boards like I like my women, big, loose, and fast.