Started now stopped.!

Thread: Started now stopped.!

Default Started now stopped.!

So I'm from wiltshire and have just started skateboarding. I started to skate with some kiddy I got to know through skating and now he's moving so I'm stuck and have hardly learned a thing. There is a stigmatism attached around here ( Calne ) that only rejects skate, I don't care what people think of me it's just that I can't do anything on a board so it feeds the fire for them more. I feel silly out in the street at 21 years old practicing. It just seems a shame to have to stop Any comments welcome.

Oh.My.GLOB

worrying about the way you are perceived by miserable people with no fun in their lives shouldn't be your concern. if you enjoy it, regardless of how you look or feel in front of others there is no reason to stop.

i get the same disparaging looks and i am 27 and have been skating for a fair while.

point is if you quit because of other people you're weak minded.
    "Hail Caesarean"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadBlueSky View Post
    worrying about the way you are perceived by miserable people with no fun in their lives shouldn't be your concern. if you enjoy it, regardless of how you look or feel in front of others there is no reason to stop.

i get the same disparaging looks and i am 27 and have been skating for a fair while.

point is if you quit because of other people you're weak minded.
    Like I said man, I'm 21 and just started. I live on my own on a busy road so I can't just go outside. I want to do it but I also have nowhere and the people thing is because I used to hang around with most of them so still get funny on how they perceive me

Oh.My.GLOB

i know guys who have started in their 20s, 30s and 40s.

i also know there is a skatepark in your town, even if you are just starting out most skateparks are welcoming places and at the very least will be quiet enough in the week days to just go and muck around for a bit!

it comes down to this again: if you want to do it, you'll find a way. i grew up in an area where even dressing slightly differently from the norm could get you stabbed and yet here we are.
    "Hail Caesarean"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadBlueSky View Post
    i know guys who have started in their 20s, 30s and 40s.

i also know there is a skatepark in your town, even if you are just starting out most skateparks are welcoming places and at the very least will be quiet enough in the week days to just go and muck around for a bit!

it comes down to this again: if you want to do it, you'll find a way. i grew up in an area where even dressing slightly differently from the norm could get you stabbed and yet here we are.
    The skatepark has been done over and there is no way of skating in it

Chillin'

When I started (18 years old) I always went to a hardly used Walk near a forest or I skatet in my garage.
    But now I regret that I did that. Learning at an actualy park with other skaters is way more easy.

Dont stop mate, I live close to you and the scene is on FIRE at the moment.. The DIY skate spot we are working on is amazing! We have a 9 set with handrails down either side and we have paving slabbed down half the 9 set so its a drop in, We have built a concrete box thats quite big, Invested in coping for one side of it for grinds the other half is left plain crete for slides, The ground is smooth as a babys bum as well so learning from scratch is perfect Everyone that goes there are sound people that all get on well and have respect from each other.. The people using its age range from beginners at 14 years old up to guys in there mid 20's (scott whitaker rides for enuff)!

Come down this Sunday and see for yourself, I can meet you and show you the way there and im more then happy to take you back to a place where you can get picked up or get a bus if needs be!

Oh.My.GLOB

didn't scott use to ride for unabomber a while back?
    "Hail Caesarean"

Yeah he did a while back, Now skating for enuff..

One of swindons finest

Oh.My.GLOB

no doubt, swindwon has some pretty interesting spots and to be honest i think some of the guys coming up are unfairly ignored by the magazines due to it not being london/manchester/leeds
    "Hail Caesarean"

Yeah have to agree, The level of Ams now is ridiculous! Not that its a bad thing, Glad to see how far skating has come since my break (of 5 years) I used to be at the same level as most of the top skaters in swindon.. Safe to say that is no longer the case

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Dont stop mate, I live close to you and the scene is on FIRE at the moment.. The DIY skate spot we are working on is amazing! We have a 9 set with handrails down either side and we have paving slabbed down half the 9 set so its a drop in, We have built a concrete box thats quite big, Invested in coping for one side of it for grinds the other half is left plain crete for slides, The ground is smooth as a babys bum as well so learning from scratch is perfect Everyone that goes there are sound people that all get on well and have respect from each other.. The people using its age range from beginners at 14 years old up to guys in there mid 20's (scott whitaker rides for enuff)!

Come down this Sunday and see for yourself, I can meet you and show you the way there and im more then happy to take you back to a place where you can get picked up or get a bus if needs be!
    Dude that sounds the bomb but the only problem is getting there :/

I would come pick you up mate but my car is FUBAR.. No chance of getting a taxi?

I would come pick you up mate but my car is FUBAR.. No chance of getting a taxi?
    Yeah man that's understandable. Umm how much is it usually now a days?

From Caln you would be looking at around 10 mate, I may be wrong, Worth giving 01793 701701 a call and asking them!

a small edit from a couple weekends of filming, Has the DIY spot before we added angle iron the the block.

you tube link:

/watch?v=u5DsTg4mA14

Nice man

a small edit from a couple weekends of filming, Has the DIY spot before we added angle iron the the block.

you tube link:

/watch?v=u5DsTg4mA14
    Messaged you on facebook mate