Anon and the Fisters - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anon and the Fisters

good vibes

Quote Originally Posted by RockenPunk View Post
    Sweet! Yeah, I'm not saying this song, but does everyone like this style?
    Meh, not really something I'm into but there are some aspects of it I can enjoy. No worries though, this song can be as crazy as we want it, it can have a lot of styles in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is drummer? I've been playing drums for like 7 years and I have a home studio so I could definitely lay down some drum tracks.
    For sure dude, that'd be great.

This is just a simple chord riff I made up. What do you guys think?

http://soundcloud.com/daniel-and-nick/track-one

I'm open for suggestions and if you think you can make it better, dl the track from soundcloud and add to it.
    Every me and every Hsu.

LeftLaneClosed

Ok, couldn't figure out how to download fromm iPod, and I am not on soundcloud (yet) so I just power-chorded it plus some solo guitar type stuff.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62292019/New%20Project%2016.m4a

Turbo Raptor!

Both sound good, STL I like yours especially. This could get interesting because I think my style of playing differs a lot to be honest!

This is just kinda a slow poppy/surfy style rhythm thing, I just like playing chords on the high strings...

http://soundcloud.com/snowjoe-1/1st-sample-2/s-iP52Z

And I dunno this is just something I've been messing around with, just picking through chords and a 3 chord standard chorus, apologies for the phone signals and a few blown chords :P

http://soundcloud.com/snowjoe-1/sample-2

YA NO WOT I MEEN
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Scrubs Nerd

I really do like what you guys are putting out so far.

good vibes

I can see the huge differences even in their subtle ways. STL has a much sadder sound. While RockenPunk has sort of an optimistic sound. And Snowjoe has that happy get-up sound. All of these can put put together as so if they were more developed.

So what it looks like is with these different sounds, we're going to have to transition them all together pretty much until we can get other people to match other's styles. Such as how STL has that sad sound that Rocken can bring you out of and Joe get's you going. You see the flow kind of? Just needs to be worked on, these parts really can't be worked in together yet.

If someone can throw up a bass line to go with Snowjoes first sample, please do, because I can sort of hear one already. I think we should use this sample at some part in the song, but not a very large part. Just somewhere right so we can change the mood.
    Joe, you can work on that sample as much as you'd like, I'm not saying, "that's perfect, let's move on", but let's work on that one because I think it has a spot in the song.

I don't really know what to do with STL's part for right now, I just know that I really want to use it. I love the vibe to it, I love where it puts me. For now all I can think is to have it either in the beginning or much later in the song. Either to start the mood sad and move into happy, or vice versa.
    Do you think you could do something with Doris Marie (http://soundcloud.com/daniel-and-nick/doris-marie), Dan? I can see that working together with your first track some how. Also, your OMG SO COOL (http://soundcloud.com/daniel-and-nic...ooooooooo-cool) track is wonderful and I want something like it to be put in there.

Rocken, your part I don't really know what to do with it either at the moment. I can see it lightening things up in the song which would be very good to use before Joe's track. And I love the solo, I just don't know what to do with it for the time being.

I'm talking too much about transitions. It's just all I can focus on at this stage. Everyone is going to have a different style, we just need to get to that point where we can fit them together.

Turbo Raptor!

Yeah the first one is very much just a simple rhythm section, definitely room for a nice bassline and a lead guitar over top to embellish it.

Got to be careful not to try mash too much difference in style though I think, could be a bit ambitious, might be better to maybe have a few different "songs" together to use rather than try throw it into one. This could get interesting
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

LeftLaneClosed

Loved that first one joe, I kept thinking of a good bass riff to go over it.

Turbo Raptor!

A bassline would be wicked, I gotta work soon but I'll figure out the chords tomorrow morning if it helps figure out what kind of notes etc to use.

Turbo Raptor!

Also as an update I'm out of town today and work all day tomorrow so will get something else done on thursday!

LeftLaneClosed

This reminded me of snowjoes sample

Turbo Raptor!

Quote Originally Posted by RockenPunk View Post
    This reminded me of snowjoes sample

Yeah thats what I thought after, I've loved that song forever and it shows

Scrubs Nerd

^Love that song.

good vibes

Anyone got any new tracks?

I like this thread
    Kickflips and 360 flips are ****

We were all off our faces on mushrooms when we recorded Plug In Baby... There was this big field next to the recording studio filled with them. So we ate them all. I don't know what we were doing, but we all ended up naked in a jacuzzi and I went deaf in one ear from falling asleep in the sauna... Matt Bellamy

New line nearly https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...if_t=video_tag

New Photo https://www.facebook.com/laurence.ev...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Man View Post
    Anyone got any new tracks?
    I haven't made any new tracks, but I've been trying to.
    Every me and every Hsu.

angry, young & beautiful

i havent forgotten about this, but i've been drawing a blank as to writing something that could compliment/expand on whats been put up so far
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Kill your brain

i dunno if anyones interested in this kinda stuff, but I could be down to take some of your recorded instrument segments and put them with a digital drum track and bassline. I think the combo of a real instrument and an "electronic" track could be pretty sick.

Heres a track that kinda shows my style with production
    Listen to this on proper speakers or headphones, laptop speakers just wont cut it
    http://soundcloud.com/cyclopianarchitects/memory
    wubwub

Turbo Raptor!

RIGHT BUMP.

I've been mad busy at work and making the most of the amazing weather so I've kinda been skating, swimming and playing soccer more than being inside on my guitar to be honest! Anyway I got a day off tuesday and weather isn't meant to be great so I'll lay some stuff down then!

good vibes

If you guys are busy, don't worry about it. We aren't on a deadline, but we must stay active. I've been trying to come up with some words to throw into this but it's kind of hard without a real structure yet. Let's get to it guys! Don't let this die!