Canon t3i VS Sony Fx1

Thread: Canon t3i VS Sony Fx1

Default Canon t3i VS Sony Fx1

Might be trading my t3i for an Fx1. I wanna hear some of your opinions.

psn=Stusiano

depends on what you're trying to film

Retired Staff

i personally wouldn't, i never really liked fx1 footage that much. If you're doing it because you want to go back to a camcorder id say sell your setup and look for a used hvx. I just got my hvx setup for 1500 with a bunch of stuff

Well, I used to film alot of skating but ever since I got my t3i, ive completely stopped and now ive only shoot short films, or nature type of stuff, I love the dslr for the great footage and dof, but I love the feel of a camcorder for skating. And if I sold my T3i I would probably only get around 700 cause all i have is the kit lens and a 50mm lens that i managed to mess up. So for me its like Fx1 for skating, Dslr for everything else..

I recommend the Canon EOS Rebel T3i. Although it is a DSLR, it shoots 1080p HD at 30 fps and 720p at 60 fps. It also has a flip- out vari angle 3" LCD screen in addition to the viewfinder. It also has several Video modes and auto focus points for easy filming. It has the universal Hot Shoe mount for a light and an External Mic input as well. It can film on an SD card, as well as Compact Flash storage. It fits right in your price range at $800.
    Orange Contender Elite 50-60# GTX 31" draw
    White Carbon Matrix plus 60-70# RKT 31.5" draw
    Green Vantage Elite 40-50# SpiralX 31" draw

http://www.sencart.com/Supply-camera_c76

Retired Staff

1. The auto focus doesn't work for video mode on the dslrs and
    2. He already has a t2i he said he was going to trade it for an fx1 not deciding between the two

Yea, I decided im probably just gonna stay with my t3i, and just buy a handle and fisheye eventually

Retired Staff

Get an eazy handle, everyone will say it's not worth it, you might not think so either but once you get your hands on one and you film with it there isn't another handle out there that is as good. And you could definitely get the v1 used for cheap now

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Get an eazy handle, everyone will say it's not worth it, you might not think so either but once you get your hands on one and you film with it there isn't another handle out there that is as good. And you could definitely get the v1 used for cheap now
    I completely agree. I filmed my last full length video with it and it turned out gorgeous. The only thing is that the handle places your lens considerably lower than where your lens would be for a prosumer camcorder...so it's a little bit of practice to readjust your framing for fisheye lines.