Skating alone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skating alone?

I usually skate by myself

DJyoyoLilDyls

I'm not a big fan of skating alone, but I will do so when I have that certain urge. Skating with friends is the best. They motivate you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateCalifornia View Post
    Skaters who bemoan riding alone should sell their skateboards and go play team sports.
    or both.

I love skateboarding by myself, especially late at night. The streets are empty and quiet. Places you would never be able to or even think of skating during the day are open and all the good spots that are crowded during the day are empty. I have no problem with motivation when it comes to skating by myself, I would actually rather skate by myself.
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

FuturePrimitive

Hit it boys!

I skate alone.
    Yeah, yeah, with nobody else.
    I skate alone.
    Yeah, yeah, with nobody else.
    You know when I skate alone,
    I prefer to be by myself.

At one point all my main skateboarding pals either quit or moved away. I skated alone at spots close to my home for YEARS. I'd always be psyched when skaters would come to my spots when I was there.

Now I go to the skatepark, and although there's almost always someone there, it can still feel like I'm skating alone because I get on my own trip and my own lines.

When I was growing up learning it was always better to street skate with a big group of people who were either the same level or better.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

I like skating with friends. I mean don't get me wrong I love skating alone.. since that is what I mostly do, but, whenever they are off of work i'll sometimes tag alone with them and we'll go hit some spots up around town.

Skating Is Good

Thats Me!

since i've started skatng again and moved away from all my friends i skate alone mostly..and i don't mind it just chuck some music on and i can have great solo sesh..

but lately i've been skating with spinecode and his friend and it makes the biggest differene for making you try new things and pushing each other..

either way skating is fun no matter how i do it or who i'm with...

I skate alone every single day, except for the weekends, when I go to the skatepark. No one really skates in my neighborhood, but there are a bunch of skaters in the city.

I skate alone, I guess I'm more motivated to do tricks w/o people around me.

Chillin'

I just go to the park and see who is there. Sometimes I am alone, somtimes there are some people I like and skate with.

Quote Originally Posted by new2sk8ing View Post
    I like it because it's easier to concentrate, but I do it in moderation. If I skate by myself too much, I get lazy and start to get extremely bored. But if I skate with friends too much, I'm never able to actually do many tricks because I just goof off the whole time.
    ^this. im so much better when im skating alone. but sometimes its just about hanging out with friends. like you already said: there are pros and cons, but still skating is always fun.

for me, skating alone's like practicing for a show. skating with friends is like playing the show.

both useful and fun - just different energy.

As long as you're skating...and having fun - who cares - Throw some great tunes on the iPod and go shred

Quote Originally Posted by SkateCalifornia View Post
    Skaters who bemoan riding alone should sell their skateboards and go play team sports.

Skaters gonna skate.
    Exactly- I have a feeling most people skate just to socialize and get in on the culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahHelfman View Post
    There would be a trick called a boner. you just kickflip and in mid air... POP GOES THE WHEEZLE! Youd just pull a boner out of nowhere.

I'm an old guy and just starting and a loner to boot, all my skating is alone. I'm curious to see if I develop any skating buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by stumbles View Post
    since i've started skatng again and moved away from all my friends i skate alone mostly..and i don't mind it just chuck some music on and i can have great solo sesh..

but lately i've been skating with spinecode and his friend and it makes the biggest differene for making you try new things and pushing each other..

either way skating is fun no matter how i do it or who i'm with...
    UGhhhhhh.... I want to skate with Spiney and Stumbles...

Mindy

Your Mother

I mostly skate with friends at the moment because I'm new to going to skate parks. I guess it's just because if you are with others who aren't that great at skating then you aren't the only one getting in the way of the better skaters :L when I get more confident with it I guess I'll probably go skate alone more often.